gifts through customs

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 marirocks

• 12 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 07:21 PM

I noticed that alot of brides were bring little gifts for their wedding guests. I wanted to bring a wedding week survival kit, aspirin, off, aloe Vera, emergenC (all travel size) in a sealed gift pouch. I was wondering if any brides knew of any issues I would encounter with customs?

Any info would be great. BTW I am getting married at the Jellyfish but we will be staying at Dreams Palm Beach in Punta Cana.

#2 Cassie South

Cassie South
    • Vendor
    • 97 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Hi Maria,

I haven't actually been to the Dominican Republic, but I've travelled to at least 20 countries with all of the things you listed in my bags (I tend to attract sunburns and hangovers!) without any issues. Providing all liquids are packed in your checked bags (obviously there are liquid / gel restrictions on international flights) and in sealed gift pouches you should be good to go. Make sure your Off is in a pump style bottle, you cannot fly with aerosol cans!

Here is a link to what the current customs form for the Dominican Rebublic looks like... 

Providing you declare these little gifts to customs I reckon you'll be just fine. If you are really worried, post an exact list and I'll flick an email to our Dominican Republic Sales Manager..!

Ginger @ Blue Petal

#3 nairay

• 156 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 12:27 PM

From what I've read around the forums, it shouldn't be a problem...if they end up searching your bags, some brides have busted out the receipts for the items, which may help.

#4 Dmitri_Markine

• Vendor
        • 2,782 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:47 PM

It's not a problem at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users