Beaches Negril Brides 2011

Thanks so much for your feedback and answers!!! My kit is dated for 8/4/2011 so I guess it is a newer copy.. So you don't know about the Catarmaran cruise? In how it says it starts at $1,950.00? I just don't understand how the pricing structure is I guess? I actually e-mailed "Glen" today about the menu situation as mine does not have one enclosed to look at!! I also think we may cave and have the steel drum band.. We don't like the mento band too much from what we have seen on google searches. And she is going o come to our resort and do the hair/makeup and she said usually the resorts are cool with it.. I'm just on the fence about it I don't want to pay $1400.00 for them to say "NO" to me!!

I also have a question from what I came across on the group code contract.. It states that One (1) complimentary person credit based on first (12) paid double rooms....

What the heck does that mean?!?!?!

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

Originally Posted by Dymond6 View Post

Hi, Congrats. My wedding is October 15 @ Beaches Negril. I'm ready ready ready lol. I'll try to help you as much as I can. The $75 reception is discounted to $60 all the time, once you have the 10 rooms booked. Something about the complementary cocktail being $15 so they take $15 off.

1. I'm still stuck on whether or not to do the DJ, mento band or both. I read somewhere on here that someone got a 1 person mento band and 1 hr DJ. They said the mento was nice.

2. My brochure says the Katt cruise is 1-25 for $2000. My brochure is dated 2/18/2011 maybe its old. Which one do you have?

3. I'm taking my own glasses. I got them engraved. Found them on sale on the knot.

4. The brochure should have the different menu choices. There is also an upgraded menu, which is more per person.

5. I have that same question. Cant help you there.

6. Another great question. I dont fully know the answer, however to my understanding the reception is outdoors and you can rent a dance floor.
7. They dont allow outside vendors, but will allow yuor guests to perform services. Once of my guests/friends is the photographer. I asked the W.C. about that and she said its fine as long as she is a guest and uses no equipment. A makeup artist is different I assume. She will be in your room I guess so she will need a day pass. Or are you going to her? If thats the case you will should be fine.

Hope I helped a little

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least they moved your wedding to the different location!!! Good thing!! I would be stressing like CRAZY if something like that happened and I couldn't have my wedding I have planned for two years!!! I hope everything goes smoothly for you and remember to enjoy your day to the fullest!!!

Originally Posted by Trimalusta View Post

I'm getting married at Beaches Negril on 9/24/2011. 10 more days!! We are staying at Sandals Negril, with wedding at Beaches to accomdoate our families with kids. It's been a long haul since two weeks ago when Hurricane Irene closed down Beaches Turks and we were squeezed into Negril.  I'll definiltey do a review and post a few pics once we return.  Good luck to you all planning!

Congratulations!! So excited for you.  I am also getting married at Beaches Negril....but I got 20 more days!!!  Yay....so I know exactly how you ffel.  Hopefully the resort wont be too overflowing with people as a result of the other resorts being closed due to the Hurricane damages.  Enjoy your trip to the fullest and congrats again.  Look forward to your pics....by that time...i might be out there already.

Originally Posted by Trimalusta View Post

I'm getting married at Beaches Negril on 9/24/2011. 10 more days!! We are staying at Sandals Negril, with wedding at Beaches to accomdoate our families with kids. It's been a long haul since two weeks ago when Hurricane Irene closed down Beaches Turks and we were squeezed into Negril.  I'll definiltey do a review and post a few pics once we return.  Good luck to you all planning!

Chloe called me today and she said she sent me a newer copy. I have to check. My current brochure said 1-25 guests = $2k, that was cut and dry. But they have changed the pricing to say that it starts at $1950 I guess. So nope, I'm no help for you there. Wow thats a lot for makeup, you must have a lot of girls though.

