Photo

"New Resort Opening May 1 2011" NOW LARIMAR ~ PUNTA CANA

• Please log in to reply
2000 replies to this topic

#1181 suzzMF

suzzMF
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

Alana - thank you for sharing your pictures, you looked beautiful.

#1182 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
    • 460 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:01 PM

I used HDC, they were amazing!!

Originally Posted by suzzMF 

@jpmar2012 - thank you so much for sharing your pictures and congratulations again!! Looks like you had a beautiful wedding.

Who did you use as photographer?

#1183 suzzMF

suzzMF
      • 50 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jbmarch2012 

I used HDC, they were amazing!!

awesome, we booked them as well. I love the pictures, they look great! (=

#1184 Aby8558

Aby8558
        • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:51 AM

@Skygirl & suzzMF -

We had our reception by the pool area with a plated dinner. There were only 10 of us, so that was the best option. We had chosen the caprese salad, beef consomme with vegetables julienne, beef tenderloin and the cannoli for dessert. All the food was pretty good. No one minded having the same thing, so that worked out for us.

We ended up going with the dj from the resort, since it was more of a last minute decision. But glad we did! He already has a music library prepared, although if there is a specific song you want, make sure you ask ahead of time!

We had our ceremony at the beach which was awesome! There are quite a few onlookers though but you honestly don't really notice it, when it's your day .

The weather on our wedding day was perfect. We got really lucky since it did not rain at all and it was sunny with a nice breeze by the water. The last three days we were there, however, was really windy!!

I brought several decorations with me such as our wedding favors, chair sashes, vases for the centerpieces and other small things for the reception table. For the most part, we brought all that stuff in our carry on and I also had my wedding dress as my carry on. A big must in my mind! We tried to avoid renting little things from the resort, as we found they were really overpriced!

I tried to cover everything for the most part through email with Cristina, before we arrived.

When we first arrived at the resort, there was a welcome letter by Cristina where she suggestsed a time to meet in person before the wedding. There she will take your decorations, if any, and go over the last few touches and confirm some things with you. Afterwards, she takes you on a tour of the locations you had chosen to show you where exactly everything will happen. Then she works her magic! I was very nervous for several months before the wedding since I didn't know what to expect and since it is hard to get a hold of them, let alone make sure everything makes sense on both ends. But not to worry, she knows what she is doing and tries her best to make your day special. Hopefully you have Cristina as your wedding coordinator!

Here are some pics from our wedding. We had HDC do our photos, and they did an awesome job! I highly recommend them! :)

img-4.JPG

img-34.JPG

img-82.JPG

img-208.JPG

#1185 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
          • 460 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:47 AM

Also wanted to share my planning thread!

http://www.bestdesti...lanning-journal

#1186 Aby8558

Aby8558
            • 8 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:49 AM

@ jbmarch2012 - I saw your wedding on the beach a couple of days after ours! You looked beautiful and so did the ceremony! Congrats!

#1187 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
              • 460 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

I was just about to write the same thing about yours!!! Our room was looking over your reception as well! Congrats to you :)

Originally Posted by Aby8558 

@ jbmarch2012 - I saw your wedding on the beach a couple of days after ours! You looked beautiful and so did the ceremony! Congrats!

#1188 Skygirl

Skygirl
                • 512 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:18 PM

@alana, congrats!!!seems like everything went smoothly for you, so glad! who did your video?or was it part of the package

#1189 Skygirl

Skygirl
                  • 512 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Lets keep this timeline going!

October 6, 2012 Kitvb28

October 8, 2012 - Skygirl

October 19, 2012 - Kendall10-19-12

November 5, 2012 - MandyCross
                    November 8, 2012 - SuzzMF

#1190 Tbracer37

Tbracer37
                    • 6 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 04:58 AM

Hi! My fiancĀ© an I visited Now in Nov. 2011 we booked are wedding for Nov. 2012... The resort is beautiful...communication seems to be a problem just going with the flow that everything will work itself out ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users