Sign in to follow this  
SarahBen2011

Who's Who Guest List

Hi,

I think I am going to do a faux "star" or "people" magazine. I found a website where they will print low amounts of magazines for you (so I'm planning on doing one for each welcome bag per room so around 30) and in it I will include similar features from star and people. For example:

My Letter from the editor page will be my thank you note to the guests for coming...

the who's been where this week will be my list of itinerary

I will do a past and present brides section where I will post pics of some of my older guests at their weddings and some of my friends at their weddings

I will do a News section which will gossip about all of my friends businesses, engagements, births, etc.

I will do a Wedding scoop section which will "predict" all the details that the guests need to know about the wedding and the welcome cocktail dinner

I will do a "when they were young section" which will be all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids as kids with a game to pick who is who

And I will do a crossword puzzle with a fact about all the guests that people can only answer if they have talked to the other guests...winner will get a prize or something...

The magazine will only cost about a 100 to publish for 30 of them and its my only DIY project so I am excited! Thoughts???

<3 Brit 12/9/11

I love that!  Would you mind sharing the website? Thanks!!!!

WOW this is another great one. There are so many great ideas, I am having a hard time deciding. Thank you for your post

Originally Posted by britb618 View Post

Hi,I think I am going to do a faux "star" or "people" magazine. I found a website where they will print low amounts of magazines for you (so I'm planning on doing one for each welcome bag per room so around 30) and in it I will include similar features from star and people. For example:

My Letter from the editor page will be my thank you note to the guests for coming...

the who's been where this week will be my list of itinerary

I will do a past and present brides section where I will post pics of some of my older guests at their weddings and some of my friends at their weddings

I will do a News section which will gossip about all of my friends businesses, engagements, births, etc.

I will do a Wedding scoop section which will "predict" all the details that the guests need to know about the wedding and the welcome cocktail dinner

I will do a "when they were young section" which will be all of the groomsmen and bridesmaids as kids with a game to pick who is who

And I will do a crossword puzzle with a fact about all the guests that people can only answer if they have talked to the other guests...winner will get a prize or something...

The magazine will only cost about a 100 to publish for 30 of them and its my only DIY project so I am excited! Thoughts???

<3 Brit 12/9/11

That is very ambitious! Please let us know how it turns out!

I'm also planning to do a kind of Facebook idea--by literally using people's Facebook pictures (because it's easy!). Of course, I will only use flattering pictures. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly to do it. So many good ideas on here!

I also want to do something with a map to show where everyone's from since we have guests from all over the US! Haven't figure that one out yet either, but I'll get there!

Can't wait to see the finished product.  Sounds so cute!!

Originally Posted by britb618 View Post

Thanks! I have finished the magazine, 24 pages :) Sending it to the printer next week! Hoping all works out! I will post pics when I get them back!

I love the idea of creating a magazine.

My FI and I talk about our "get out of jail free person" i.e. celebrity we would be with if they would have us ;-)

I would love to photoshop pictures of both us with that person for the magazine.

Thanks for the website info.