The  One (1) complimentary person credit based on first (12) paid double rooms.... part. I had a million questions as well. The explained it to me several times and I thought I understood, however when I got my comp, it was still less than I expected. Here is the way it was explained: They look at the way the majority of your guests booked and how much they pay for the room. For example I have 18 rooms total, 4 couples are staying at sandals, the rest are at beaches 5 double rooms, 9 single rooms. So although the brochure said double rooms, Connie in the groups department explained that the majority of my guests stayed at Beaches, so they didnt look at the Sandals room amount, and the majority of my guest booked as singles. Which was about 750 a room. So I was thinking I was going to receive 750, but I got about 590ish. My TA said they dont give you back the taxes and stuff.

Connie said they were going to send my TA a check, however they just took it off of what I owed. S/N wish I made it up to 25 rooms :)

Clear as mud?

Originally Posted by Sllefebvr View Post

Thanks so much for your feedback and answers!!! My kit is dated for 8/4/2011 so I guess it is a newer copy.. So you don't know about the Catarmaran cruise? In how it says it starts at $1,950.00? I just don't understand how the pricing structure is I guess? I actually e-mailed "Glen" today about the menu situation as mine does not have one enclosed to look at!! I also think we may cave and have the steel drum band.. We don't like the mento band too much from what we have seen on google searches. And she is going o come to our resort and do the hair/makeup and she said usually the resorts are cool with it.. I'm just on the fence about it I don't want to pay $1400.00 for them to say "NO" to me!!

I also have a question from what I came across on the group code contract.. It states that One (1) complimentary person credit based on first (12) paid double rooms....

What the heck does that mean?!?!?!

Thanks again for all of your help!!!

That helps SOOO much.. I had so many people read it and nobody could understand it!! So if I have people book and they und up paying $700.00 a night double occupancy I would get that amount minus taxes off of our overall bill.. gheesh! confusing!! So what happens if you book 25 rooms?!?!?

You are like a complete life savor otherwise haha Glenroy, the guy who sent me all of the paperwork, would already be sick of me!! HAHA!!

smile159.gif

Originally Posted by Dymond6 View Post

Chloe called me today and she said she sent me a newer copy. I have to check. My current brochure said 1-25 guests = $2k, that was cut and dry. But they have changed the pricing to say that it starts at $1950 I guess. So nope, I'm no help for you there. Wow thats a lot for makeup, you must have a lot of girls though.

The  One (1) complimentary person credit based on first (12) paid double rooms.... part. I had a million questions as well. The explained it to me several times and I thought I understood, however when I got my comp, it was still less than I expected. Here is the way it was explained: They look at the way the majority of your guests booked and how much they pay for the room. For example I have 18 rooms total, 4 couples are staying at sandals, the rest are at beaches 5 double rooms, 9 single rooms. So although the brochure said double rooms, Connie in the groups department explained that the majority of my guests stayed at Beaches, so they didnt look at the Sandals room amount, and the majority of my guest booked as singles. Which was about 750 a room. So I was thinking I was going to receive 750, but I got about 590ish. My TA said they dont give you back the taxes and stuff.

Connie said they were going to send my TA a check, however they just took it off of what I owed. S/N wish I made it up to 25 rooms :)

Clear as mud?

I also had him send me a menu this AM!! The choices are great I just hate how you can only choose one entree but oh well!!! Do you know if you choose off of this for both the "free" private welcome and the wedding reception dinner or do they choose the food for the welcome dinner?!?

You have the same questions I had :) I hate that you can only choose one as well. There is a upgraded/ premium menu ask him about that. It is more $ of course. You could do a buffet if you want more choices but it will go back up to $75 per person. You lose the $15 discount. The welcome dinner is chefs choice and from what i understand its buffet. You cant choose the menu and I guess you wont know until that day. Im going to PM you for the menu i want to make sure its the same as I have. Ask me as many questions as you like. Of course confirm with your WC. Krystina on this forum has helped me a LOT.

That helps SOOO much.. I had so many people read it and nobody could understand it!! So if I have people book and they und up paying $700.00 a night double occupancy I would get that amount minus taxes off of our overall bill.. gheesh! confusing!! So what happens if you book 25 rooms?!?!?

