"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

Oh I am sooooo excited!  I can finally post again!  Woo Hooo~!

Sarah - I am extremely curious to see what a wedding set up at Castaways looks like on the inside; not just the outside... I have seen a picture of the area they set up for dancing and when they have a reception actually on the beach outside of Castaways but not one under their roof... I would be curious to know if they bring in tables larger than the size they have that only fit 4.

How exciting that you get to go to the Resort!!

Originally Posted by sarahgn4t View Post

Ladies only a few more days until I leave for Punta Cana!!!  I want to have a list of questions and pictures to take when I get there so if there is anything you need more information on please let me know!!  I will try my best to get all your questions answered and pictures taken!!!    sarahgn4t@att.net

Vav and JB how in the heck did you get those rates??????  Vav you are traveling at the same time as me and I think mine are higher.  I am going to have to go back and double check my pricing!!  We are leaving Wednesday morning and staying till Saturday.  I have asked to see a wedding a few times but haven't really gotten much of a response back. Claribel did say she would meet up with me when we arrived so I am excited about that!!

Yay Sarah! I'm so excited you get to go before all of us have our weddings there. I don't thing anyone post a picture of the poolside reception yet. Also, like TJ mentioned above, I'm wondering about Castaways and the whole set-up. Another thing I'm not sure about is the wedding decor. I'm bringing a lot of stuff with us, but if you can ask them what they actually provide besides the one floral centerpiece mentioned in the Divine package. 

Good luck and have an amazing time! 

Ladies, i just went throught the whole post, You guys are awesomw with all your creative ides, tips. Anyhow i was on the verge to book Ocean Blue for oct 2012. But then my aunt brought a good point up, that OB does not have palapas (not sure if im saying it right)on the beech or umbrella's. I have stayed at Iberostar and they had it, but Riu didnt, i i hate it, it was so sunny, i felt like a pig roast laying on the beach. I guess i can overlook this(u cant have it all)but we will have a lot of little kids.So anyhow, im looking at Larimar now. I got the prices from TA for Oct 6-13 2012 Larimar: $630 with tax/transfer and Ocean Blue $553. I just got an email from WC from Larimar with the packages. Im a little confused, so for example if i want to do Eternity or Divine package, it covers 25ppl. Then i have to pay for a dinner reception $459 or $590(depends what package i pick)  +tax and then on top if i have more then 25ppl $26 pp?So confusing ....tnx

Also i know the package comes with thir photographer and 24 total pic, so they only give you 24 photos, and you pay for the rest of pictures?because i dont think they let you change and substitute packages. I was hoping to use outside photographer..

Hi Skygirl! If you choose the eternity or divine package you would not have to pay the reception fee, you do have to pay the per person price over the 25 guests though but that covers dinner and drinks. Unfortunately you would have to pay for the photos over the 24 or whatever it is that's included on the package you choose but they do have upgrade packages for the photos that might save you some money instead of doing a per photo fee. You can also opt to have an outside photographer you just have to pay a vendor fee to bring them in. I believe some of the ladies here who would be choosing to bring in an outside photographer and choosing a package with photog included are just going to schedule the resort photog for some other photo opportunity, maybe a trash the dress or if you're having a welcome dinner you can have it then. Just to give you an idea :)

Hope that helps you a bit!

JB

Skygirl, I would suggest to email the wedding coordinator at the resort and ask her for some pictures. I think some of us have chosen Castaways for the reception, it looks very pretty and located by the beach. You can see the pic of it on the map of the resort (thanx, Acutie :)

As for the decor, a lot of us here are doing our own and bringing it to the resort. My wedding package provides only one centerpiece and each additional one is $$$, so the more ppl you have at your wedding the costlier it gets.

Good luck with your search, hope you'll join us soon :)