I thought I would try to share some insight and help answer questions I can, and then hopefully someone will be able to help me answer a couple questions.
- As for the 3 business day rule, that is the Counties rule for legal weddings down there. But I will say when I looked at other resorts they all had a 3 days rule also, so I think it is common. Iâ€™m sure the biggest reason is so they get a couple more nights at the hotel out of you. Also remember that there are 2-3 WC for both the NOW & Secerts resort and each resort can have up to 3 weddings per day. I think the reason for the 3 day rule is so that they have enough time to dedicate the attention they need to for each wedding.
- Acutie â€“ I agree with you that you donâ€™t want to have to spend additional money so close to the wedding and also when you werenâ€™t told this before. When you sent in your deposit did you mark off the days you were planning on being there? If so I would present that and the email documentation to the AM Resort GM. Remember that the people that work as the WC at the NOW resort are just taking orders from the Corporate office. Iâ€™m sure everything will work out fine and they will be able to take care of everything. Here is the contact information I found
- WC meeting â€“ I believe this meeting will be a couple hours as you will need to go through basically the excel spreadsheet you filled out. Most likely they will not look at it until you get down there or a couple weeks before the wedding. You will probably walk around the property to the areas where you are having your wedding and then go over set-up for everything. Also you will go over meals, seating, decorations, timing, and anything else you need while you are down there.
- Skygirl â€“ of course you can come watch my wedding. We are getting married on Sat. 10/6, 4pm at the Fountain. Our colors are coral and turquoise, what about yours? I will check the photoâ€™s I have on my camera as I might have a couple pictures of the Ecilpse. I was down there in Dec and had my sister take a ton of pictures of the property b/c my fianc© wasnâ€™t there and I wanted to show him all the parts of the resort.
A couple questions I have, hopefully someone can help with:
- Photography â€“ I understand a lot of people are using a local vendor not the one the resort offers. Who all are you using and what are their prices? We are looking for photography for the whole day (getting ready, ceremony, and reception) along with all the RAW/high def. digital photo. Also do you know what the additional fee is to bring an outside vendor in? I thought I remember Cristina saying there was a fee if you didnâ€™t use their photographer but I donâ€™t remember the cost.
- Welcome Dinner/Rehearsal â€“ Iâ€™m wondering if any of you did or are planning a welcome dinner or rehersal with everyone? We were talking about maybe doing a sunset boat cruise but since our numbers are a moving target it looks like it could get too pricey. What are other people thinking about doing either on the resort or off?
Hope this helps a little bit, good luck!!!