You are like a complete life savor otherwise haha Glenroy, the guy who sent me all of the paperwork, would already be sick of me!! HAHA!!

smile159.gif

I wish i got to 25 rooms. I guess it would be double. Since i booked through a travel agent, they would not break the formula down to me. They relied on her to do it. She didnt even know about the credit, i had to tell her. I have a little bit of control freak in me i think, because when I hear 'we cant discuss that with you since you booked through a TA' i get pissed. I mean im the one getting married people lol Have some one break the formula or a sample formula down to you on paper. Also I email my WC so I can have everything in writing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, we just returned from our wedding at Beaches Negril and stay at Sandals Negril.  I guess BDW has changed their review section of the site, so I'll be posting it here!!

JET BLUE - A

WARNING: If you are bringing your dress on your Jet Blue flight, they do NOT have closets on any of their planes and you will need to put your dress in the overhead bin.  On our first flight (one hour connecting flight from BOS to JFK) the flight was so full, my dress had to be folded on top of one of the bins.  Luckily on the flight to JFK to MBJ (montego bay) there was an empty bin and my dress was able to travel alone laid out nicely. In both cases we asked the flight attendants for help and they did the best they could to accommodate the dress.  If you have a larger dress or you don't like to "wing it" you may not wan to fly Jet Blue to ensure you are able to hang up your dress in a closet.  HOWEVER, Jet Blue was awesome in every other way and our travels and flight adjustments for last minute change to Jamaica all worked awesome.  Just remember, you can always steam your dress at the resort (it cost $80).

SANGSTER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - A

On the flight, you are given immigration forms.  They are a little tricky so read it over carefully before filling it out.  They use month/day/year for birth date and also the lines and boxes to fill out are somewhat confusing for name, address, etc. You also need to sign the immigration form like 3 times and also fill out the departure section.  You will need that when you leave.  I haven't flown international since i was 15 so all of this was so new to us.  

PRIVATE TRANSFER TO RESORT - A+

Since I was nervous about the 1.5 hour trip on a shuttle with my dress (and we had a guitar for our ceremony) we purchased the $200 private transfer.  Since we had Butler Service, there was a cooler with beer, wine , champagne, water and juices a well as a plate of appetizers and chocolates. Our car was a Mercedes with flags that said Sandals on the headlights.  I felt like a Princess!!

SANDALS NEGRIL - A+

When we arrived at Sandals Negril, we were immediately greeted by our Butler, the Sandals Wedding coordinator Andrea and the Beaches Wedding Coordinator Nickesha.  We were given cold towels  and our butler brought us to the Beach Grill and ordered us some jerk chicken.  We sat in awe at the beauty of the beach and that we were finally there!  We stayed at the Swim Up Lagoon at the beachfront (Sundowner building) and it was AMAZING.  The ONLY complaint we had was that it is the very end of the property and the property next door has a large and LOUD guard dog that barks.  Every single employee at both Sandals and Beaches were SO FRIENDLY and genuine.  We had am amazing stay at Sandals.  When going to beaches, we would request a cab ($5 per couple--most of the cabs are 6 person vans) each way.  You can also walk 5-6 minutes down the beach to Beaches Sandy Bay and take a free shuttle to Beaches Negril which runs hourly on the hour.  Staying at Sandals and getting married at Beaches worked well for us, but there were a few miscommunication that wouldn't have happened if we stayed at the resort where we got married.  So many things are put towards your room, and even though the resorts are owned by same company, they don't have the same charge lines, etc and a few things weren't as easy.  IT wasn't too stressful and we DEFINITELY are happy our wedding was at Beaches Negril and we stayed at Sandals. 

