"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

Mrs SCK:

I have been quoted $160 per person/320 per couple for May for 5 nights. I would say your quotes are just about right.  I am still looking for better deals though. I am convinced that I can get it closer to $120 per person per night.  We will see what happens. Good luck and happy planning.

Hey JB:

I emailed your TA yesterday! Hope she has some good info for me.  I did get an email from Emy Rose, one of the WC's at the resort.  She sent me the basic info, just a repeat of the information you sent me.  It was nice to finally hear from someone though. I was starting to think my email didn't work, ha ha!

I have a dilemma with my dress. I bought a dress that I never imagined I would like, but it looked really pretty on.  I had envisioned a flowy,light,informal dress but the one I bought is very structured.  The salesgirl and my sisters told me it fit my body (short and curvy) the best and that I shouldn't even try on a flowy dress as it would make me look chubby.  Long story short, I have regreted not trying on the ones I thought I would love.  When the dress came in last week, I felt sad.  It is very pretty, don't get me wrong-but it's not me.  So, I made a few other appoinments and tried on the style I had wanted from the beginning, and guess what? I love them.  Now I am stuck with a dress that I am not in love with and am starting from scratch!Ahhhhh! I am going to try to sell the first one and recoup some of the money.  It makes my stomach turn though to spend money again!  Oh well.  I am trying on some more Saturday and will have my friend take pics and will try to post both to get you girl's opinions.  Thanks for letting me vent! So mad at myself.

A

AcutieRn,

I guess they finally have the chance to respond because I just recieved an e-mail as well! I think I'm booking my date. The good news is that they're only asking $100 deposit instead of the 25% from NHReal, I'm getting the highest price package so this really helps as far as freeing some funds for other needs in regards to the wedding! Oh and I'm very excited that they will change the 2 hour DJ to a soloist next year! I really wanted a violinist for the ceremony and then hire an outside DJ. Yay!

I'm sorry to hear about your dress, I guess lesson learned-- go with your gut! I hope you can sell it, I'm sure you can post it on the selling thread here and get some resposes. Good luck! Oh and share a pic of the dress you end up with cheesy.gif

JB:

How did you hear about the soloist?Did you ask someone directly?  I feel like details like this I am missing...

I also heard from the sales group that does the booking.  They quoted me what your TA quoted you although she didn't mention anything about the sixth room free thing.  I emailed her and asked her if that was an option. 

That is awesome that you will be booking the highest package!  We don't really want a reception with dancing, so I am going to barter for some extended cocktail time instead.  What days are you booking again?How did you find out if your wedding date was free? And the time of the ceremony?

I spoke with PhotoPhil today too.  So excited about him! He is free the entire week of April 15th so I should be able to use him.  Now just to get ahold of someone to actually book my date!

Then on to the fun stuff...like flowers and cake ha ha. Oh, and a dress.  Oh, the dress.  Ha ha, talk to you soon.

AcutieRN,

It was on the bottom of the wedding package listing that the WC sent me. Did you get that? Or did you just get the "extras" pricing? Let me know I can forward you that file if not... That 6th room free is a promo that the Now Resorts are running but I'm pretty sure you can also go through your TA with that as long as you let her know about it.

My date is on April 14, 2012. So I guess the previous week before your week. I'm in contact with the WC, the date is available still I just need to get moving on sending my documents to get it confirmed!  I sent you Emy's e-mail, right? I'm excited to get to the fun stuff, too! I just need to secure my date and get the group booked. Aaaahhh!

I'm glad Phil is working out for you, well more happy planning to come for us! keep me updated...

Right after I told you I didn't have that info Claribel sent me an email, looks like I was missing the entire portion of the email that had the wedding packages listed. I just had the break down of individual  costs. It was like she knew I was asking for it, ha ha!You did send me Emy's email, I have been hearing from both of them so I am not sure how or when we get assigned a one.  I guess after we book.

The information I received on room pricing was not through my TA, she is still set on $160/211 per room per night.  I refuse to pay this much when I know others are getting better deals for the same week.  The quote of $125 per night pp was directly from the resort.  That is why I don't know if they will honor the free room promo.  I have sent an email asking.  I really was hoping for that, my  mom could benefit from that room!

If your date is the 14th we may be there too.  Our plan is to arrive on the 14th late afternoon and the wedding would be Monday the 16th.  We would stay until Friday or Saturday with the fam and then head off for a honeymoon by ourselves.  Haven't even made it to thinking about that yet!

Is the way you secure your date by just sending in the documents they sent? Then they let you know if its available?

Well better get to bed, chat with you later.  Good luck with the planning!

AcutieRN,

Ask Emy or Claribel if the date that you are looking at are available, let them know also around what time you're looking at having the ceremony. They can let you know then if they still have the date open. I probably should have told you to ask right away, since as you can tell there is about a week wait on responses. I guess I just assumed that would be the first thing to do along with asking for wedding package info, sorry! But if you are ready to book and want to fill out those forms-- I'm sure if there is a problem with the date she would let you know, that way you cut off week of waiting?

Maybe you'll see my wedding!? haha... That would be so awesome. Hey what colors are you planning on? Maybe we can even share decorations? I'm planning on a lot of DIY's for that.

Oh and the 6th room, I'm pretty sure that when you go on the Now Larimar website if you click on the special offers you'll see the gathering/ groups. I haven't checked in a while but I know before Now Larimar is not listed yet, but I called the 800 number they have and they said it will be offered at Now Larimar as soon as the switch happens. Since you are going through the resort, I'm sure you can get this special. Read the terms on the site, if it helps.

Think that's all I got for now, hopefully more info to come!

JB,

Thanks for the info! I guess I never asked about a date because we are so flexible and I really didn't care.  But now that Photophil is available that week, I know I need to do it then.  We also want it to be early in the week so we don't eat too much and look bad in pics, ha ha!  Also some of our family will be only staying a few days so we want them to have the option to leave after the wedding.  What day are you coming in and leaving?

As for colors, I haven't made it that far! I am pretty much open.  I know most people go with tropical colors, but I was thinking of having hydrandgeas as my boquet in white and light green. That still is open though too, not sure yet.  What are you thinking? It would be great to share decorations....I am not planning on many since we are having such a small group. I do want chair sashes though. Do you know what the chairs look like if you don't go with the higher package that has the white covers? I asked but haven't heard yet...I also want to do most of it myself.

I did see that information on the website about the sixth room, I emailed the group coordinator at the resort that yesterday and I will see what she has to say.  Lots of waiting. Ready to have this part done!

Moni Woni,

How is planning going? Are you getting any answers from the WC now that you have a date? Keep us posted on what you are learning!