jbmarch2012
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:25 PM

Welcome Christi! Happy Planning :)

#552 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:26 PM

deesanders, let me know if you need the templates posted for the map :)

#553 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
      • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

By the way any of you ladies planning on adding pashminas to your OOT bags? The reason I ask is I found this wholesaler in NYC and the more I order the better the price... let me know if you're interested!

#554 ChristiP2012

ChristiP2012
        • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Can any of you recommend a good TA?  It's hard to just randomly pick someone!  I don't know if I am too early since I am just under a year, but I figured I have to start somewhere.  When is the best time to set up a group? 

#555 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
          • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Hi Christi, do you care if the TA is not based where you are from? I have a two I can refer to you. Have you checked applevacations website for a rate yet? I would definitely check that so you have an idea even if it's just for land only.

#556 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
            • 156 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:23 PM

Christi:Welcome! Congrats! So great to have another NOW bride! I would give you my TA's info, but right now I am not the most pleased with her.  I am still waiting on a contract and it has been several weeks. She keeps saying it is the resort's fault, but I am starting not to believe that based on what the other girls are saying.  I would google destination wedding TA's in your area.  I have heard it is much better to have someone who specializes in DW.  Good luck!

JB:I really love that new dress for your BM's! Go with that one for sure, it is figure flattering and I am all about the one shoulder. I am actually going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and am thinking about getting it for myself, ha ha! I own nothing that is "Vegas appropriate". Yeah, I have been wondering about my contract too. If I don't have it by next week I will get a new TA. She did send me an email today saying that I shouldn't worry about the resort, she said she has never had a NOW customer complain and she has sent many people to these resorts.  That did help me.  As for the OOT bags, can you try for 8 pink and 7 green. If not any mix is fine.  Thanks again. Oh, the map is great, keep it the way it is. Much easier than numbers with a legend.

Where are you ladies having your receptions and cocktail hours? I have asked what the options are but have not gotten a response. I don't even know what the options are! I also want to know about the options for photo person and DJ. I am not planning on using either, it would be soooo nice if I could change it up for better food!

#557 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
              • 156 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

Oh, and one more thing...I bought some supplies for another DIY project tonight.  Hobby lobby had their floral stuff half off, I bought a bunch of hyrdrangias to make pomander balls for the isle decor. I am going to hang them off the chairs.  In the meantime I am going to hang them in our bedroom as the colors will work well! Here is my inspiration, I will post a pic when done.  This weekend is finishing STD's, so I may get to them next weekend.1000x500px-LL-5ba0ce65_closeup-ceremony.jpg

#558 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:19 PM

VERY NICE Acutie, love the idea! You must share pics of the finished product! I'll see about getting 8 pink and 7 green, will update you tomorrow when I get them :)

#559 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                  • 460 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

Oh and as far cocktail and reception I'm hoping to get the Castaways for both. It's open air which is what I want without being "on sand" the whole time.

#560 deesanders33

deesanders33
                    • 329 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:43 AM

Welcome Christi! So excited to have another NOW Bride.  Happy Planning!

Christi I am using Destination Weddings. The lady I am using is AWESOME~ Let me know and I can give you her info if you want.

AcutieRN, I am wondering the same thing about the DJ and Photographer I am thinking about downgrading the package and hiring DJ Mannia and HDC photographer. I don't know what to do yet because if I do downgrade then I loose the chair upgrade but maybe I will just splurge on the tiffany chairs??

AcutieRN, I love the idea, must share the pics when done :)

Also as far as the cocktail hr, I have no idea yet but for the Reception definitely the Castaway Restaurant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users