Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#941 Amybscn

Amybscn
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:11 PM

Hiii everyone i have been reading all the posts and keeping up  and now i have a question lol Sarahgn4t i feel the same as you.... They include the officiant but you still have to pay for it??? They include the d.j. but you still have to pay for all of the equipment?? --- i assumed the dj included the sound equipment but no you still have to rent it for 300$...really?? One of the pdf's i got included a gold dinner but none of the wedding packages even include a gold dinner wtf!!!???!!!

anybody have any explinations?

thanks Amy

#942 Amybscn

Amybscn
    • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:13 PM

ooo Sommer C i am getting married the 18th and i will be there the 15th-22 :) if you dont mind me asking how much are your guests paying??? Amy

#943 Skygirl

Skygirl
      • 512 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

@amybscn, so true they really dont disclose all this extra charge info untill you ask. But who would even think that the dj cost doesnt come with the cost of the equipment set up.  maybe after all its better to hire an outside dj, at the end it will be the same $. I know DJ mannia is $1000-$1200. and thats for 4hrs and includes set up...and  for me this can work out better, because i can have more control as far as communication prior the wedding..

Originally Posted by Amybscn 

Hiii everyone i have been reading all the posts and keeping up  and now i have a question lol Sarahgn4t i feel the same as you.... They include the officiant but you still have to pay for it??? They include the d.j. but you still have to pay for all of the equipment?? --- i assumed the dj included the sound equipment but no you still have to rent it for 300$...really?? One of the pdf's i got included a gold dinner but none of the wedding packages even include a gold dinner wtf!!!???!!!

anybody have any explinations?

thanks Amy

#944 Alana LM

Alana LM
        • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 08:56 AM

Hey Sommer and Amy, our wedding is the 16th and we'll be there from the 12-19!  

Val, I'd love to see that list! I had no idea all the extras involved!!

#945 vav11238

vav11238
          • 166 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

Hopefully you'll all be able to open this file up since it's a pdf and check out the pricing. Figured it be easier than sending to you all one at a time.

But if it doesn't work, let me know. 

Attached Files

#946 Alana LM

Alana LM
            • 56 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

Hey girls, 

I heard from Christina yesterday and she said they are working on a way for the hotel to come up with an alternative for the walkway over the fountain.  They understand how costly it is and they want to make it more accesable.  She doesn't know what yet but they are working on something.  Apparently the real reason for the expense is the insurance risk with it.  Who knew?!

#947 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:08 AM

@Alana, thanks for reporting back to us..hopefully they will come up with something...

#948 TammyWright

TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
                • 11,659 posts
                • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 05 January 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hey Ladies,

We are putting together our webinar schedule for BDW.  These webinars are great because not only can you get YOUR questions answered but also hear answers to questions from other brides that you may not have even though of :)

Webinars are a great way to not only hear directly from the wedding department but see the wedding packages that they offer, ceremony/reception pics, etc.

I try to only limit the webinars to once every 2 weeks so we of course can not do all resorts.

Please vote on which resorts you would like to have webinars on...you can choose more than 1.

Vote for your Resort Webinar HERE

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.

Awards and recognition: 
                Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
                Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
                Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
                sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
                Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#949 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
                • 400 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:01 AM

Hello Ladies!

I'm new to this forum. Trying to narrow it down between Dreams La Romana, and NOW Larimar.

Are there any 2013 brides out there?

Can anyone tell me either 2013 or even 2012 pricing for guests? I'm trying to get an idea of what guests might be paying from Ontario and Alberta, Canada for a 7 night stay with airfare. We are hoping to have our wedding late March or early April 2013.

Thanks, and congrats to all of you on your upcoming (or past) weddings!!

Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

49 Guests booked, and counting...

#950 Mayrose

Mayrose
                  • 20 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:16 PM

Hi Dominican Ally

Congratulations!!!! 

Punta Cana is gorgeous, i was there a few years ago, about 3 years, and I loved it. I loved it so much that I change my wedding location from Puerto Plata to Punta Cana. I never been to La Romana but I have heard wonderful things. I am not sure if you been to DR but if you haven't my suggestion is to go to both Dreams and Now. Even though I been to Punta Cana I didn't stay in Now or its sister properties. Is hard to decide on a place you never even seen. 

If you go to the hotel website you can get a rough estimate on the room rates.

I don't know about the flight because I am in NY. However I did notice with your dates that it might fall on holy week/Easter Sunday. Flight might be expensive. I think Easter falls on March 31, 2013

Sorry for the long post, hope I was helpful.

Take care

Mayrose

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users