beautiful, are you in love?!

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#22 wendyjd

wendyjd
    • 968 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:04 AM

yes, I love it.  It's supposed to be my daily driver but I enjoy driving it almost as much as the boxster, except its automatic--steptronic but I haven't tried that out yet. I had it on old boxster but the paddles to shift were on the steering wheel and not very useful/handy.  Took her down and had the windows tinted yesterday. 

#23 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
      • 11,659 posts
      • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:55 AM

ahh...to be young and baby-free....i had to trade in my bmw's for a minivan BUT as soon as the boys are out of car-seats I am getting another fun car.  my sister is a car broker so she gets a new car every 2 years...jealous.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
      Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
      Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
      Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
      sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
      Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#24 acireta

acireta
      • Site Supporter
      • 750 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:17 AM

Wendy- that's awesome! Can't wait to get tints on the mustang done. They just recently became legal in Illinois so I'm saving up! Tammy- haha so true! How old are your little ones? Fi always wonders what we'll get if were blessed with kids. In true gearhead fashion, he's scared of minivans lol but my old caravan had some pick-up!

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#25 wendyjd

wendyjd
        • 968 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 01:32 PM

Tammy, ah yes, def baby free here--cats that think they are babies but car seats not required.  I bought the car from a guy who with a young child and it was not big enough. 

A friend who was outgrew her car for a minivan ended up with flame magnets for the side of the van.  Sweet!!!

#26 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:19 PM

Erica, tinting is a must.  it amazing how much cooler the interior of the car stays.  Go with the maximum legal tint.  Its 35% in TN, the tint stores sell darker but I didn't want to risk it.  I am so loving the new car, more each day, trying to figure out all the bells/whistles. 

#27 acireta

acireta
            • Site Supporter
            • 750 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:35 PM

I think it's 35 in the front and 25 in the back here in IL.

Iust found out I'm getting a larger tax return than expected so tints and ratchet shifter here I come LOL maybe some of it will go to the wedding fund also. We'll see

Here's the ratchet shifter, it basically allows an auto trans to be driven like a manual when you choose. Ahhh I can't wait!! More work for FI tee hee!

ratchet shifter.JPG

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#28 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
              • 11,659 posts
              • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by acireta 

Wendy- that's awesome! Can't wait to get tints on the mustang done. They just recently became legal in Illinois so I'm saving up!

Tammy- haha so true! How old are your little ones? Fi always wonders what we'll get if were blessed with kids. In true gearhead fashion, he's scared of minivans lol but my old caravan had some pick-up!

our minivan has some pickup as well and holds all of our baby stuff so it has worked out great.  we have a 1.5 year old and 3 year old so still in these humongous car seats.

Originally Posted by wendyjd 

Erica, tinting is a must.  it amazing how much cooler the interior of the car stays.  Go with the maximum legal tint.  Its 35% in TN, the tint stores sell darker but I didn't want to risk it.  I am so loving the new car, more each day, trying to figure out all the bells/whistles. 

you def. need max. tint...

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
              Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
              Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
              Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
              sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
              Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#29 wendyjd

wendyjd
              • 968 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 04:09 PM

Erika, I didn't realize you could self convert a car.  The new car has the tiptronic mode, I drove using it a couple days ago.  I'm not a fan (after just one try), its just not the same as punching the clutch and changing gears.  I may try it a time or two again but imo, its not worth the extra money.

#30 acireta

acireta
                • Site Supporter
                • 750 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:39 PM

Yeah it'll be cool. Basically gives an auto trans the ability to downshift and wail on it. But the cost... I swear every time I stomp the gas pedal I hear "cha-ching" :-( We got rid of the f150 this week! Fuel pump went out last week and we knew it was time. There's a brand new HHR in the driveway now! Were calling her Helga lol

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users