"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

JB:

Thanks for the info! I will look it up on facebook for sure, hadn't even thought about that.

We are hoping for an April 17 or 18th wedding so we may be there at the same time! That would be crazy! We are very flexible so this may change at any time depending on prices and availability of resort.  We want an late in the day wedding so it all depends on that.  What time are you guys going with?  I heard the other Now resorts only do 2 weddings a day, any idea if this is true? I love the idea of more intimate but it makes me nervous our week will be full before I even hear back from someone, ha ha!

Have you started looking for a dress? Are you going with an outside photog? We really want Phil Steingard but haven't heard back from him either.  To be honest, I am planning my day around when he can do my pics! His work is amazing and pictures are the most important to me.  I hope to hear from him soon.Well, I better get back to work, will check back later.

Omg it would be awesome if we actually meet there! We are also looking to have the wedding ceremony be held around 4-430. I want a beach ceremony so I want to avoid it being too hot! lol. probably impossible, wee would be in a tropical island! ha! By the way just in case you are planning to have all the legal stuff done there (marriage be legal)--- I'm pretty sure that you can only have your ceremony be done in the morning, depending on the judge/ minister's availability.  I'm not 100% on that, it's just what I've seen on the forum. We're only doing a symbolic ceremony and hiring Pastor York, we really didn't like the idea of a spanish-tranlated-to-english ceremony. I thought it would take away from "the moment". So we will (shhh) wed here and make it official to friends and family there. And it saves us about $700 from the fees that comes with all the legal stuff. Even as NH Real they only do 2 weddings, which is what I really looked for anyway, I didn't want to have to compete for attention with other brides! And they will be keeping that rule, yay!

I did order a dress, looking forward to it next month it should come in. As for photographer, I'm not set with that yet. I'm actually considering just going whomever the resort provides, ofcourse I would want to see sample work but I'm flexible as far as photogs.

Well happy planning to you and anything you can share would be appreaciated =)

jb

Originally Posted by AcutieRN View Post

JB:

Thanks for the info! I will look it up on facebook for sure, hadn't even thought about that.

We are hoping for an April 17 or 18th wedding so we may be there at the same time! That would be crazy! We are very flexible so this may change at any time depending on prices and availability of resort.  We want an late in the day wedding so it all depends on that.  What time are you guys going with?  I heard the other Now resorts only do 2 weddings a day, any idea if this is true? I love the idea of more intimate but it makes me nervous our week will be full before I even hear back from someone, ha ha!

Have you started looking for a dress? Are you going with an outside photog? We really want Phil Steingard but haven't heard back from him either.  To be honest, I am planning my day around when he can do my pics! His work is amazing and pictures are the most important to me.  I hope to hear from him soon.Well, I better get back to work, will check back later.

Hey girls!

JB, I think we are getting married at home first too.We also aren't going to tell anyone!  It saves a bunch of money and we really didn't want our ceremony in the morning or done in Spanish with a translator.  We are hoping to use Pastor York too.  How are things going with your TA?Have you locked in prices? I am starting to think I am going to deal directly with the resort.  My TA advised me to wait until late May to book a date for April 2012.I think this just may be laziness on her part! I don't want to wait for two reasons. One is if they only have two weddings a day I want to make sure Im in the mix for the week we are planning and the time we want.  Also, I received an email from PhotoPhil, who I am set on for photography. I will book around his schedule ha, ha!  He said he will be down there for two other weddings that week! That means between weddings and TTD shoots he is starting to be low on time already.  I also hope to get a better deal from the resort. My TA is quoting $160 per person per night for the cheapest room, but didn't you get a $116 deal? Let me know what you have heard about pricing and I am going to attempt yet again to deal with the resort directly.  Until now I have heard a big zero from them!

MoniWoni,thanks so much for sending the info.  I got it today and it was helpful! Did you book with a TA?

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend, talk to you guys soon.

Hi!