BEACHES NEGRIL WEDDING COORDINATOR/MEETING - A+

When we arrived we knew our meeting was scheduled for the following day at Beaches.  We waited at the Concierge (we were early) and were given mimosa!  Nickesha came and greeted us and we took a tour of the grounds. We knew we wanted the beach location and we LOVED what she showed us.  We were given two options for our reception, the beach hut or a private area inside The Mill (the main dinning area/buffet).  We chose the Beach hut which was directly next to the ceremony site.  We chose Beautiful Beginnings and purchased the Vision in White Arch which worked excellent.  (we did that in advance).  We had also chosen the Oceanside Luncheon Buffet which was cheese/crackers, fruit, salads, pasta with shrimp, steamed fish, chicken with mushroom sauce , veggies, roasted potatoes and TONS of desserts and pastries. IT was $40 per person and we also got kids meals for the two children under 8.  For ages 5 and under it was free, and I think for the 7 year old it was like $12 or so.  Nickesha was great, answering all of our questions and bringing up small things we didn't think of or forgot about.  I did bring all of the items I had printed out and mine was slightly moe updated than hers.  For example, I had purchased something the week before we left and she didn't have that, so I showed her our chart and it was fine.  She also gave us MORE champagne and everything was very easy.  We also were able to get the IPOD dock for free (I had read they charged you or it at the ceremony) as well have the photographer there for 30 minutes after the ceremony without buying a package prior too. They definitely do not urge you to buy things once you are there, they just want the wedding to be what you want and will work with you to make it right.  We also did not book a Rehearsal/Welcome dinner.  We were going to try out hardest to get them let us have 22 people in a private area without paying extra.  We told all our guests we'd have  a welcome dinner on Thursday night and we set a place to meet.  LUCKILY, Thursday night is the BEACH PARTY night at Beaches and Nickesha reserved us a long table for 22 right up front.  

BEACHES CEREMONY & RECEPTION - A+

Our guests were told to meet at 10:30am by the Big Top bar and one of the other wedding department employees brought them down.  Nickesha came and got me, my dad and my sister (matron of honor) around 10:42 and the wedding begin right at 11am on the dot!  We brought our own entire wedding script/vows and they read all of it.  The general Sandals vows are very religious, and legally they didnt' have to change any of our wedding for the ceremony to be legal, so it worked out very well for us. We didn't purchase an additional reception.  We had the luncheon and after eating, we had about 30 minutes of dancing--all added by our IPOD.  IT was great!!!  Dancing in the sand is HARD so 30 minutes was JUST enough time.  We also then proceeded to the ocean and JUMPED IN!  We made sure we had everyone take photos and also created a photo share site for everyone to upload their photos to.  From the start we made it clear that we wanted EVERYONE to take LOTS of photos as we didn't want to buy too many professional photos. More on that later.  The whole day was amazing and the Beaches staff at the wedding were extremely accommodating and made sure everyone had a drink, food, etc.  ONE thing that I didn't know but LOVED was that in Jamaica they have a tradition for cutting/eating of the cake.  You don't do the US tradition of feeding each other the cake, you feed the cake through your mouth---like lady and the tramp style!!  It was a great addition. 

BEACHES RESTAURANTS A-

The BEACH PARTY Friday night buffet the food was great and there was a lot of variety!  

SEVILLE - the Italian restaurant is the most fancy place at Beaches and everyone seemed to like the food there.

KIMONOS - we went to Kimonos at Sandals and LOVED IT.  Everyone who went to BEACHES felt the same.  The chefs are great an it's very similar to Japanese Hibachi back in the states.

ARIZONAS - this was the only food taht I did not like during our who ten days at Beaches or Sandals.  My dad had a bone in his chicken quesadilla and my fish sandwich wasn't seasoned very well.  

THE MILL - we had a la carte lunch at THE MILL and it was maybe the best fish I had all week.  The Buffett was great too. VERY extensive and the Kid's Corner was great---always had chicken nuggets, fries, spaghetti and peanut butter and jelly!

