Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#481 deesanders33

deesanders33
  • 329 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

Nice to get all of the info about invites! MoniWoni, that sounds like an excellent idea :)

Let us know when you do get all the info from them as I would like to know answers to some of my questions as well!!

Ladies I am about to leave to go to Galveston for the weekend for my dad's surprise 50th bday! I will talk to yall monday!! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :)

#482 deesanders33

deesanders33
    • 329 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

As for the changing of Menus, Emy told me no but if we all work on them maybe we can :)

#483 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
      • 460 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

I just crossed my "something borrowed" off my list, officially part of the traveling clear starfish! :)

#484 moniwoni

moniwoni
        • 120 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:44 PM

Found this email my travel agent sent me on some questions I had awhile back...thought it may be helpful,  otherwise I think I have the same price guide as u girls.  I bought a calling card so I'm going to attempt calling duing the week to speak with Claribel,  but email really is best because then you have everything on paper so maybe I'll email first and follow up if I need too...

1)      There are no substitutions for any of the items in the package

2)      The covered chairs are for 25 chairs, the add’l cost is on your list $3/chair

3)      Extra hour for DJ $180/hr

4)      DJ equipment only rental $100/hr

5)      As per your conversation with Claribel, if you have more than 45 guests for dinner, then they can only do a buffet poolside because there is no kitchen nearby.  She mentioned that you can use the Beach restaurant for the sit down platinum dinner.

6)      Music prior to ceremony is included

7)      Cost of cake for extra guests is on list

8)      Hair & makeup for bridesmaids, Claribel is waiting to hear back from the spa on the prices

monica wasser

#485 sarahgn4t

sarahgn4t
          • 87 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:15 PM

Hey ladies!  I put on my save the date that a deposit for group booking is due by July 1st. It is not really! Ha!  I just said it so that I can get some kind of idea on how many will be attending. Love the one shoulder dress too!  What is the website for knock off dresses??  I have two clients staying at the Now Larimar next week and the week after.  So at least we can get some idea of how the resort is doing!!

#486 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
            • 460 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

sarah, please share any pictures they send you!!!  As for the knock-off website, I used http://www.dressilyme.com for my dress but there are a lot of other sites... check out this thread if you're really interested http://www.bestdesti...s-comments-here

#487 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
              • 460 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:56 AM

$1 flip flops at old navy laides!!!! OOT bag goodies!!!

#488 moniwoni

moniwoni
                • 120 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

IMG_1834.jpgIMG_1845.JPG

the shells are for two of my flower girls.... The one in the middle will hold the basket..... what do u girls think?

Those are my oot bags......same ones JB!!  BTW those little lanterns are at CTS's and there only $1 and they coe with batteries!  Not the best quality but..... there a dollar  & it gives the effect...

I really want to get the oldnavy flip flops but I have know idea what sizes and how many??IMG_1837.JPG

monica wasser

#489 AcutieRN

AcutieRN
                  • 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:58 PM

Oh my gosh, why don't I have a Christmas store close by? Moni Woni those are adorable! I really love the bags.  They are perfect. Maybe I will try to look them up online. I agree with the flip flops, really want em, but how in the world would I know what size to get?

JB-That is so cool about the starfish.  I really want to do it, and at first thought it would be perfect because I could have you hand it off to me.  The only problem is I am worried I could not get it to Kelly by May 1 because I will still be in the Carribean until at least then.  Do you think it would be safe to try to send it to her from Punta Cana on April 18? I just don't think it would make it to her in time and I could never chance that. Oh well.

I went to Michael's today and bought a Friskars Rotary cutter to start my STD's.  I will try to get some printing done by Kinko's tomorrow. I just can't find cute paper for the ticket sleeves yet.  Will have to check a couple of scrapbooking stores tomorrow.

#490 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                    • 460 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:54 AM

Moniwoni, we have a lot of the same stuff! soo cool! Love what you did with the shells... still debating whether or not I should use the same for my BM's... I feel like if I go the real touch route it might end being the same as buying bouquets at the resort? For the flip-flops I just did a quick survey on the ladies in my party then I just bought a couple "common sizes" then whenever I get the chance to ask them I will, I figured it would be easy to exchange them for the right size eventually. I did mostly white (which surprisingly wasn't as popular at the store I was at because they had 2 walls full of just white flip-flops!) and was going to add fabric flowers on them to personalize it.

flipflop.bmp

Acutie, It would have been perfect to just pass it on to you but you're right, it would stress me out if I had to worry about getting it back to her... Maybe you can send it home to your family? If you can count on them to make sure they send it out? Just an idea... I also found pretty good OOT bags for $1 on dollar tree website. but I think it's bulk you have to buy 36? http://www.dollartre...09786/index.pro I'm positive that the CTS doesn't have an online store. I can always offer to pick you up some of the bags from the store but I would ask you take care of the shipping. The xmas tree shop is walking distance to my place so it's not that big a deal to stop in, i find myself there almost everyday anyway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users