Our engagement

Always fun to share this. I met Chris in 2003 through a friend of mine who knew his sister. Chris is in the Air Force and had come back to Dallas after graduating from the AFA. We had a fun time at a happy hour party with tons of friends. Although I thought he was nice looking and friendly I had been dating someone for a few months so I didn't try to get his attention anymore than he was giving me. :) hahaha I became friendly with his sister through our mutual friend and off and on through the years she spoke of his Iraq tour and how he was progressing in the military. Last year during Christmas some co workers asked me to go with them for lunch. I wanted to go workout and declined but after they basically pulled me out of my desk, I decided I'd go. So happy I did :) At a little sandwich shop populated and known as the best kept secret around was this handsome guy. I looked like CRAP hahahaha Frumpy I told him later. I ordered my food and as I was paying I noticed many pictures of this guy in uniform and when I say many I mean many hanging on the walls. I looked at the name tag on his uniform and it clicked familiar. I immediately turned to him and asked are you Lisa's brother? He said Yes, Vanessa. How are you? I was shocked. I didnt remember his first name. hahaha and he not only remembered my name but where I worked from 2003!!! 100PTS for him. We chatted some but he was with many guests who had come to see him before he headed back to Germany. So I went and sat down with my co workers. They giggled about how cute he was and he liked me. I was like whatever. (Do you thinkhuh.gif?) hahaha Yes of course I was so happy he was smiling from ear to ear while talking to me. Anyway, after about 15 mins he came to our table and told us this was his family's place and that he was in for some rest before going back to finish out another year before coming back to Texas. I told him I was having a New Year's Eve party and to join me with his sister if they could. He said he'd try. So off I go and then as I am getting into the car his sister, my friend arrives. We all laugh at how random it all was. I didnt even want to go eat! Its true how they say it just happens when it happens. I didnt see him at NYEve and although we spoke a few times online he was ending a relationship with a girl and I didnt want any part of that. I figured he was like most guys...sorry you all know what I mean girls. and I moved along. 2 months later I heard from him again. It was his b'day and he emailed me saying hello. Back and forth we chatted and he had ended his relationship of only 3 months so that was good and was enjoying his time with friends in Germany. He recently started going to Bible Study and was enjoying his relationship with Jesus Christ. Moving forward a month. My Mom had to have open heart surgery. A 9 hr surgery that was horrible to wait through. Chris called me from Germany as he had been doing and talked to me for the 5 hours comforting me as I sat in the hospital waiting for my Mom to be put into ICU. Lots of people were there and to be honest only he and I. I cant thank him enough for his time with me. Mom came out of surgery we were all relieved and thankful and when she came home a week later we were blessed. I bring this up because it really moved things into gear with Chris. Going through not just how cute everyone is, how fun they are, how this and that they have...we had just gone through an emotional drama and it truly sealed some feelings inside. When Mom was home it was Easter weekend. Chris asked if I'd come to Germany for the long weekend. He would purchase a ticket if I could come. I asked my parents what they thought and they said if you think hes something special go see. So I did. And yes he was/is something special. Fast forward again...BTW I've been to Germany now 4 times in the last 4 months. hahaha When Chris and I were talking early on he asked me if I would go with him to California for a wedding. Of course I said yes. Well its June now and we went. But just before the wedding he came to meet my parents. We had a dinner party for his family and ours since Chris and I had fallen in love by this time. After we thanked everyone for being there, Chris got down on his knee after already asking my Father for his blessing, and he asked me in front of the whole restaurant and family if I'd marry him. Shocked yes I was shocked and said YES and then immediately texts all my girlfriends. Hahahaha oh that was a good one I'll never live down!!! We are so happy. He asked out of the AF early due to an early departure the AF has for its officers. Im happy to say in 8 days he's HOME. To our HOME. WE are getting married on paper in Dallas and then have our vows in Las Caletas with family and friends. We are so happy and so blessed to be together. I've been looking for this man my whole adult life. Hes everything I wanted, needed and I cant wait to spend the rest of my entire life with him and our babies!!! when we have them which will hopefully on both our parts be SOON!!! He said the honeymoon. Okay :) hahaha Well, thats our love story. Fast and furious passionate and blessed. What more could a girl ask for. I cant wait to share our wedding with all of you. You've all been so giving of info and so helpful. Although how do I post pics on here!!! hahaha Vanessa Bride to be Las Caletas Jan 5, 08

Sweet story Vanessa, isnt it funny how fate works out in the end? Congrats on the engagement! We will be staying at the Riu Jalisco in october for our wedding so if you have any questions let me know, I'll do my best to find answers.