Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1531 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
  • 227 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

I think Castaways is no longer an option unless you pay $5000... That was my first choice as well, How on earth did you get it? 

#1532 Skygirl

Skygirl
    • 512 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by NowBride2013 

Congrats to Skygirl and Prettyfinebrown!! You both looked beautifull (from the photos you posted) Can't wait to see more!!! I am so glad that your overall experiences went well!! :)

I know this might be a bit of a personal question, but did you tip the wedding vendors (DJ, photographer, pastor, bartender, waiters) and WC and if so about how much?? I just have no idea what is the norm!!

Also, Skygirl I would love to see pics of your reception at the Castaway Terrace, I don't know if this is still an option?!?

Here is my e-mail if you can't attach pics! (moniquerobichaud10@hotmail.com)

Thx!!

the whole reception went by so fast, that i didnt even have time to tip anyone, even though had all intentions...

#1533 Skygirl

Skygirl
      • 512 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:13 AM

As far as how i got castaways: we booked 14mnth prior to the  wedding day, and castaway was then offered and that what we agreed on. Then they changed it, and said its no longer available... it was 7mnth prior the wedding, and we havent paid for trips yet... i showed them all the emails where castaway was confirmed and told them im still under the time frame where i can walk away and go to another resort for wedding and take my 35guests with me

#1534 KChenard

KChenard
        • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:25 AM

Skygirl, did you get your hair and makeup done by the resort? 

#1535 Skygirl

Skygirl
          • 512 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

yes, i got my hair done at the resort spa. they did good job with my hair, for make up she did good job too, but they didnt have many shades for the foundation. Good thing i had my own...the had MAC make up.

Make up cost $40 and hair is $60

#1536 KChenard

KChenard
            • 32 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:11 PM

Amazing, thank you!! I have been seeing mixed reviews on the hair and especially the make up and of course it is a concern because we all want to look perfect on our big days :)

#1537 Skygirl

Skygirl
              • 512 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:20 AM

here some pictures from our reception at castaway terrace

#1538 KChenard

KChenard
                • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:36 AM

It looks amazing! I really wanted the castaways but now it is 5000 $ its just not worth it. We are having our dinner by the pool. Did you see anyone having their reception by the pool while you were there? 

#1539 thesportsgal

thesportsgal
                  • 32 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:54 AM

Does anyone know how long the tables would be if they are the oblong ones?  I think we are doing our ceremony at the fountain and reception on the beach.  We will have 32 people total so I would like the long tables and am trying to buy runners and stuff...and just can't seem to figure it out! :) 

#1540 Skygirl

Skygirl
                    • 512 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

yes i did see the reception at the quite pool, it looked really nice:)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users