Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KrissyMcCabe

Ceremony Time

Recommended Posts


The same here! 1:00pm ceremony and hoping hey move it to a later time.  I was harassing her at one point but I will wait til we get a little closer to the day.  LOL

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 View Post

I wish ours could be scheduled a little be later. Our WC said the only time the judge was available on our date (April 28th) is at 1:00pm. It's going to be so hot! :( Hopefully they have to move it later, I'd much rather it be closer to the time of our reception dinner which is at 6:00... 3:00pm or 4:00pm would be perfect for me!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Yea she basically told me to wait until we get closer to the date... they only have one judge for all of Punta Cana (or so I've heard) so depending on their schedule sometimes times have to change... I'll probably ask again in Marchish..

 

 

Originally Posted by DRPrincesa View Post


The same here! 1:00pm ceremony and hoping hey move it to a later time.  I was harassing her at one point but I will wait til we get a little closer to the day.  LOL



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey,

 

We ended up booking for 5 instead of 4 or 5 30.  Fi thinks I'll be running late (which I won't be), so he says it will work out to 530 anyways.  O well, I'll play it by ear and see how it turns out.  We're getting married April 28th, and sunset is supposed to be 712.  I think the WC must have been confused when she told me the sunsets at 605...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our WC told us that sunset will be just after 6 on the 28th as well!

 

Where are you having your wedding? You're the first person I've found with the same date as me :)
 

Originally Posted by FranticBride2be View Post

Hey,

 

We ended up booking for 5 instead of 4 or 5 30.  Fi thinks I'll be running late (which I won't be), so he says it will work out to 530 anyways.  O well, I'll play it by ear and see how it turns out.  We're getting married April 28th, and sunset is supposed to be 712.  I think the WC must have been confused when she told me the sunsets at 605...



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was April too but finally we decided to move our date to July. In Mexico sunset is never at 6pm, maybe it starts getting darker little by little but usually is between 6:45pm to 7:45pm depending the time of the year. It doesn't change much like other countries.

 

We have booked for 4:30pm as we want it to be a day-wedding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're having our ceremony at 6pm.  It will be a short symbolic ceremony. Then  we want to have some time for sunset pictures while the guests are at the cocktail hour, followed by dinner and dancing.  Hopefully it will work out perfectly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Katiem2012

 

Where are you getting married?  I'm at the Grand Sunset Princess.  I haven't met anybody either who's on the same date:)

 

I really think she's confused.  there's no way it sets that early... I think maybe it has to do with getting things organized on her side.  Also, she been offering us packages based on what she thinks I want, not what I actually want.  So maybe she thinks nobody goes to Mexico for a sunset wedding??
 

Originally Posted by Katiem2012 View Post

Our WC told us that sunset will be just after 6 on the 28th as well!

 

Where are you having your wedding? You're the first person I've found with the same date as me :)
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the information on sunset.  I agree.  It probably starts to get a bit cooler at 6, but I really can't imagine it's going to be dark.  We've decided to go with 5pm, since C thinks I'll be running half an hour late anyways (he's wrong... :) ).  I might change the time back to 5 30.

 

Thanks again
 

Originally Posted by Maheligp View Post

I was April too but finally we decided to move our date to July. In Mexico sunset is never at 6pm, maybe it starts getting darker little by little but usually is between 6:45pm to 7:45pm depending the time of the year. It doesn't change much like other countries.

 

We have booked for 4:30pm as we want it to be a day-wedding



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are getting married in Puerto Morelos (20 km south of Cancun).  We have booked March 27, 2012 at 5pm with reception at 7pm.  The almanacs say the sun sets at 6pm - does this mean it starts going down or is gone by 6pm?  We have a terrace reception planned - are we crazy...is it likely to be quite windy??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×