MVP Hair and Make Up - Reviews????

Hi Ladies,

I got married in January and used Melissa and she was AMAZING!  I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful she is..but I'll try...  I actually did FOUR hair and makeup trials with various artists, including Fernando, who is pretty popular in the Riviera Maya area before finding Michelle.  None of them really captured what I was looking for until her.  PERFECTION!  She did my makeup at my hotel (Fairmont) and then drove to the wedding location (Hacienda Esperanza) and stayed throughout the wedding ceremony and photos to give me the occasional 'touch-up.   Seriously, you cannot go wrong with Melissa.  I've attached one photo but I know she and Edgar took some pics so you can probably ask them to share.   

M&M.bmp

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized I said 'Michelle' not 'Melissa' in my  post.  Yikes!  Pardon my mistake. Clearly I should drink my coffee before writing anything in the morning. :)

Originally Posted by meg&mon View Post

Hi Ladies,

I got married in January and used Melissa and she was AMAZING!  I cannot begin to tell you how wonderful she is..but I'll try...  I actually did FOUR hair and makeup trials with various artists, including Fernando, who is pretty popular in the Riviera Maya area before finding Michelle.  None of them really captured what I was looking for until her.  PERFECTION!  She did my makeup at my hotel (Fairmont) and then drove to the wedding location (Hacienda Esperanza) and stayed throughout the wedding ceremony and photos to give me the occasional 'touch-up.   Seriously, you cannot go wrong with Melissa.  I've attached one photo but I know she and Edgar took some pics so you can probably ask them to share.   

M&M.bmp

Leanne, thanks for sharing the photos.  Everything looked beautiful!  M&M, is there any way you could send me a pic?  for some reason i don't have access to open the attachment you posted.  I'm so happy to hear what a great experience you had with her.  I just sent in my deposit for her to my hair and makeup as well as my 6 bridesmaids, mom and mom-in-law.  I can't wait!

Hello Future Brides,

I did use Melissa Parry for my wedding on February 26th, 2011 so it took me while to get my review posted.  I booked her a few months before my wedding and I was staying and getting married at the Moon Palace Cancun.  Melissa and a few assistants met myself and my wedding party in my room at 8am sharp to get started.  Melissa and the people she works with are very organized and professional from the booking to the day of my wedding. I was very stressed out about finding someone in Mexico to do my hair and make-up because I am very picky and I am used to having my hair done in Los Angeles and have my hair and make-up done in a modern way which they don't always do in Mexico.  So I was very excited when I found out she is from LA and has been doing hair there for a long time and still comes back to LA to take care of her clients and get all the best products she can't get in Mexico so all her brides get the best products used on them.

On the day of my wedding she made sure all of my bridal party was ready and waiting in my room to make sure we all were done on time since there was 8 of us.  They didn't get started on me until 10am or so since I am the bride and Melissa wanted to make sure I was fresh.  She is very organized in the process of getting ready since she has been doing this for a long time and makes sure everyone is done with plenty of time to spare.  Her assistants started by prepping everyones hair and then one by one she styled everyones hair.  My bridal party all brought pictures of what they wanted and she nailed all of them and my girls looked elegant and beautiful, she will make sure no one looks like they are going to prom.  As for my hair I showed her a couple pictures and wanted something in the middle and she did a perfect job of giving me exactly what I wanted and I didn't even have a trial.  She is very good at styling hair and will get what you want right.  I am the only one who got my make-up done since I didn't want to worry about it and I could not have been happier with my make-up on my wedding day.  I guess she is good at everything because I don't know what I liked better my make-up or my hair.  I wanted to look like myself but better and thats exactly how she did my make-up.   I didn't want to look like a clown which is what happened to me at the MAC counter 2 weeks before my wedding.  I have had my make-up done many times and I think she did it the best, I loved the products she used I had to go out and buy a couple of the products she used I liked them so much.

Melissa made my day go very smooth and made sure I was always taken care of as well of my wedding party.  She is a pleasure to work with and since she lives in Cancun she also knows how things work since she services brides at all of the resorts in the Cancun area.  For example, I was getting my hair done and my wedding coordinator who works for the Moon Palace calls and wants to know if she can move our reception inside because there was a chance of rain.  Now I was having my reception on a roof top bar so I would be very disappointed if I had to change it and it was a beautiful day outside so this was a little strange.  Melissa right away says to me," Don't change your reception they are just trying to bump you for some reason, its a beautiful day its not going to rain and don't worry about it they do this all the time".   Apparently they do that a lot and good thing she was there because I probably would have freaked out until my wedding and it never rained.

Melissa is a skilled make-up and hair artist and once you book her you its one less thing for you to worry about because you will love your hair and make-up.  Also its worth getting both because on your wedding day you should be pampered and not have to worry about making yourself look good.  I definitly looked exactly the way I wanted to on my wedding day and that would not have happened having a friend slap some make-up on me and having a family member do my hair thats for sure, which I know some brides do.  Save yourself the aggravation of hiring the girls in your resort salon and being unhappy, Melissa is the best and she will make you very happy on your special day.  I have attached some pics below.

image1.JPGDSC_0156.jpgDSC_0165.jpgimage15.JPGMIR_6991.jpgMIR_7256.jpgDSC_0051.jpgDSC_0169.jpgDSC_0196.jpgMIR_7262.jpg

• 4 weeks later...