Photo

OK to use the Boarding Pass Template for Actual Invites?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:02 PM

I had already come up with my invitation design ... but have fallen in love with the Boarding Pass STD's so many of you have done.

So ... is it okay to use those Boarding Pass templates for the actual invitations (since my postcard STD's already went out this past spring)?

I showed Tom what I was doing last night and he thought it was cool, but my Mom thinks some people might think its too informal or even tacky, especially for our older family members.

What do you think?

BOARDING PASS INVITE: I'm attaching what I have so far (the "Return Ticket" would actually be last as the RSVP card that can be sent back as a postcard ... but I have it in the wrong order on here).

MORE FORMAL INVITE: Also attached. Pretty straightforward, except it will be on smaller paper and trimmed down.

I would also include a single page "newsletter" type form with the more detailed information in either invitation.

Attached Files

#2 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 3,754 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:33 PM

I'm confused.. you want to make the boarding pass as your formal invite, correct? Not the passports?

These are the formal passport invitations that Anny and Fotoni made.
      Anny's Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Natasha made them for her STD's http://bestdestinati....ns-anny-2.html

#3 foxytv

foxytv
      • VIP Member
      • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

Sorry, oops. I meant Boarding Pass!

I am losing it tonight...

#4 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:45 PM

I say go for it. I love creative invites. I don't think older guest will think they are tacky. I actually think they will enjoy them the most. I made some crazy invites for a wedding shower that I was worried some people would hate. Once they went out I got a bunch of phone calls from people saying they were so cool. The older ladies liked them too. They were in clear envelopes so the addresses were written on colorful paper inside. I think as long as the invites are clear & easy to understand, people will like them & appreciate your creativity.

My former boss got an invite that was a plastic box full of water and plastic fish. You read the invite through the water. Unfortunately something went wrong with hers & the water was dark brown & smelled bad. It was hard to read the invite through it. But she still thought it was awesome because it was so original.

#5 AmyInMI

AmyInMI
          • 547 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 11:18 PM

That is exactly what we did Tami! We had planned to do a "formal" invite and the boarding passes as our STD's but since we have a fairly small, intimate group of family going we decided to have fun with it and send the boarding passes. I know they will enjoy receiving the boarding passes more than a formal invite.
            http://i77.photobuck....nsetkiss-1.jpg
            Amy & Aaron
            May 10, 2008
            Dreams Tulum, Riviera Maya, Mexico

#6 Cassondra2009

Cassondra2009
            • 444 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

I think you should use the boarding passes and show your guests how fun and creative you can be. As long as you love them I think you should go for it!

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 08:51 AM

I am planning on using the boarding pass for our formal invite (and include our AHR information on there). I am so for doing whatever you want for your wedding. There are no rules.

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                  I am planning on using the boarding pass for our formal invite (and include our AHR information on there). I am so for doing whatever you want for your wedding. There are no rules.
                  I just finished ours (the template, not the printing...) and have our AHR info on there as well!

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:33 AM

Yeah, I [cough] saved yours to as we like to say on BDW "borrow" it. Hope you don't mind!

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by foxytv
                    I just finished ours (the template, not the printing...) and have our AHR info on there as well!

#10 foxytv

foxytv
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,740 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 09:49 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by carlymcmullen
                      Yeah, I [cough] saved yours to as we like to say on BDW "borrow" it. Hope you don't mind!
                      lol. no worries! thank goodness we have that ability!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users