"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

Sarah, the planning is almost complete and we're leaving on Sunday Yay! I have not been in touch with Innovart, since we're bringing our own centerpieces, table runners and chair sashes, the rest I'm not worried about. 

We're staying at Now for 3 days after the wedding and then coming back home. I'm wanting to change our flights and move else where but still debating on the resort, so if any of you ladies have recommendations on honeymoon resorts - I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

Question? What other events have you planned for your guests? I'm currently trying to get back into planning mode and want to find other events for them since I've heard that it gets a bit boring at night if you don't want to get involved in the activities.

Besides that have a WONDERFUL WEDDING!!!! May everything go off without a hitch. Can't wait to see the pics.

All the best!! 

Originally Posted by Katusha View Post

Sarah, the planning is almost complete and we're leaving on Sunday Yay! I have not been in touch with Innovart, since we're bringing our own centerpieces, table runners and chair sashes, the rest I'm not worried about. 

We're staying at Now for 3 days after the wedding and then coming back home. I'm wanting to change our flights and move else where but still debating on the resort, so if any of you ladies have recommendations on honeymoon resorts - I'm all ears.

• 2 weeks later...

My dear fellow brides! I must tell you that our wedding @ Now Larimar was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! The resort is beautiful, the ocean is magnificent, the staff is so eager to please and despite all the concerns the food is good.

Ladies if you have any questions, please ask me. I know how frustrating it gets to plan your wedding from so far away. No matter what, do not stress!!! Enjoy the most precious time of your life, which is the wedding planning, the time with your family and friend and ta-da... the wedding. Nothing can go wrong in the paradise surrounding by the ones you love the most. That is how it was with us ;) Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. Oh, and get the best photographer to film it, of course :) Ours was Milan, from HDC - amazing that is all.

Ask me anything, really.

Cheers! 

This is soooooo appreciated katusha! I've been waiting for you and Moni to come on back and write lengthy reviews. I'm slowly approaching panic mode now that I'm less than 80 days away. If you're comfortable can you let us all know:

1) how you got the decorations sorted? Did you bring your own? Or work with Innovart? And if so, was it handled before or while you were there? 

2) where did you decide to have your reception? I'm having the same amount as you and though I've decided on doing the reception on the beach, I'm now thinking that having it at a restaurant where everyone can order what they'd like may be better. 

3) did you do anything different like sky floating lanterns? and was it allowed. Did you hire the DJ or use your iPod? 

4) and, if you did OTT bags - what did you put in them? What were used versus passed on? 

5) did you or your guests leave the resort to do anything extra? interesting bars? clubs? 

6) and how late is everything open at the resort?

As you can see, I can go on but will leave it there. Every and anything else you want to tell us, please add it on. Oh, and pictures - if you'd like to share. 

My dear fellow brides! I must tell you that our wedding @ Now Larimar was absolutely gorgeous and perfect! The resort is beautiful, the ocean is magnificent, the staff is so eager to please and despite all the concerns the food is good.

Ladies if you have any questions, please ask me. I know how frustrating it gets to plan your wedding from so far away. No matter what, do not stress!!! Enjoy the most precious time of your life, which is the wedding planning, the time with your family and friend and ta-da... the wedding. Nothing can go wrong in the paradise surrounding by the ones you love the most. That is how it was with us ;) Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride. Oh, and get the best photographer to film it, of course :) Ours was Milan, from HDC - amazing that is all.

Ask me anything, really.

Cheers! 

Vav, I would post a little more info (my review) in few days, can't seem to catch up on things since we've been back. But here are some answers/suggestions for you:

1. We brought our own decorations for everything. Table runners, chair sashes, MIL found plastic vases (very light and beautiful), diamond confetti, cake topper, favor bags, sand ceremony set, water expanding beads (for the centerpieces), some seashells etc. Most of it, I bought on ebay. In the end it was all worth it, I had the most beautiful wedding tables, I'll try to attach the picture. So, if u want to save $$ - DIY cheesy.gif

2. I had my reception at Castaways, but few days before the wedding I was trying to change it. I would not advise on the beach location at all believe me, it is soooo windy every evening/night, that u'd regret it. Castaways was perfect, but the only reason why is because it was a lot less windy on my wedding. We simply were blessed with great weather. The reason I was trying to change the location, it's because I saw a wedding on the first night of our stay... poor bride, it rained on them during the ceremony (I'm talking heavy tropical storm rain), and then the night was so windy, that Castaways was full of sand blown from the beach. Up to you, but it was a major stressor for me.

3. My daddy brought big beautiful sky lanterns for us to use, but... long story short it didn't work. The only place you're allowed to use them is on the beach. Well, it's impossible due to the wind. Our DJ caught on fire trying to help us to light them (he was fine after all, but it could have been one of the kids!). We took them home with us, and planning on releasing it on Christmas night. 

Divine package includes Dj for 2hrs, which is what we used his services for. We played our Ipod while we were eating and them he did his part. He was okay, not too bad for the DR. We were so happy that day, we danced to whatever was playing anyways.

4. My OOT bags were a hit. Everyone loved the bags itself. I had Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30, Aloe Vera gel, ring pop candy, hand sanitizers, tissues, gum, custom water labeled bottles, wet wipes, mints with our names on it, swirl candy with our monogram too... I'm sure I'm missing something, but the best part was "who is who" brochure we made. With everyone's picture and short description of who they are. Also, we had the welcome letters with our room number and the itinerary (some ppl still managed to forget to attend one of our events). I say, whatever you put in ur bags will be a hit. Nobody expected it, so it worked great.

