26 replies to this topic

#1 deniden

deniden
  • Site Supporter
  • 355 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:11 AM

For the brides who have done DIY Boarding Pass invites/RSVP cards...

... What size envelope did you enclose for your RSVP cards?

... How did you do the perforation for the Boarding Passes?

Thanks in advance!

Denielle

#2 780chick

780chick
  • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

If the boarding passes are sized three to a page, you can just use a regular envelope.  I made an envelope that the boarding pass went into by folding an 8.5x11 and then I ordered customized mailing envelopes from Vistaprint to mail them. There are lots of templates on the forum when you get enough posts or check out ayleebits.com

I bought a perforated blade for my paper cutter and had to tear them after we ran it through... you can check out how mine turned out in my DIY thread

#3 780chick

780chick
    • 263 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:30 AM

BP1.jpg

BP.jpg

#4 deniden

deniden
      • Site Supporter
      • 355 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 20, 2012
      • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:43 PM

Perfect, thanks!

I'm actually a supporter, so I can see templates... just never knew how people made the perforation.

Thanks again! :)

#5 FahKit

FahKit
      • 7 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:15 PM

I, instead of perforating each one, since we have 120 invites (hopefully only 20 - 35 show up) I bought per-perforated paper from a shop online. You can customize the perforations to whatever measurements you want so it saved me a lot of time and then I just bought a corner punch from the craft store and rounded the corners.

#6 harkatea

harkatea
        • 161 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 09:16 AM

Wow, 780chick, yours turned out perfect!

#7 FormosaDeb

FormosaDeb
          • 14 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:45 PM

Hi,

We are most likely doing the same number of invites. Who you have the link to the online shop you got the pre-perforated paper from?

Thank you!

Originally Posted by FahKit 

I, instead of perforating each one, since we have 120 invites (hopefully only 20 - 35 show up) I bought per-perforated paper from a shop online. You can customize the perforations to whatever measurements you want so it saved me a lot of time and then I just bought a corner punch from the craft store and rounded the corners.

#8 Avens

Avens
            • 576 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:07 PM

I used a standard envelope (I think they were actually Christmas envelopes from Michael's in an shimmery white heavy paper), that were on sale for like $2 for a package of 25. I don't recall the exact dimensions, but typical business envelopes which (as someone above said) you would send a 8.5 by 11 sheet of paper folder in 3 in.

As for perforation, I searched everywhere and could not find one.  Apparently Winnipeg has a shortage of perforations.  I had my RSVP on my website though, so I didn't think it was nessecary and just had the dashed line.

http://www.bestdesti...ass-invitations are mine

#9 mandys

mandys
              • 181 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:01 PM

You can use a regular size envelope or you can just format the rsvp like a postcard so you don't even need an envelope!

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana
                April 2012

#10 TigerLily

TigerLily
                • 201 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:53 PM

Hi Denielle! Just like everyone mentioned, I used regular business sized, aka No. 10 envelopes, to mail my boarding pass STDs. They fit perfectly! I bought Ayless' $10 template, which has 3 passes to a page. I then folded an 8.5"x 11" piece of cardstock and turned it into an envelope. I should probably post a thread in the diy section, I didn't get around to it yet.

FahKit- I can't believe they sell pre-perforated paper! I wish I knew that before I hand perforated all mine, lol! I bought a perforating blade for my cutter too, as 780chick mentioned. It worked fine, just a little time consuming (on top of all the cutting involved).

Avens, I bought similar "Recollections" envelopes (shimmery silver) from Michaels after Christmas as well...too funny. When I bought mine they were on clearance for a $1.00- can't beat that! Thank goodness I bought extra cuz some were messed up during printing (black ink spots-thank you, printer)

PS: You're probably aware, but make sure you get one finished boarding pass weighed before you buy stamps...mine were $.61 to mail, cuz I had a magnet attached, as well as the heavy cardstock I used as a ticket jacket...

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users