"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

Moniwoni,

Thanks for sending me the info! Are there really items with no pricing on it? Oh and what e-mail are you using to contact the WC? I have been waiting almost 2 weeks now for a response with no luck, have they changed their emails to now?

So exciting your booking soon! Please keep us updated with your planning, any info on the resort would be greatly appreciated!

JB

I actually bought a $5 international calling card and spoke to the wc directly.  She was soooo sweet!  I think she's probably just crazy busy & will get back to you soon.  It's annoying though if she just sent you a email back letting u know she received it would be nice..... Once you speak with her I think you'll feel a lil more at ease.  There's no prices on some things & also some things make NO sense or don't match with the actual packages offered like the number of people & a few other things....Thats why I have to have a sit down with my TA because there is so many things I want to make sure are on my contract before the merger.  I do not want too many surprises once we get there.

I agree, it would be nice to atleast get an acknowledgment that she will get back to me. I think I will probably do the same thing, call her, when it gets closer to the date. I can't wait for this take over to be done so I can atleast get the wedding packages more in detail!

Thanks again and good luck with the planning,

jb

OMG!!I love your dress!!!! So i happened to find this website when I was researching the NOW resort in Punta Cana. I can't wait to hear how it was for you. I'm getting married in June 2012 btw. I know you've been sending the other ladies the full menu for the packages at the NOW, I was wondering if you could do the same for me please. You might as well just post a link on the website, lol! My email is kayleenb52@yahoo.com. Much appreciated. 

Thanks! Our date is November 12. Seems like forever away, but I'm sure it'll be here before I know it! rolleyes.gif

Kinda wish I had known about the one opening in Punta Cana.. that's originally where we were thinking of getting married, but couldn't find a resort we really loved with good reviews at a decent price. Plus the flights were SO expensive coming from the Midwest! But I'm really happy with the Sapphire. I think the Now resorts in general are just really nice. They have a couple other new ones from what I've seen on the parent company's website -- one in Puerto Vallarta and two in Cap Cana.

Originally Posted by moniwoni View Post

I just sent (JB and AcutieRN ) the list!  It's a little confusing, let me know what you ladies think?  JB thats exactly what happen to me I REALLY liked the Mexico resorts too & then I saw this one opening in Punta Cana and had to jump on it.  Friday were going to meet with our TA and give her a itemized list of everything we would like in our contract & then were ready to block rooms=)  Congrats 82 turtles!!! Sooo exciting & the resort is beautiful.  What date are you tying the knot?

MoniWoni, I didn't get the list! Do you mind sending it again? My email is alechner0355@hotmail.com (that is a zero in front of 3). Your dress is amazing! I really love it.  It will be beautiful.  What kind of things go into a contract with a TA? 

I met with mine yesterday and she didn't seem to have any information I didn't already have.  We are still looking at next April and she is saying the room prices will be around $160-200 per person per night.  This is obviously higher than they are right now.  Are you guys getting the same information on pricing? I just don't know if I should trust a TA or not.  So confusing!  She also said that air would be $600 to 700 even though now it is high and pricing isn't out that far in advance.  That made me feel better....

She did say that the new wedding package info will be the same pricing and options as the Dreams resorts.She said resturant options will be similar to the NOW Jade.(which is amazing!) It is a bit easier to get the Dreams information right now, she said reception menus for a la carte would be identical to theirs.

We are thinking we will wait until May to book our rooms after the switch. I STILL can't get an email or call back from anyone so looks like I have no options anyway.

Is anyone worried about renovations/construction after the takeover?  That is the one negative my TA mentioned.

Good luck with planning! 

As far as I know there aren't going to be any construction or renovations done, maybe a few changes to show Now brand and then changing the names of the restaurants. If you have a facebookpage you can like the Now Larimar page and they have some more info there.

I'm planning a wedding in April 14 2012, what is your date? I'm having issues as well hearing  back from the WC, I think that they are just really busy with the transition coming soon! I can't wait though cheesy.gif. I just want it over with so we can get info that are more accurate.

Originally Posted by AcutieRN View Post

MoniWoni, I didn't get the list! Do you mind sending it again? My email is alechner0355@hotmail.com (that is a zero in front of 3). Your dress is amazing! I really love it.  It will be beautiful.  What kind of things go into a contract with a TA? 

I met with mine yesterday and she didn't seem to have any information I didn't already have.  We are still looking at next April and she is saying the room prices will be around $160-200 per person per night.  This is obviously higher than they are right now.  Are you guys getting the same information on pricing? I just don't know if I should trust a TA or not.  So confusing!  She also said that air would be $600 to 700 even though now it is high and pricing isn't out that far in advance.  That made me feel better....

She did say that the new wedding package info will be the same pricing and options as the Dreams resorts.She said resturant options will be similar to the NOW Jade.(which is amazing!) It is a bit easier to get the Dreams information right now, she said reception menus for a la carte would be identical to theirs.

We are thinking we will wait until May to book our rooms after the switch. I STILL can't get an email or call back from anyone so looks like I have no options anyway.

Is anyone worried about renovations/construction after the takeover?  That is the one negative my TA mentioned.

Good luck with planning!