Vav, I would post a little more info (my review) in few days, can't seem to catch up on things since we've been back. But here are some answers/suggestions for you:
1. We brought our own decorations for everything. Table runners, chair sashes, MIL found plastic vases (very light and beautiful), diamond confetti, cake topper, favor bags, sand ceremony set, water expanding beads (for the centerpieces), some seashells etc. Most of it, I bought on ebay. In the end it was all worth it, I had the most beautiful wedding tables, I'll try to attach the picture. So, if u want to save $$ - DIY
2. I had my reception at Castaways, but few days before the wedding I was trying to change it. I would not advise on the beach location at all believe me, it is soooo windy every evening/night, that u'd regret it. Castaways was perfect, but the only reason why is because it was a lot less windy on my wedding. We simply were blessed with great weather. The reason I was trying to change the location, it's because I saw a wedding on the first night of our stay... poor bride, it rained on them during the ceremony (I'm talking heavy tropical storm rain), and then the night was so windy, that Castaways was full of sand blown from the beach. Up to you, but it was a major stressor for me.
3. My daddy brought big beautiful sky lanterns for us to use, but... long story short it didn't work. The only place you're allowed to use them is on the beach. Well, it's impossible due to the wind. Our DJ caught on fire trying to help us to light them (he was fine after all, but it could have been one of the kids!). We took them home with us, and planning on releasing it on Christmas night.
Divine package includes Dj for 2hrs, which is what we used his services for. We played our Ipod while we were eating and them he did his part. He was okay, not too bad for the DR. We were so happy that day, we danced to whatever was playing anyways.
4. My OOT bags were a hit. Everyone loved the bags itself. I had Hawaiian Tropic SPF 30, Aloe Vera gel, ring pop candy, hand sanitizers, tissues, gum, custom water labeled bottles, wet wipes, mints with our names on it, swirl candy with our monogram too... I'm sure I'm missing something, but the best part was "who is who" brochure we made. With everyone's picture and short description of who they are. Also, we had the welcome letters with our room number and the itinerary (some ppl still managed to forget to attend one of our events). I say, whatever you put in ur bags will be a hit. Nobody expected it, so it worked great.
5. The day after the wedding we rented La Barcaza from 10-30am to 2pm. It was the best decision I've made. Totally worth it. I loved doing it after the wedding, cause I was not worried ppl drinking too much and getting sick before the big day. The food on the boat was fantastic, the music, the scenery... everything went perfect. Worth every penny.
6. There're shows at the plaza every night, starting around 9. Some night they have live music on the beach or the lobby bar. The club opens at 10pm and goes on until 2am. It is sooo hot up there in the club that we could not dance for more that 30min without leaving the building. Still a great time, we always found things to do around the resort. The hardest thing was to get everyone together, some days I felt like a day care teacher LOL
Overall, beautiful place. Oh, most of our guests had diarrhea (sorry for details), but it has nothing to do with bad food. Too much eating, plus drinking, plus the change of cuisine will do it to u
One very important thing I forgot to mention... the wooded walkway in the fountain area belongs to Innovart and cost $1500 !!!!!!!!! Yep, I said screw u and walked down the isle from the left side of the fountain, and it was just as beautiful. It was my biggest disappointment when Claribel told me the news, but it all worked out great.
Let me know if u have more Q.