Hello all. I originally posted as an EDR bride... but I'm not 100% on that.
We're getting married in the RM in April 2013. Yes, I know that's crazy far away, but please hear me out.
We will be going to RM May 16-22, this year. We are currently booked for the Bride Dress Rehearsal @ EDR from the 19th-22nd. As of right now, we don't have accommodations booked for the first half of our trip. We really want to try and stay at a resort that is a viable option for either the wedding or the honeymoon. Also, we plan on doing site visits at multiple other options, not just the two we'll be staying at. This being said... I don't which resorts are/are not viable options.
I've spoken w/many local TA and all I'm really getting is a bunch of half-answers. Some say VIM... other say no way and direct me to Secrets... another to Royal PDC... etc... etc. I figured that asking you all for your opinions/expertise/advice would be the most beneficial. So. Here's our general info:
- If I could have it my way, we'd be going to Le Blanc. I don't want to be in Cancun, but it is Le Blanc, exceptions are allowed. Unfortunately, there's no way his family would be able to afford this option. However, I'm also not going to compromise too much in the other direction. We're giving people a 2-year head's up, if in the end they can't make it, then they can't make it. It is still our wedding after all. We want to enjoy every luxe minute of it.
- There will be approximately 40 guests, including us.
- For the wedding, I would prefer AI
- I would also prefer adults-only
- I want the typical beach wedding, so ASP isn't an option (and I was hoping to not make my guests go that far South)
- I want to 'feel' like I'm having my wedding in Mexico, so the uber-modern SSS is also not an option
- I'm not thrilled about a PDC setting unless we're on the outskirts, either end is fine. I just don't want to be in town
- I would prefer to not have a billion weddings happening on my wedding day, so no wedding factories like MP
- The single most important detail to me is food. I refuse to settle for mediocrity when it comes to this. To give some of you a general idea, I've stayed at ERC and the food was okay. I was better than many AI, but it was still just okay. I want to be wowed by the cuisine.
I really hope that you all can give me some guidance. I'm drowning in pamphlets and printouts and websites and I still feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. All the pretty pictures and self-proclaimed accolades in the world can't actually tell me what I really need to know.
Thank you all so much in advance for your help with this. I'm in dire need of it.