moniwoni

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

@ AcutieRN... Thank you! I just want to get as much done as possible so that I won't have that much stress piled on me the closer I get to my wedding date. I'm in search for some ivory ballet slippers for my daughters and I to wear as we walk down the ceremonial aisle on the beach, any suggestions? Would someone tell me what are OOT bags... I've assummed, they are gift bags for guests but I wanna know exactly what they are.

Hello ladies!

So, I must admit... I guess I was a bit naive.  I thought in booking a destination wedding that all would be taken care of and as far as planning on my end there was no such of a need.  I am getting married Oct 6th this year at 3pm in the afternoon at Now Larimar, after reading this I have learned I am WAY off in my thinking.  Any advice from brides that have already had their wedding and/or is upcoming?  I have spoken with Christina a few times, just like everyone else I have not heard from her since paying the deposit.  HELP!

Any assistance, suggestions, pictures, etc. would be GREAT!!! 

Thanks!!! :)

Hello ladies!

So, I must admit... I guess I was a bit naive.  I thought in booking a destination wedding that all would be taken care of and as far as planning on my end there was no such of a need.  I am getting married Oct 6th this year at 3pm in the afternoon at Now Larimar, after reading this I have learned I am WAY off in my thinking.  Any advice from brides that have already had their wedding and/or is upcoming?  I have spoken with Christina a few times, just like everyone else I have not heard from her since paying the deposit.

Any assistance, suggestions, pictures, etc. would be GREAT!!! 

Thanks!!! :)

Hi Lmb28!
You definitely CAN just show up and let the resort take care of it all, but if you are at all picky about certain details then you'll probably want to get involved in the process :)

Sarahgn4t, your wedding was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

I was sold on having a beach wedding and have now reconsidered relocating to the fountain!  Quick question, who is the designer of your bridesmaid dresses?  They were fabulous!

THANKS!!! :)

I have a question for the brides.  Because Destination Weddings are much more cheaper (Or so we think)... What was everyone's budget going in in planning a destination wedding?  Have you seen that you will be spending more or less?  I'm getting married in July and have a set budget, but afraid that I may go over with the many specific details I want.

@Vizionme101 I've always wanted to have a destination wedding because I thought it was less hassle, stress, and least expensive...so far I'm wrong! It is very stressful bc you aren't actually there making decisions, everything is being planned via email or phone and not to mention the increase in price for the decor and other extras are outrageous. I do know that I'm spending more than I thought I would but I figure I'm still doing better than I would if I were having a traditional wedding at home. Honestly its all in what you make it. You don't have that much longer! Are you exited???

I couldn't have agreed with you more @Prettyfinebrown.  It has definitely become very stressful.  But from previous brides, they have assured, once you arrive, everything will fall into place. (Fingers crossed)

Yes - I'm very excited. Waiting for the day to come and go so I can be stressed free.  Like a lot of the brides, I'm also DIY... The prices the resort has for some of the things are outrageous. ($5 for a napkin).  They must be crazy.  It helps that I'm a travel agent and knows the ins and outs... My suitcases will definitely be filled to the brim of my own things that I'm bringing...

@Vizionme101 Who did you choose for your photographer/videogtrapher/dj? My fiance and I both will have our carry on bags filled with decor, I'm also going to put some things in my seven year old daughters bag just incase I need more space. I just purchased my bridesmaids coral calla lillies yesterday, they are so pretty! They are made from latex...looks real! I have to cut the stem a little and add some pretty ribbon. I'll post the end result once I get them done. I'm thinking I'm gonna do the flower girl baskets for my daughters..may even get them to help me!

@Prettyfinebrown - I haven't decided on the photographer/videographer or DJ as of yet.  I'm trying to bring my own from home.  Or I may just go with the one's they recommend.  I don't want to pay an extra $150 fee per vendor just for bringing them on property. I don't think it's worth it.  Especially since I'm coming back home to do a huge reception for our families that are unable to attend. As of now, I have 45 people that will be in attendence.  My cousin is a Party Planner / designer so she will be helping me with a lot of things.