"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

I have always like the idea of doing something specail with the table numbers, like how many years the couple knew each other, the day they met, etc. I think I am going to buy shell pic holders and put the number card on that. Even though it is a dest wedding, people just don;t know how much thought goes into it, there are so many little details to think about. Wow 4 weeks away!!! I can't wait til we are that close. So excited fot you!!!

4 Weeks!!  Wow - That came quickly!!  There is SOOO much to bring!! Eek... I was just at a wedding and they had different pictures of both of them at that age of the table number... thought that was cute... Maybe not as practical at a destination wedding - may only get up to 6! haha  We are going to call each table a country that we have traveled to... And have a photo of us together in that country on the table....

I can't wait to see some pics of your wedding!!!!!!!!!!  Yay!!

Ladies, many of you may already have this info, but for those who dont: 

The WC responded to my questions. Mercy responded and assigned my WC - Luisa Miranda. Anyone had her? 

It does take a little while for them to respond, but I got this in three or so days, so really not too bad! 

Here is my e-mail communication

Wedding Ceremony

1. do we have a choice of who will mary us? 

The symbolic ceremony is performed by the wedding coordinator. If you would like to bring your our minister, it is fine, it is allowed for non-legal ceremonies. In case that you want to have a non-legal minister through us, the cost is US$250.00.

1. How long will symbolic ceremony last? Whats involved? 

Symbolic or Non-denominational: Approximately 20 minutes. The speech of this ceremony is focused in love, marriage, family and society. This kind of ceremony does not have any legal validation, so the wedding couple does not need to make any paperwork. This ceremony is an option for the couples that want to get married in a court of their country, and have the celebration in our tropical paradise.

1. Do we sign wedding papers even if it is symbolic ceremony? (we would like to symbolically) 

For symbolic ceremonies we prepare a certificate of the hotel, without any legal connotation, to be signed during the ceremony. When the couple bring their own minister, we prepare that only if is requested.

1. Will it be announced the ceremony is symbolic to the guests? 

No, we never say that. The guests will know that only if you tell them.

1. We do not want the beach. What are our location choices ?

By now we have the fountain gazebo available on your wedding day (first come, first served).

Photography

1. name of our photographer and what will be included in our divine package Divine wedding package includes 24 pictures during the ceremony, and 30 minutes of video during the ceremony.
  2. Can we meet photographer prior? Sure!!! email? Please see this information below:

PHOTOGRAPHER SERVICES

Contact Information: Ms. Ana María Parascan

Tel.: 829.961.3458

Email: weddings@wbastudio.com

Divine package

1. can we choose not to have some features and change with others? Items and services included in the wedding packages are not changeable, transferable, or negotiable.
  2. What is not included that people add most often? Decoration (centerpieces, charger plates, candles, etc.) DJ services, and entertainment.  

Party-Reception

1. What are our decoration options?  Divine Wedding Packages include, for the ceremony 25 chairs with white covers, and a ceremonial table with white linen. For dinner/receptions, we include tables with white linen, and chairs with white covers, according to the size of the group.
  2. Can we see some pictures? Please find a picture attached.
  3. Location selection- can we see pictures of what is available and choose now? Please find some pictures attached.
  4. We want the party to go on longer, how late can we go? Any charges for that? Depending on the location it can be until midnight. The reception included in the wedding package is for 3 hours. The cost to extend the reception is US$12 per person/hour + taxes (with the international bar), and US$18 per person/hour + taxes (premium bar).
  5. Is music included? The wedding package includes a sound system during the ceremony. In case you want to have music during the cocktail hour and the reception, please see our offers above. Do you recommend DJ? Sure!!

Activities at the hotel

1. Is there a list of all entertainment planned for the week of November 23 to 30?

Every week our entertainment department makes a program with the different activities to be performed on that week. Unfortunately, we cannot send you an schedule for December, because the activities can change.  Also, every day we send the Sundial (activities program for the next day) to all the rooms, in order that they can program their time.

