"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

JB - I don't really care where the TA is from as long as we can talk on the phone or email.  And that they are willing to help my guests with booking and answer my questions!  LOL...I have tons of questions!

Thanks for the TA recommendations JB and deesanders.  Have you booked your room already?  I am thinking about the Master Suite.  Do you think prices will go down?  I am not sure if I should wait or book now?!

I love all of the items that you all have made yourself, I am not very crafty though!

Christi,

We are finalizing our contract, but should be booking soon. The wedding package we chose includes a free room upgrade, as well as our group contract. That's something you should consider before you book the Master... it ofcourse depends on availability so if money isn't an issue and you're set on getting that category Idon't see why you shouldn't. I don't think you would have to wait too long as far as booking, you're within a year so air rates should also be out soon for you. I would also recommend buying the insurance with your travel, that guarantees also the best rate, so if you book now and the rate goes down in the future you can get the better rate :)

Hope that helped!

Is the Master suite the ocean front room?? That is what I want for us!!! I want to walk out to the sand doesn't look like they have many of those rooms! :)
No I haven't booked our rooms because we are getting married August of 2012 so I am waiting for the rates to drop but seems like the girls that that getting married in April and May are getting really reasonable rate from their TA..

JB this might seems like a dumb question but what is this clear starfish you keep talking about??

deesanders, it's not a dumb question at all! haha... there are a couple of brides on the forum that started a traveling starfish (it's bouquet jewelry). they look like this in different colors http://www.bouquetjewels.com/PhotoGallery.asp?ProductCode=Starfish. I think there's a blue out there, not sure about what other colors. i guess the idea is the starfish becomes your "something borrowed", i thought it was a cute idea and wanted to be part of it since this forum has helped me through so much of my planning already and i'm still 11 months out!

that's the traveling stafish :)

JB:Thank you so much for getting those bags! I appreciate it more than you know. You are the best! I don't know what I would do without you girls.  Your check is in the mail!  Thanks for the info on the clear starfish. I will check out that thread next.  Hopefully I can get in on it!

DeeSanders:I know those true ocean view rooms are hard to come by!  We had to upgrade from tropical view to pool view to be able to receive the free upgrade. It does not cover the ocean front rooms, just the ocean view rooms.  I think we are going to try to upgrade from that to the oceanfront too. I will let you know if I get any info on price.  Right now all I want is a contract!!!!

I have had not time to work on DIY projects this weekend, we are geting our yardwork done for our big party in two weeks. I think it will be a trial run for our AHR, which we will also do in our backyard with the lake right there! We still need to pick a date.  Are you ladies doing at home receptions?