• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#21 hotlantabride

hotlantabride
  • Site Supporter
  • 96 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hi,
    I think I am going to do a faux "star" or "people" magazine. I found a website where they will print low amounts of magazines for you (so I'm planning on doing one for each welcome bag per room so around 30) and in it I will include similar features from star and people. For example:

My Letter from the editor page will be my thank you note to the guests for coming...

the who's been where this week will be my list of itinerary

I will do a past and present brides section where I will post pics of some of my older guests at their weddings and some of my friends at their weddings

I will do a News section which will gossip about all of my friends businesses, engagements, births, etc.

I will do a Wedding scoop section which will "predict" all the details that the guests need to know about the wedding and the welcome cocktail dinner

I will do a "when they were young section" which will be all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids as kids with a game to pick who is who

And I will do a crossword puzzle with a fact about all the guests that people can only answer if they have talked to the other guests...winner will get a prize or something...

The magazine will only cost about a 100 to publish for 30 of them and its my only DIY project so I am excited! Thoughts???

<3 Brit 12/9/11

I love that!  Would you mind sharing the website? Thanks!!!!

WOW this is another great one. There are so many great ideas, I am having a hard time deciding. Thank you for your post

Terricca and JeVon ~~Reverse Destination from Bermuda to Atlanta, Georgia~~ July 18th 2012

#22 JMikla

JMikla
    • 189 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

I have 70+ guests but am planning on working something out for our wed site and OOT bags :)

Marrying my best friend Dec 3rd, 2011 @ Las Caletas
      70 guests booked and paid and counting....

#23 GreekFood

GreekFood
      • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by britb618 

Hi,I think I am going to do a faux "star" or "people" magazine. I found a website where they will print low amounts of magazines for you (so I'm planning on doing one for each welcome bag per room so around 30) and in it I will include similar features from star and people. For example:

My Letter from the editor page will be my thank you note to the guests for coming...

the who's been where this week will be my list of itinerary

I will do a past and present brides section where I will post pics of some of my older guests at their weddings and some of my friends at their weddings

I will do a News section which will gossip about all of my friends businesses, engagements, births, etc.

I will do a Wedding scoop section which will "predict" all the details that the guests need to know about the wedding and the welcome cocktail dinner

I will do a "when they were young section" which will be all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids as kids with a game to pick who is who

And I will do a crossword puzzle with a fact about all the guests that people can only answer if they have talked to the other guests...winner will get a prize or something...

The magazine will only cost about a 100 to publish for 30 of them and its my only DIY project so I am excited! Thoughts???

<3 Brit 12/9/11

That is very ambitious! Please let us know how it turns out!

Punta Cana, DR 01.16.2012

61 booked and counting!

#24 GreekFood

GreekFood
        • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:25 PM

I'm also planning to do a kind of Facebook idea--by literally using people's Facebook pictures (because it's easy!). Of course, I will only use flattering pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to do it. So many good ideas on here!

61 booked and counting!

#25 GreekFood

GreekFood
          • 165 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:28 PM

I also want to do something with a map to show where everyone's from since we have guests from all over the US! Haven't figure that one out yet either, but I'll get there!

61 booked and counting!

#26 britb618

britb618
            • Site Supporter
            • 111 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:41 AM

Thanks! I have finished the magazine, 24 pages :) Sending it to the printer next week! Hoping all works out! I will post pics when I get them back!

#27 MissMeg

MissMeg
              • Site Supporter
              • 40 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 08:06 AM

love this idea!! Would love to see pictures of the final product when you receive them :)

“We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea - whether it is to sail or to watch it - we are going back from whence we came." -John F Kennedy

#28 sxcT

sxcT
                • 1,282 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:06 PM

Can't wait to see the finished product.  Sounds so cute!!

Originally Posted by britb618 

Thanks! I have finished the magazine, 24 pages :) Sending it to the printer next week! Hoping all works out! I will post pics when I get them back!

#29 Reinita

Reinita
                  • 153 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

That is such a great idea! I am definitely going to have to look into this. Thanks guys!

#30 Sherio9090

Sherio9090
                    • 71 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

I love the idea of creating a magazine.

My FI and I talk about our "get out of jail free person" i.e. celebrity we would be with if they would have us ;-)

I would love to photoshop pictures of both us with that person for the magazine.

Thanks for the website info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users