Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1991 DR2015

DR2015
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 1, 2015
  • Wedding Location:NOW Larimar Punta Cana, Dom. Rep.

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

Just an FYI if any of you ladies (or gentlemen ) were assigned to Yakayra Fulgencio?? I just received an email stating that she is no longer working the property and i have been assigned a new coordinator! 

May 01, 2015- complete!! 73 guests+bride & groom! Now Larimar Punta Cana!

#1992 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksassy1115 

jennifer8913

Did you hire the DJ for your poolside reception? How did you timeline go...did you do the dances before eating or after? 

Thanks!

We did not hire a DJ, we just rented the iPod equipment and they actually provide a DJ to run that. I did however have a guest who did the emceeing for us. He announced our bridal party and then we went right into our first dance. Then had dinner, dessert then did cake cutting, bouquet and garter toss. Let me know if you have any other questions!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1993 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
  • Site Supporter
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Did any past brides use professional wedding decorators (like Caribbean Celebrations)? I've read reviews about them and it's been said that their services are cheaper than the resorts. Would Now charge an outrageous fee for them to come and decorate? I'd love anyone's opinion on this!

Attached Files

#1994 DR2015

DR2015
  • 150 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:20 PM

Did any past brides use professional wedding decorators (like Caribbean Celebrations)? I've read reviews about them and it's been said that their services are cheaper than the resorts. Would Now charge an outrageous fee for them to come and decorate? I'd love anyone's opinion on this!

There is a $500 outside vendor fee!!

#1995 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2015 

There is a $500 outside vendor fee!!

and honestly, with a destination wedding less is so much better, you are in such a beautiful place that provides natural decor, I didnt feel the need to have a lot of other decorations.

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1996 rosepetal1595

rosepetal1595
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

FYI ladies... I just received an email from Francina stating that Yakayra is no longer with Now Larimar. Just wanted to give you a heads up. Seems to be an awful lot of turn over at the resort. - Rose

#1997 MsJillss

MsJillss
    • 14 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Huracan Cafe
    • LocationPunta Cana

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:39 AM

Hello Future & Past Brides!

I made a point to tediously go through this whole forum before I posted anything! When I first started reading I had way different questions then I do now.

I will be getting married April 15th 2015!  I tried to make it as affordable as possible for friends & family. Now they have lots of time to save & I have lots of time to plan!

Any one else planning this far in advance??

Any recommendations for STD's going out?? Because I already made the reservations and guests are already putting deposits down, I'm thinking of sending them out this November with travel info.Once again, super far in advance but invitations wont go out until later next year.

Will post more later! So many questions! I had no idea when booking that April/May were SO BUSY for weddings. 

#1998 DR2015

DR2015
    • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:09 PM

Hello Future & Past Brides!   I made a point to tediously go through this whole forum before I posted anything! When I first started reading I had way different questions then I do now.   I will be getting married April 15th 2015!  I tried to make it as affordable as possible for friends & family. Now they have lots of time to save & I have lots of time to plan!   Any one else planning this far in advance??   Any recommendations for STD's going out?? Because I already made the reservations and guests are already putting deposits down, I'm thinking of sending them out this November with travel info.Once again, super far in advance but invitations wont go out until later next year.   Will post more later! So many questions! I had no idea when booking that April/May were SO BUSY for weddings.

You are not alone... Wedding is May 1, 2015 we conducted a site visit back in September and booked back in August.... Save the dates went out October 1 invites are going out August 1.

#1999 Tiffany Ellison

Tiffany Ellison
    • 16 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 31, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar

Posted 28 January 2014 - 01:05 PM

Did any of you use WBA for your wedding photos?

If so, how did you like them??

Under vendor reviews, they have great reviews....but its concerning that the reviews were posted over the span of a week...

#2000 MrandMrsBonitto2016

MrandMrsBonitto2016
    • 321 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 14, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Dominican Republic~Kukua/ Staying at Dreams Palm Beach
    • LocationNew York City

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:25 AM

Hello Lovely Ladies,

I have two years to go:( But, I wanted to start early to avoid stress and financial burden. How soon is too soon to send STD's?

Hello Future & Past Brides!

I made a point to tediously go through this whole forum before I posted anything! When I first started reading I had way different questions then I do now.

I will be getting married April 15th 2015!  I tried to make it as affordable as possible for friends & family. Now they have lots of time to save & I have lots of time to plan!

Any one else planning this far in advance??

Any recommendations for STD's going out?? Because I already made the reservations and guests are already putting deposits down, I'm thinking of sending them out this November with travel info.Once again, super far in advance but invitations wont go out until later next year.

Will post more later! So many questions! I had no idea when booking that April/May were SO BUSY for weddings. 

Now I'm in the same boat:)

Future Mrs. Bonitto 12/14/16

30ag12yqu333h.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users