moniwoni

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

How goes everything ladies? Let me tell you, it is incredibly hard to plan a wedding from the UK, for a host of guests that live in the US who have to go to DR. This decision was crazy!!!! But my invitations are almost all done and ready to be sent out!!! I'm so hoping that this will light a fire under everyones ass and they'll start reserving rooms. I'm tired of the 'I can't wait emails' then speak to my TA and nothing...

Ok, now that I've vented...thanks for listening ;-)

Skygirl and Eva1Love - Larimar charges for kids 2 and up if you're heading there during peak season, so big holidays and short school vacations - that sort of thing. Not in the summer (I think) though. I'm getting married over winter break and our guests kids are being charged for their kids.

They had an introductory special where kids went free but as of 2012, I've heard that the special isn't on anymore. You can work out with your TA some incentives though. So I think if I get 30 rooms booked they may drop that charge or something...I've got to find my contract to be sure.  

Thanks ladies!!

@vav11238 - I think I have some time being that we want to get married July of 2013... so I'm going to wait until about January 2012 and see what offers the resorts can give us - then we'll decide from there. I did not think it would be this difficult to get this going... I feel that once we book the resort everything else will fall into place :) so I'm looking forward to that!

I will keep you all posted on my findings...

xoxo

Ah, Eva, I remember thinking that same thing too.....

Kidding aside, best of luck! You've time really, loads of time to chose. Personally, I'd hold off and try to take a trip out there to see the locations that you haven't stayed at before choosing. It will give you piece of mind. 

hmm interesting about the cost for the kids. I called TA and asked for Oct 2012, and she said all they will have to pay is the tax under 50$for the week for kids under 12. I will have to check on this. But again like u said it could be depending when you are going

Hey Vav! I'm sure you're right...

I'll see what my budget allows... I would love to go and visit but I think I may want to use that $ towards the wedding...

I've been to Dreams Punta Cana & Riu Palace Punta Cana - I love the area... and I'm pretty sure they are all slightly similar but we'll see :)

thanks for the advice.

Eva

I ask Claribel but she didn't understand. She thought I meant pool lanterns when I said floating. Perhaps 'sky laterns' will be clearer for her to understand. I too want them...

Originally Posted by moniwoni View Post

Does anyone know if the resort allows sky lanterns??  I really want to have our guests all light one on the beach ~ they look amazing!

Hello ladies! It's been a while... My wedding is 2 months away msnparty.gif and ahh there's so so much to be done before we go. 

Moni, I hope your planning going smoothly and you're just as excited as I am. I'd love to do the sky lanterns too! Where would you purchase it? I'm bringing some colorful lanterns to decorate the ceiling, but the idea of all guests lighting it by the beach is fascinating!

Vav, I can imagine how hard it is to coordinate everything between UK-US-DR. I'm having to do the same thing but only US-RUS-DR. Definitely not easy :)

Katusha, i did not realize that u  r from russia!daaa, me too, i should have known katusha, aka katya..do u have family from russia coming to the wedding?i know moscow and st.petersburg have a direct flight to DR.

ladies what time are you booking ur ceremony?i was thinking doing it at 4pm, but not sure if it a bit late..i just hate having bright sun hitting my face, i wouldnt be able to open my eyes...for pictures..Claribel told me that sdunset in Oct is around 6pm..