Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1421 thesportsgal

thesportsgal
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:14 AM

Is anyone doing a unity candle/sand ceremony?  Or whatever it's called...;)  Does anyone know if it costs extra?

#1422 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
    • 455 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 9, 2013
    • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Dominican Republic
    • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:06 AM

Hi ladies, not sure if this is anywhere else on this thread, but are any of you bringing your own centerpieces? I am thinking of doing our own, but just wanted some advice from other brides. Also are the tables all round?

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1423 suzzMF

suzzMF
    • 50 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

@ Jennifer 8913 - I'm bringing a bunch of candles, candles holders and decoration for our reception. We are going to have 3 round tables and one sweetheart table. I sent Mercy a picture of a rose centerpiece that I wanted and she quoted me $140 per table. Its pricey, but I feel like it would look a little empty without flowers. Fake flowers just dont do it for me. 

I say bring as much as you can, cause they will charge you for everything and anything.

BTW - did any of the past brides used sparklers? I would realloy want some for our last dance, but I'm not sure if you're even allowed to bring them down there with you.

#1424 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
      • 455 posts
      • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by suzzMF 

@ Jennifer 8913 - I'm bringing a bunch of candles, candles holders and decoration for our reception. We are going to have 3 round tables and one sweetheart table. I sent Mercy a picture of a rose centerpiece that I wanted and she quoted me $140 per table. Its pricey, but I feel like it would look a little empty without flowers. Fake flowers just dont do it for me. 

I say bring as much as you can, cause they will charge you for everything and anything.

BTW - did any of the past brides used sparklers? I would realloy want some for our last dance, but I'm not sure if you're even allowed to bring them down there withThanks 

Thanks suzzMF! I think I have decided on paper lanterns with LED lights and my starfish and shells places around them, really like the tall skinny lanterns in varying sizes and in my wedding colors, which I know changed to guava and tangerine due to now finalizing the bridesmaid dresses!! The prices there are very expensive, hard to believe how far the American dollar doesnt get us!!!! lol

I am planning on also bringing my own chair shashes, I have found them for $11 for 10 sashes, the resort is charging $3 a pc!!! 

I am sure sparklers are ok on resort, just not sure if they would get thru customs, def something to check into!!

"ever thine ever mine ever ours"~ Ludwig von Beethoven, and more famously by Mr. Big!

Now Larimar 8/9/13; I married my best friend! 29 of my closest friends and family celebrated with us! Couldn't have wished for anything better :)

#1425 chrisdeluca

chrisdeluca
      • 84 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

jenn where did you find the chair sashes??

#1426 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
        • 455 posts
        • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 15 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by chrisdeluca 

jenn where did you find the chair sashes??

I found them here~ http://www.save-on-c...hairsashes.html  tons of colors!!!   

#1427 chrisdeluca

chrisdeluca
        • 84 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:56 PM

awesome thanks!!!!

#1428 MegnAustin

MegnAustin
          • 37 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by jennifer8913 

Can u email.that to me? Jenniferl0331@gmail.com thanks!!

I cant open the compliment package document. If you still have it could you please pass it along to mcvakhwedding@hotmail.com

Thanks Megan

#1429 jennifer8913

jennifer8913
            • 455 posts
            • LocationAllentown, PA

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by MegnAustin 

I cant open the compliment package document. If you still have it could you please pass it along to mcvakhwedding@hotmail.com

Thanks Megan

Sent!

#1430 MegnAustin

MegnAustin
            • 37 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:41 AM

Sent!

Thank you Soo very much :) Possibly doing our May 2013 wedding here :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users