I have been following this thread for some time because in the beginning I wanted to be a NOW bride, but the rates at the time I was booking were crazy high. Since they have come down but I had already booked my resort which is the Majestic Colonial. I believe you should be able to get a decent rate. My guests are paying 740 per person for 7 nights just for the resort, and that's for the junior suite. If you decide to switch let me know if you have any questions...here is my email
Thanks for the word of encouragement. Jamie, you are right about going with the flow. That is exactly why I decided to have a destination wedding. I guess I am not as concerned about the lack of response from Claribel as the negative reviews. I really want my family to get their money's worth, and if the food is awful and it is overrun by locals they will be sorry they came. I am hoping you are right in that they fix these problems soon. This does not seem to be an issue with the NOW resorts in Mexico. So frustrating.
Dee, I am so sorry that you have decided to change resorts, but totally understand and may be right behind you. Did something else happen, or is it just the lack of response on all levels? Do you have a second choice? Right now I am looking into the Majestic. I know it will be about $60-80 per night more per person(at least), but may be worth it in the end for peace of mind. Had you actually sent your STD's yet? I have not checked into my deposit, but since it was only $100 I am not too concerned at this point. My FI still wants to stick it out...