Jump to content

Photo

Ceremony Time


  • Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#31 JaziandSwag

JaziandSwag
  • Jr. Member
  • 152 posts

    Posted 08 December 2011 - 04:03 AM

    Sounds perfect!



    #32 DRPrincesa

    DRPrincesa
    • Jr. Member
    • 221 posts

      Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:18 AM


      The same here! 1:00pm ceremony and hoping hey move it to a later time.  I was harassing her at one point but I will wait til we get a little closer to the day.  LOL

      Originally Posted by Katiem2012 

      I wish ours could be scheduled a little be later. Our WC said the only time the judge was available on our date (April 28th) is at 1:00pm. It's going to be so hot! :( Hopefully they have to move it later, I'd much rather it be closer to the time of our reception dinner which is at 6:00... 3:00pm or 4:00pm would be perfect for me!



       



      #33 Katiem2012

      Katiem2012
      • Newbie
      • 104 posts

        Posted 09 December 2011 - 09:11 AM


        Yea she basically told me to wait until we get closer to the date... they only have one judge for all of Punta Cana (or so I've heard) so depending on their schedule sometimes times have to change... I'll probably ask again in Marchish..

         

         

        Originally Posted by DRPrincesa 


        The same here! 1:00pm ceremony and hoping hey move it to a later time.  I was harassing her at one point but I will wait til we get a little closer to the day.  LOL



         



         



        #34 FranticBride2be

        FranticBride2be
        • Newbie
        • 84 posts

          Posted 09 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

          Hey,

           

          We ended up booking for 5 instead of 4 or 5 30.  Fi thinks I'll be running late (which I won't be), so he says it will work out to 530 anyways.  O well, I'll play it by ear and see how it turns out.  We're getting married April 28th, and sunset is supposed to be 712.  I think the WC must have been confused when she told me the sunsets at 605...



          #35 Katiem2012

          Katiem2012
          • Newbie
          • 104 posts

            Posted 09 December 2011 - 05:19 PM

            Our WC told us that sunset will be just after 6 on the 28th as well!

             

            Where are you having your wedding? You're the first person I've found with the same date as me :)
             

            Originally Posted by FranticBride2be 

            Hey,

             

            We ended up booking for 5 instead of 4 or 5 30.  Fi thinks I'll be running late (which I won't be), so he says it will work out to 530 anyways.  O well, I'll play it by ear and see how it turns out.  We're getting married April 28th, and sunset is supposed to be 712.  I think the WC must have been confused when she told me the sunsets at 605...



             



            #36 Maheligp

            Maheligp
            • Newbie
            • 6 posts

              Posted 09 December 2011 - 10:12 PM

              I was April too but finally we decided to move our date to July. In Mexico sunset is never at 6pm, maybe it starts getting darker little by little but usually is between 6:45pm to 7:45pm depending the time of the year. It doesn't change much like other countries.

               

              We have booked for 4:30pm as we want it to be a day-wedding



              #37 JenG05

              JenG05
              • Newbie
              • 39 posts

                Posted 12 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

                We're having our ceremony at 6pm.  It will be a short symbolic ceremony. Then  we want to have some time for sunset pictures while the guests are at the cocktail hour, followed by dinner and dancing.  Hopefully it will work out perfectly.



                #38 FranticBride2be

                FranticBride2be
                • Newbie
                • 84 posts

                  Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:05 AM

                  Hey Katiem2012

                   

                  Where are you getting married?  I'm at the Grand Sunset Princess.  I haven't met anybody either who's on the same date:)

                   

                  I really think she's confused.  there's no way it sets that early... I think maybe it has to do with getting things organized on her side.  Also, she been offering us packages based on what she thinks I want, not what I actually want.  So maybe she thinks nobody goes to Mexico for a sunset wedding??
                   

                  Originally Posted by Katiem2012 

                  Our WC told us that sunset will be just after 6 on the 28th as well!

                   

                  Where are you having your wedding? You're the first person I've found with the same date as me :)
                   



                   



                   



                  #39 FranticBride2be

                  FranticBride2be
                  • Newbie
                  • 84 posts

                    Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

                    Thanks for the information on sunset.  I agree.  It probably starts to get a bit cooler at 6, but I really can't imagine it's going to be dark.  We've decided to go with 5pm, since C thinks I'll be running half an hour late anyways (he's wrong... :) ).  I might change the time back to 5 30.

                     

                    Thanks again
                     

                    Originally Posted by Maheligp 

                    I was April too but finally we decided to move our date to July. In Mexico sunset is never at 6pm, maybe it starts getting darker little by little but usually is between 6:45pm to 7:45pm depending the time of the year. It doesn't change much like other countries.

                     

                    We have booked for 4:30pm as we want it to be a day-wedding



                     



                    #40 JBandDJ

                    JBandDJ
                    • Newbie
                    • 52 posts

                      Posted 13 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

                      We are getting married in Puerto Morelos (20 km south of Cancun).  We have booked March 27, 2012 at 5pm with reception at 7pm.  The almanacs say the sun sets at 6pm - does this mean it starts going down or is gone by 6pm?  We have a terrace reception planned - are we crazy...is it likely to be quite windy??






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users