2000 replies to this topic

#1981 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
  • Site Supporter
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:19 AM

Hi all! Does anyone have any pics of a ballroom wedding reception setup? I want to get ideas of what the basic room looks like so I can determine what decor to use! Thanks!

#1982 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

Here are pics of the tropical view rooms

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1983 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:08 AM

Here are pics from our preferred club ocean view room

Sorry I didnt take a pic of the bathroom, but it is pretty much like the tropical deluxe rooms above, but the jacuzzi is out on the balcony and there a a wall instead of the open window

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1984 duchovny0901

duchovny0901
  • Site Supporter
  • 146 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 30, 2014
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Thanks for posting these pics. They help a lot. I blocked off the Tropical View rooms for my guests. Do you know if all of them have that window to the bathroom? And was your room upgraded by the resort or did you just book that from day one? I'm debating on an ocean view room or the Master Suite for 7 nights ! It's a pricey difference that I need to figure out!

#1985 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
  • 455 posts
  • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by duchovny0901 

Thanks for posting these pics. They help a lot. I blocked off the Tropical View rooms for my guests. Do you know if all of them have that window to the bathroom? And was your room upgraded by the resort or did you just book that from day one? I'm debating on an ocean view room or the Master Suite for 7 nights ! It's a pricey difference that I need to figure out!

I think if they have dbl beds they do not hqve the window opening in the bathroom. We wanted preferred club because it was our wedding, and my fiance wanted the outside jacuzzi. I wouldn't spend on the mastersuite unless you have a big budget. I would have loved to stay in one of those rooms, but we hardly spent anytime in the room anyway!!

#1986 amanda15012014

amanda15012014
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows the Diameter of the large round tables they use at the receptions? I'm trying to have table runners made, Is anyone else thinking of doing this?

#1987 Noel

Noel
    • 2 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

Hi Jennifer,

Congratulations on your recent wedding!  How many people did you have for your poolside reception?  Did you have the buffet dinner?  I am getting married on the beach on January 31st but am still trying to decide where to have the reception.  I am anticipating about 20 people in attendance.

#1988 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

hi, they are 72" round tables.

Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows the Diameter of the large round tables they use at the receptions? I'm trying to have table runners made, Is anyone else thinking of doing this?

#1989 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 18 September 2013 - 04:37 PM

Hi Jennifer, Congratulations on your recent wedding!  How many people did you have for your poolside reception?  Did you have the buffet dinner?  I am getting married on the beach on January 31st but am still trying to decide where to have the reception.  I am anticipating about 20 people in attendance.

thank you!! we had 31 including my husband and me. we did a sit down dinner and we had the fish and shrimp, everyone loved it! how excited are you for your wedding? 4 months away!! it will go so fast trust me!! I loved my wedding, I wish I could do it all over again!! let me know if you have any further questions!

#1990 ksassy1115

ksassy1115
      • 9 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:29 AM

jennifer8913

Did you hire the DJ for your poolside reception? How did you timeline go...did you do the dances before eating or after? 

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users