5. The day after the wedding we rented La Barcaza from 10-30am to 2pm. It was the best decision I've made. Totally worth it. I loved doing it after the wedding, cause I was not worried ppl drinking too much and getting sick before the big day. The food on the boat was fantastic, the music, the scenery... everything went perfect. Worth every penny.

6. There're shows at the plaza every night, starting around 9. Some night they have live music on the beach or the lobby bar. The club opens at 10pm and goes on until 2am. It is sooo hot up there in the club that we could not dance for more that 30min without leaving the building. Still a great time, we always found things to do around the resort. The hardest thing was to get everyone together, some days I felt like a day care teacher LOL

Overall, beautiful place. Oh, most of our guests had diarrhea (sorry for details), but it has nothing to do with bad food. Too much eating, plus drinking, plus the change of cuisine will do it to u :)

One very important thing I forgot to mention... the wooded walkway in the fountain area belongs to Innovart and cost $1500 !!!!!!!!! Yep, I said screw u and walked down the isle from the left side of the fountain, and it was just as beautiful. It was my biggest disappointment when Claribel told me the news, but it all worked out great.

Let me know if u have more Q.

I totally understand and THANKS so much for this! I've been trying to get a price list from Innovart for weeks now and have yet to hear back. And I'm annoyed that you aren't told that you have to rent the platform to walk across the fountain. $1500 is worth mentioning - earlier on than when brides get there. 

I'm sorry that the weather didn't cooperate. But it is also dependent on the time of year. I've been to DR in winter and summer, it is far windier in the cold months but as we get closer to spring and summer, it won't be so much. Since my wedding isn't until late Feb, I think I'm going to hold out and have the reception on the beach with the sky lanterns. I'm thrilled to know that they are allowed! I've been thinking about DIYing quite a bit of stuff, so the cost of rentals from Innovart will be far lower. 

Once fully rested, can you forward me contact info for the DJ, if you have it? I contacted DJ Mannia and I'd rather stick to the hotel DJ, if it will be far cheaper. That and I'm having problems getting any response from Claribel again.

Oh, and thanks for the OTT heads up. I've scratched off mugs and a few other things but my bags will be filled with similar items. Looking forward to that! Thanks again!! Looking forward to more pictures.  

Vav, I would post a little more info (my review) in few days, can't seem to catch up on things since we've been back. But here are some answers/suggestions for you:

1. We brought our own decorations for everything. Table runners, chair sashes, MIL found plastic vases (very light and beautiful), diamond confetti, cake topper, favor bags, sand ceremony set, water expanding beads (for the centerpieces), some seashells etc. Most of it, I bought on ebay. In the end it was all worth it, I had the most beautiful wedding tables, I'll try to attach the picture. So, if u want to save $$ - DIY cheesy.gif

2. I had my reception at Castaways, but few days before the wedding I was trying to change it. I would not advise on the beach location at all believe me, it is soooo windy every evening/night, that u'd regret it. Castaways was perfect, but the only reason why is because it was a lot less windy on my wedding. We simply were blessed with great weather. The reason I was trying to change the location, it's because I saw a wedding on the first night of our stay... poor bride, it rained on them during the ceremony (I'm talking heavy tropical storm rain), and then the night was so windy, that Castaways was full of sand blown from the beach. Up to you, but it was a major stressor for me.

3. My daddy brought big beautiful sky lanterns for us to use, but... long story short it didn't work. The only place you're allowed to use them is on the beach. Well, it's impossible due to the wind. Our DJ caught on fire trying to help us to light them (he was fine after all, but it could have been one of the kids!). We took them home with us, and planning on releasing it on Christmas night. 

Divine package includes Dj for 2hrs, which is what we used his services for. We played our Ipod while we were eating and them he did his part. He was okay, not too bad for the DR. We were so happy that day, we danced to whatever was playing anyways.

4. My OOT bags were a hit. Everyone loved the bags itself. I had Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30, Aloe Vera gel, ring pop candy, hand sanitizers, tissues, gum, custom water labeled bottles, wet wipes, mints with our names on it, swirl candy with our monogram too... I'm sure I'm missing something, but the best part was "who is who" brochure we made. With everyone's picture and short description of who they are. Also, we had the welcome letters with our room number and the itinerary (some ppl still managed to forget to attend one of our events). I say, whatever you put in ur bags will be a hit. Nobody expected it, so it worked great.

5. The day after the wedding we rented La Barcaza from 10-30am to 2pm. It was the best decision I've made. Totally worth it. I loved doing it after the wedding, cause I was not worried ppl drinking too much and getting sick before the big day. The food on the boat was fantastic, the music, the scenery... everything went perfect. Worth every penny.

6. There're shows at the plaza every night, starting around 9. Some night they have live music on the beach or the lobby bar. The club opens at 10pm and goes on until 2am. It is sooo hot up there in the club that we could not dance for more that 30min without leaving the building. Still a great time, we always found things to do around the resort. The hardest thing was to get everyone together, some days I felt like a day care teacher LOL

Overall, beautiful place. Oh, most of our guests had diarrhea (sorry for details), but it has nothing to do with bad food. Too much eating, plus drinking, plus the change of cuisine will do it to u :)

One very important thing I forgot to mention... the wooded walkway in the fountain area belongs to Innovart and cost $1500 !!!!!!!!! Yep, I said screw u and walked down the isle from the left side of the fountain, and it was just as beautiful. It was my biggest disappointment when Claribel told me the news, but it all worked out great.

Let me know if u have more Q.