You're right, I definitely wouldn't wait that long! I'm close to booking, just ironing out details with the promo (every 6th room free) since they can't "officially" offer me it. But she's supposed to meet with the Now Larimar's manager (I think) to see if she can get this on a contract before the switch. $160 is a lot, I did get $116. So be sure to let your TA know, I'm not sure if she price matches, but that can help if she does. I'm actually still fighting to get their introductory price, so I'll keep you posted on that!

Hope everything works out for you! And let me know if you get a hold of anyone from Now. I'm still impatiently waiting for a response! haha.

Have a good weekend,

JB

Originally Posted by AcutieRN View Post

Hey girls!

JB, I think we are getting married at home first too.We also aren't going to tell anyone!  It saves a bunch of money and we really didn't want our ceremony in the morning or done in Spanish with a translator.  We are hoping to use Pastor York too.  How are things going with your TA?Have you locked in prices? I am starting to think I am going to deal directly with the resort.  My TA advised me to wait until late May to book a date for April 2012.I think this just may be laziness on her part! I don't want to wait for two reasons. One is if they only have two weddings a day I want to make sure Im in the mix for the week we are planning and the time we want.  Also, I received an email from PhotoPhil, who I am set on for photography. I will book around his schedule ha, ha!  He said he will be down there for two other weddings that week! That means between weddings and TTD shoots he is starting to be low on time already.  I also hope to get a better deal from the resort. My TA is quoting $160 per person per night for the cheapest room, but didn't you get a $116 deal? Let me know what you have heard about pricing and I am going to attempt yet again to deal with the resort directly.  Until now I have heard a big zero from them!

MoniWoni,thanks so much for sending the info.  I got it today and it was helpful! Did you book with a TA?

Hope everyone has fun plans for the weekend, talk to you guys soon.

Ok, keep me posted. Maybe I should just use your TA? I am pretty far away, but if she has a 1 800 number it may work.  I have asked my TA to get me a better price, but she said she would get back to me mid May! I am a planner so am getting anxious, ha ha. I will be so relaxed once I book the resort and the date.  This whole change in ownership has thrown me off. Although I think it will end up being much better as a NOW property. Let me know if you think your TA would work with people out of area.  I will have people coming from midwest and west coast.  Denver, Kansas City, Tulsa and Chicago.  Thanks so much. This planning is so much fun, even if its a bit nervewracking and addicting! I am on this web site way too much. My FI is about to kill me!

acutieRN,

If you shoot me your e-mail I can send her info, she does have an 800 number you can call and she wouldn't mind working with someone out of the area, I already referred another bride from here that's not from my area. As long as you would be ok with it. Oh and the rate I got is a group rate, and you have to atleast book 10 rooms to get that rate, it's from $116-$125 depending on the room category. I'll forward her info so you can get communicate with her directly.

JB

JB,

Just got your email-thanks so much! I will email her tonight! I really  appreciate it.  Sounds like she has done a really good job for you.  I am going to give my local girl an email too to give her one more chance to get me some real pricing.  Have a great night!

Hi girls! So glad to find you guys!! would anyone mine sending me all this info about pricing? Some pictures would be great too!! Just PM me and I'll give you my email.   I am looking to have my wedding May 2012. I just can't make a decision on a location or resort.  So worried about the expense on my guests.  I really wanted Bahamas but they seem to lack all -inclusives so now I'm back to Punta Cana. Never been to Punta Cana so this is a big leap of faith! Best of luck to everyone! Happy planning!!!

Hey guys!  I just got pricing from my travel agent for Jan 2012: $275 per couple per day in the deluxe tropical view room (lowest category).

Prices for Feb/March 2012: $315 per couple per day.  

You have to book at least 6 rooms to get this "group" rate.  

The Sixth room would be complimentary, based on the double occupancy rate, with a maximum of 3 complimentary rooms per Group Booking. 1 Free VIP room upgrade per 10 paid rooms. Resort Coupons (applicable with specific sale rate only – Rules of usage will apply) . Complimentary rooms will apply at the same room category for every block of 5 paid rooms.   No where close to the prices for 2011.   Is anyone else getting similar numbers? Thanks!  Melanie