1. Does hotel recommend entertainers for party such as fire dancers? Yes!!

Room upgrade in the package

1. can we secure the complimentary upgrade now? We reserved the Ocean View King Deluxe preferred club room. 

Divine wedding package includes an upgrade for the wedding couple, to the immediate superior category, to be confirmed upon the coupleâ€s arrival, based on our availability. In case that you have booked the highest category of our Deluxe rooms, the upgrade will be to the benefits of the preferred club service, but no a Master suite.

1. We would really like a suite, ocean front. It is our dream wedding and honeymoon as well. I have copied your request to our Reservation and Reception departments in order to follow up your request, and do our best to help you.

Rehearsal Dinner

1. Can we secure restaurant space for dinners for whole group? We dont want to be paying extra, since its an all inclusive resort, but we do want to make sure we get the space and have no long wait. 

We can reserve a space in one of our open restaurants a la carte (upon availability), for groups up to 25 people. The reservation must be done during the wedding interview, subject to our availability. In case that you have more than 25 people for your rehearsal dinner, we can offer you a reservation in our Carnival International Café (buffet style restaurant).

In both cases, the set up will be individual tables, for up to 8 people each one, and the time of the reservation must be at 6:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m.

Excursions offered to purchase

1. could we get a list of excursions offered? We would like to include these in our wedding website For this information please feel free to contactstgops@amstardmc.com   

Additional ideas and suggestions from the coordinator is very valuable to us. 

More details on divine package are appreciated. 

Would we be able to set up a Skype appointment to communicate and go over the main details? Unfortunately we do not have this tool available by now. Weâ€ll be in touch by this way.

thank you Inga! can you please send me the pics also!? jenniferl0331@gmail.com thanks!
Originally Posted by inga View Post

Ladies, many of you may already have this info, but for those who dont: 

The WC responded to my questions. Mercy responded and assigned my WC - Luisa Miranda. Anyone had her? 

It does take a little while for them to respond, but I got this in three or so days, so really not too bad! 

Here is my e-mail communication

Wedding Ceremony

1. do we have a choice of who will mary us? 

The symbolic ceremony is performed by the wedding coordinator. If you would like to bring your our minister, it is fine, it is allowed for non-legal ceremonies. In case that you want to have a non-legal minister through us, the cost is US$250.00.

1. How long will symbolic ceremony last? Whats involved? 

Symbolic or Non-denominational: Approximately 20 minutes. The speech of this ceremony is focused in love, marriage, family and society. This kind of ceremony does not have any legal validation, so the wedding couple does not need to make any paperwork. This ceremony is an option for the couples that want to get married in a court of their country, and have the celebration in our tropical paradise.

1. Do we sign wedding papers even if it is symbolic ceremony? (we would like to symbolically) 

For symbolic ceremonies we prepare a certificate of the hotel, without any legal connotation, to be signed during the ceremony. When the couple bring their own minister, we prepare that only if is requested.

1. Will it be announced the ceremony is symbolic to the guests? 

No, we never say that. The guests will know that only if you tell them.

1. We do not want the beach. What are our location choices ?

By now we have the fountain gazebo available on your wedding day (first come, first served).

Photography

1. name of our photographer and what will be included in our divine package Divine wedding package includes 24 pictures during the ceremony, and 30 minutes of video during the ceremony.
  2. Can we meet photographer prior? Sure!!! email? Please see this information below:

PHOTOGRAPHER SERVICES

Contact Information: Ms. Ana María Parascan

Tel.: 829.961.3458

Email: weddings@wbastudio.com

Divine package

1. can we choose not to have some features and change with others? Items and services included in the wedding packages are not changeable, transferable, or negotiable.
  2. What is not included that people add most often? Decoration (centerpieces, charger plates, candles, etc.) DJ services, and entertainment.  

