Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1241 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Great question!!  I saw that someone mentioned that silk petals are ok??  Could anyone confirm?  That would save A LOT!  I was thinking of buying them for throwing... Anyone done this?  500 petals in a bag?  How many bags would I need for a flower girl and 40 peeps to toss some??  Thanks for the help!!

P.S Haven't heard back from Silvia in 2 weeks!

#1242 Donna Hewitt

Donna Hewitt
    • 227 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:42 PM

Great question!!  I saw that someone mentioned that silk petals are ok??  Could anyone confirm?  That would save A LOT!  I was thinking of buying them for throwing... Anyone done this?  500 petals in a bag?  How many bags would I need for a flower girl and 40 peeps to toss some??  Thanks for the help!!

P.S Haven't heard back from Silvia in 2 weeks!

#1243 Smithk79

Smithk79
      • 149 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

Hello everyone! I have not heard from anyone here in sevetal weeks, i was trying to check availability for our december 2012 wedding and no response, looks lile we are going elsewhere!

#1244 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
        • 460 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

tnx JB, did you bring your own petals for the flower girl?or did resort provided them?

I got the petals from the resort, a bag is $25 and it was enough for my 2 flower girls... Actually it ended up being free for me though, I had a pretty rough day on our big day because is was raining on and off and I stressed about having to sign this bad weather waiver they had... I think Mercy just gave me that among other perks to make me feel a bit better!

#1245 Smithk79

Smithk79
          • 149 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

Does anyone know how large Now is? Is it difficult to get around or find people in your group?

#1246 Skygirl

Skygirl
            • 512 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:40 AM

@smithk, i know its aggrevating not to hear back right away. i would suggest to call them on monday, i think after christina the main coordinator left, they got tied up,

#1247 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
              • 460 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Smithk79 

Does anyone know how large Now is? Is it difficult to get around or find people in your group?

One of the reasons I chose Now is because it's size it's not that overwhelming, like you I was concerned about finding everybody in our group. I'm sure you would have an idea of when your guests is checking and my advice is to make sure you make it clear to your TA AND Now that you wouldn't want any of your guests to stay at the Dulce Sur or the Bravo Norte building... these building are located at the entrance of the resort and they would have to ride a golf cart to get to the main part ( restaurants, pool, and beach) of the resort. This actually happened to 4 people in our group because Now was overbooked (which really does not make sense how this happens!) and we just found a way to have them room at the Secrets resort which was right next to Now, we requested that their room be in the building right next to ours so it wasnt too hard to get together. As Secrets guests they are welcome in Now and as courtesy to the mishap we were also welcomed for a dinner at one of the Secrets restaurant, which usually isn't allowed as a Now guest. Another advice is to just have a list of your guest's room numbers once they have them, it's always easier to just call them there. But even without that places to eat, the restaurants, bars, etc are all mostly in one area-- so it's easy to just meet at the plaza for just about anything. and the beach and pool area are the same with the swim-up bar as a landmark/ place to meet up :)

Hope this helped!

#1248 Smithk79

Smithk79
                • 149 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:11 AM

Thank you so.much for this information!

#1249 Skygirl

Skygirl
                  • 512 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

@JB, im glad that you wrote the name of the other building, cause i keep telling TA , but i dont know the name of the building that i dont want. JB, question for you. we booked a Ocean View Master Suite for us, everyone else is either Tropical or Pool view, are they all close to our room?what is the name of the building?what floor would you suggest to ask for 2nd and up?tnx

#1250 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
                    • 460 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Skygirl 

@JB, im glad that you wrote the name of the other building, cause i keep telling TA , but i dont know the name of the building that i dont want. JB, question for you. we booked a Ocean View Master Suite for us, everyone else is either Tropical or Pool view, are they all close to our room?what is the name of the building?what floor would you suggest to ask for 2nd and up?tnx

Hey Skygirl,

Like I said before when we were there the resort was so overbooked, we actually didn't get a suite because of this! But we were at the "preferred" side of the Punta Cana Buildings, which is the building closest to the secrets resort... This ofcourse should not matter too much if you are lucky enough to have all your guests stay at the Now, but something to keep in mind incase you are put in that situation. Ask for the 4th floor! That's was our floor, when people walk you can hear a lot of echos because of the make of the building so I highly recommend being on the top floor. All the other rooms (tropical or pool) would be pretty close, it's kinda like a block or 2 from the suites, AS LONG AS YOU'RE IN THE SAME BUILDING. If not though I promise it's not that big of a deal, if they end up on the Bavaro buildings it'll just be on the other side of the main pool and still really not all that far. If you go on the Now website you can see from the map what I'm talking about, and it'll give you an idea of where things are.

Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users