"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

JBMarch: I didn't know that, that is the only reason I liked the Divine package... so I guess I will be going with the cheaper package then. :( That sucks actually!!!

Wedding date is going to be August 11, 2012 and I just got room rates for 2 people on the land part is 961... WHAT??? That is soooo cheap!

I thought you just had to send your drivers license, not your passport.. Maybe I am wrong??

Welcome Casslexy, I just sent the info over to you that I have!

Deesanders33,

For how many nights was that quote for? AND where did you get that from?!? SHARE please!!! haha. I thought it was just the ID also, let me know if I'm wrong... Don't you think it would be cool to have a violinist play for he procession? I was actually excited about that! I guess to each it's own, but I also heard good thing about DJ Mania and was planning to hire me the whole time so I feel like I didn't loose anything from the package.

Casslexy,

Welcome to the forum! I should post all our dates so I can keep everyone's straightened out! I'm starting to get confused, but love that more brides are joining us =)

You girls are right, I meant driver's license not passport.  Still nervous about that info floating around!

DeSanders,Yes, please share! I want know how you got that price for two people? How many nights is that for?I want that!!!! I am being quoted around 1500 per couple for 6 nights! That is a huge difference. You are a lucky girl if you can lock that in!

Casslexy, welcome! This is a great thread. Lots of good info every day.  Is that price you are getting including air? It seems like since you have to package air and land in Canada you get great deals.  Even if that is just land that is awesome for 7 nights. I don't have any pics yet of specific package details. I have found it helpful to look on the NOW mexico threads, they seem to have more pics since its been around a bit longer.  JB also has some great info and has been an awesome resource for me! Did you have to put down a deposit for them to hold your date?

Hey girls! I got that price from destinationweddings.com. We are also going in August, which is considered hurricane season so maybe that is why it is so cheap. I about feel out of my chair when I saw the quote. That is only for LAND for seven nights, the airfaire won't be posted till August, Septemeber or October. They don't know yet. I am hoping I book as soon as they are available so I can get them as cheap as possible :)

deesanders that is a great price for a whole week.  Im getting $89 for trop view and $99 for partial ocean pp/night....I asked my TA if we could do better but overall I think it's a good price=)

How expensive is it to work with destinationweddings.com?(just out of curiosity) I was originally going to use them...

How much of a deposit are you ladies putting down to block rooms?  My rooms are blocked and I have a week to put the $ down.  There drawing the wedding contract up now and once I see my date and time confirmed were READY to book!!!!   

Yea that price is for the basic room so I am sure we will be doing upgrades!

It cost 50 to start with them but that price ends up going towards your trip. I am in the process of switching TA within destinationweddings.com because my first one didn't help me what-so-ever. I have done all of my own research. Thanks to this forum I found a couple different people that I would love to work with so today I should be getting a new person. I will let you know how it goes!

As for Photophil, I thought I had info but I guess not, I know I wrote him inquiry about using him.

I wish there was a way destinationweddings can give me a quote, it looks like you have to pay them the $50 before they can give you any info... AcutieRn if you decide to go with them to see what you'll be quoted, let me know!

Moniwoni, what wedding package did you go with? Share your details if you have them set! Oh and did you get pricing on some of the stuff on the "extras" document that they left without a price?

Keep sharing updates ladies cheesy.gif.

Hi!Good morning!

JB, I think I am going to stick with the TA I have here in Denver.  She seems to be doing a good job and she doesn't require any money down to start searching for info for me.  I still seem to be doing a lot of the leg work on my own, but that sounds like it is normal.  I think they tend to help you more after you book when your guests start having a million questions.She is working on getting me every sixth room free, apparently that promotion ends 12/11.She said she may still have good luck with getting it anyway.  I emailed your TA, she said she is unable to help me because I have a group going? Very strange....

Photophil, check him out on facebook.  There is a ton of his work on the Magestic Colonial/elegance page.  He also has a huge sampling on his own webpage which is www.steingardstudios.com.  His direct phone in the office is 18888649832. He is gone a lot but has a secretary that answers questions. If he is already in Punta Cana the week of your wedding he charges $2600.  This includes a full 12 hour day of wedding shoot, trash the dress on a separate day and all retouched photos on a cd.  He says it is usually around 2000 pics. He seems really cool and all of the work I have seen on him is great.  There are also several great reviews in the theads here, check them out.  Hope this helps!

AcutieRn,

That is strange that she said that, since she's doing my group. hmmm... now I'm worried. Oh and that 6th room promo, if you look on the Now website and click on the terms and condition of that promo you'll find that the promo is running for travels made from now to April 2013. So it's not ending anytime soon, unless I'm reading the whole thing wrong. So what group rate did you end up with? the resort sent me $119 pp/pn might be the best at this point for our month...