"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post

DJ Mannia just got back to me and said that they have a DJ who also does MC, so i guess im ok now!

@JB:how was the mc at the resort, as far as the language?

Good! I was very surprised! He also took the time to ask how everyone's name in our party is pronounced before he did the introduction, also a nice surprise :)

@NowBride2013 - Our party will be arriving Jan 22 and leaving Jan 29 ... Then my FI and I will be heading to New Zealand (where he's from) for a few weeks...  We will definitely see you there!! We may be the rowdy ones... I apologize in advance!

OK, so just so I get this straight...  The resort DJ and equipment ended up costing $1100 for 4 hours (@jbmarch2012)

And DJ Mannia is going to be $1100 for 4 hours with one DJ - including his vendor fee (@Skygirl)

EEK - (I say this a lot!!)  Thought this destination thing was meant to be CHEAPER!! haha

I may just pay for the equipment and get a friend to do the announcing of things...  Already asked her to organize music...  

Ekk that does add up....

$400 sounds a lot better.... renting the equipment is the less expensive option. I could use that other 700+ on other items...

Good idea Donna, normally weddings where I come from it is a friend or family member who is the MC anyhow.. and I was planning to ask my aunt to do that stuff.

It is very easy to make a play list on the laptop or ipod and let it run.. hit pause when she announces the first few dances :-)

This site is helping me so much to try and plan this wedding and figure out just how much it is all going to cost!

Here are the DJ packages that Mercy sent me, so you can choose your package according to your budget:

MUSIC & AUDIOVISUALS (3 HOURS)

Sound System …………………. US$350

(2 Speakers, Wireless Microphone, Console, IPod or Laptop Connection)

DJ Services A …………………… US$540 + 16% taxes

(Equipments, DJ Services, Vive 2.1 light, swarm, Hydro, flash tomic)

DJ Services B ……………………. US$640 + 16% taxes

(Equipments, Dj Services, 10 Led Lights, Vive 2.1, Swarm, Hydro, Flash tomic, Smoke Machine)

DJ Services C ……………………...US$740 + 16% taxes

(Equipments, 2 Speakers, Dj Services, Robotic lights, 10 Led lights, Vive 2.1, swarm, Hydro, Flash tomic)

DJ Services D ……………………. US$840 + 16% taxes

(Equipments, DJ Services, 4 Speakers,10 led lights, vive 2.1, swarm, hydro, flash tomic, smoke machine, laser)

Dj Services E ……………………… US$940 + 16% taxes

(Dj, Emcee, Lighting, Microphone, Speakers)

Emcee …………………………….… US$150 + 16% taxes

(MC- Master of Ceremony)

Extra hour

DJ ………………………..……… US$200

DJ+MC ………………………… US$300

Projector & Screen ……… US$250

Honestly, I would be completely LOST without this website!!  It seems that we are all able to get a few tidbits from here and there and then can share on here...  SOOO, that being said I just (finally) got an email from the WC Silvia ... And its funny  - because the questions I asked 3 weeks ago are not the questions on my mind now!  But... Thought I'd share in case any of you had the same questions...

The centre piece for the sweetheart table for the reception CAN be used at the ceremony - But she warned me that they are fragile and and moving them can cause damage...

Floating paper lanterns are permitted - But only depending on the wind

Round tables are included in the package, but can be replaced with rectangular ones for the wedding party.

Chinese lanterns are permitted, but that I should be advised that they have no tools (?) to hang them overhead...

That last one got me a bit - She suggested hooks, like the ones along the aisle in the ceremony...  Not sure she understand the look I was going for...  I thought Castaways looked like a PERFECT spot for hanging chinese lanterns....  Can anyone confirm this before I buy 100 lanterns??  Already have my bridesmaids on the Pomander making!  haha

Hey Donna,

I though Castaways was no longer an option for the reception location? I asked this question to Mercy more than once to see if we could use it in January since its off-season but she said no... Now all the restaurants have a $5,000 fee if you want to reserve them!!

"Can I use Castaways for my reception since the hotel is not as busy in January? Unfortunately Castaways restaurant is no longer available for private events, even when we are in low season. The cost to have one of our restaurant as private location is US$5,000.00 (until midnight)."

"For my January 2013 wedding, we are expecting around 50 guests, what are the reception options? For a private wedding reception, by now we can offer you the beach, our relaxing pool, Eclipse night club (open for private events until 9:00 p.m.), Carnival Terrace, or one of our ballrooms."

HI @ Skygirl, I did the same thing you did with emailing Juana.  I got an email from Francina that said, I've received yoru email and will get back to you within the week to help finalize your wedding.  That was 2 weeks ago.  I'm getting married in 30 days and I'm so nervous and scared that NOW is going to be unorganized.