Each restaurant has limited options, but there are so many different choices of where to go to eat, so it's not hard to find something you like. People who are used to five star restaurants might have different views, but the food was sufficient for sure.

BEACHES WATER PARK - A

SO MUCH FUN.  There are two slides, one open and one enclosed.  The enclosed slide is FAST and pitch black.  The other one is pretty fast as well.  The lazy river is so much fun.  They don't have inner tubes, you need to wear a life vest.  At first we were turned off by that, but it was actually very fun and relaxing and the vest wasn't annoying at all.  There are plenty of food (and ice cream machine) right by the water park and the pool and swim up bar are right there as well.  We could have spent all day there!

BEACHES BEACH -- A-

There was definitely ALOT more sand and beach at Beaches than Sandals.  The beach was beautiful and the swimming was great.  There were at least 4 people in our group who got stung by jelly fish at Sandals and Beaches, so just be aware.  ALSO, there are A LOT of bugs at Beaches and Sandals.  Make sure to wear bug spray. There are sand fleas at night at Sandals (not sure about Beaches, but assume so) ESPECIALLY put buy spray on your legs and ankles.  EVERYONE from both resorts got lots of bug bites on their legs.  Beaches also has a lot of trees an bushes, so more bugs flying around as well.  There are  ALOT of vendors walking the Beach and they bug you, but if you ignore them or say NO, they will go away.  

BEACHES ENTERTAINMENT - A

The "players" were AMAZING!!!!  We even had two employees come over and dance with us at our wedding.  At the Beach Party, we had so much fun dancing the night away and learning lots of new Jamaican dance moves.  Every night the entertainment at Beaches was fantastic for both kids and adults.  There were steel drum players playing traditional and modern pop music.  The resort was VERY low on guests (off season) but all the staff did their best to make sure everyone had fun and we did not feel slighted at all for not having a full house!  

BEACHES RED LANE SPA - A-

I had my hair done at Beaches and my sister had her hair and make up done there as well.  We both had great experiences, my only complain was one of my bobby pins fell out like twice...not a big deal at all.  One thing I didn't know bout was  there is a "service charge" not the traditional tip.  I had planned on giving a cash tip, but your room is charged a 12.5% service charge.  The spa is pretty small, but they do the job!

SANDALS RED LANE SPA - A-

I got  a mani and pedi at Sandals Red Lane Spa the day before the wedding with Simone.  She did a great job.  The pedi's are not in a traditional pedi chair, but a comfortable chair and a bucket of water.  It worked well though.  I waited an hour until going to the beach, and my pedi still got a bit smudged.  I went back and she fixed it no problem.  I think the humidity really made it take longer to dry.  

BEACHES PHOTOGRAPHY  B (photographer A-)

We had Collin, and he was very nice and took 134 photos of us! All the photos came out nice and we had blinding sun and I am very pale.  He did not complain when my friend followed us down the beach and literally stood behind him as he took photos of us.  I thought that was nice of him.  We went to view our photos and ultimately chose 16 photos.  We were able to see all our friends photos first, so we knew what ones we really wanted and what one we had similar from our friends.  With our package we got one free 5x7 and we purchased 15 photos in 5x7 and on CD.  It cost $360.  PLEASE NOTE that the "free" photo you get is NOT included on a CD.  The quality of their photos is not great, and the KODAK printing, etc is not that great.  I know you have read a lot about that, but the printed quality isn't that great.  My hubby had a seersucker striped suit and it looks all shimmery and pixilated since the camera quality isn't TOP quality.  That is one reason why we didn't want to purchase too many.  Also, when we picked up our album, there was some smudging or "running" on one photo.  Like a black smudge which we complained about and got a new print printed.  We also complained that we weren't told about the "free" photo not being included on the CD and they gave us an extra CD with the photo.  They really are there to help you, so if you speak up and do it not TOO rudely, they will try to help.  

Sorry for the spelling errors!!!  PLEASE feel free to PM me with any questions about Beaches or Sandals Negril!!!