Party-Reception

1. What are our decoration options?  Divine Wedding Packages include, for the ceremony 25 chairs with white covers, and a ceremonial table with white linen. For dinner/receptions, we include tables with white linen, and chairs with white covers, according to the size of the group.
  2. Can we see some pictures? Please find a picture attached.
  3. Location selection- can we see pictures of what is available and choose now? Please find some pictures attached.
  4. We want the party to go on longer, how late can we go? Any charges for that? Depending on the location it can be until midnight. The reception included in the wedding package is for 3 hours. The cost to extend the reception is US$12 per person/hour + taxes (with the international bar), and US$18 per person/hour + taxes (premium bar).
  5. Is music included? The wedding package includes a sound system during the ceremony. In case you want to have music during the cocktail hour and the reception, please see our offers above. Do you recommend DJ? Sure!!

Activities at the hotel

1. Is there a list of all entertainment planned for the week of November 23 to 30?

Every week our entertainment department makes a program with the different activities to be performed on that week. Unfortunately, we cannot send you an schedule for December, because the activities can change.  Also, every day we send the Sundial (activities program for the next day) to all the rooms, in order that they can program their time.

1. Does hotel recommend entertainers for party such as fire dancers? Yes!!

Room upgrade in the package

1. can we secure the complimentary upgrade now? We reserved the Ocean View King Deluxe preferred club room. 

Divine wedding package includes an upgrade for the wedding couple, to the immediate superior category, to be confirmed upon the coupleâ€s arrival, based on our availability. In case that you have booked the highest category of our Deluxe rooms, the upgrade will be to the benefits of the preferred club service, but no a Master suite.

1. We would really like a suite, ocean front. It is our dream wedding and honeymoon as well. I have copied your request to our Reservation and Reception departments in order to follow up your request, and do our best to help you.

Rehearsal Dinner

1. Can we secure restaurant space for dinners for whole group? We dont want to be paying extra, since its an all inclusive resort, but we do want to make sure we get the space and have no long wait. 

We can reserve a space in one of our open restaurants a la carte (upon availability), for groups up to 25 people. The reservation must be done during the wedding interview, subject to our availability. In case that you have more than 25 people for your rehearsal dinner, we can offer you a reservation in our Carnival International Café (buffet style restaurant).

In both cases, the set up will be individual tables, for up to 8 people each one, and the time of the reservation must be at 6:00 p.m. or 9:00 p.m.

Excursions offered to purchase

1. could we get a list of excursions offered? We would like to include these in our wedding website For this information please feel free to contactstgops@amstardmc.com   

Additional ideas and suggestions from the coordinator is very valuable to us. 

More details on divine package are appreciated. 

Would we be able to set up a Skype appointment to communicate and go over the main details? Unfortunately we do not have this tool available by now. Weâ€ll be in touch by this way.

Hey ladies, like i said earlier its exactly a month left till we left for DR! few good things happened so far: our airline tickets on JB went from 900$(which is the highest) to 500$ but most were booked already so we got $$$ JB credit, i would much rather have the cash, so i can use it towards the wedding, but am happy with over a 1000$ JB credit, LOL

-my dress is picked up , wohooo, its all wrinkly though, i got it from dresylime designer knock off in china, and very happy with it. Im debating weather or not i should have it steamed it before i leave for DR, or have it done there, i guess im just nervous how good of a job they will do down there,

-Silvia my WC has contacted me via email, that she needs me to complete the wedding-planner form with all the details.

-I actually called her today and she was very nice and informative. I have 2 photographers outside from the resort who are from Punta Cana, and i would need to pay $300 vendor fee, which i made piece with. BUT you can pay resort daily rate to have them stay there, and if its a good promotion you can get a good deal, and instead pay to put them up in the resort instead of paying the vendor fee! In my case getting a room at the resort is costing same as a vendor fee, so its a wash! So i will pay for the room for them, so they can arrive, put all there stuff and not feel like gypsy with their stuff.

-One thing im a little confused about is, photographers will be seated at the table with kids near by so they can just get up quickly and shoot away, DO I need to order meal for them?if they are staying at the resort?what is the protocol?

- i called the resort spa to find out about hair/make up. It is 59$ for the hair (wash not included) and $40 for the make up , same price for bride and bridesmaids

I think this is it for now,