AHR cancelled! Need advice!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 AshleyL

• 263 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:52 PM

Thanks so much for the advice ladies. I truly appreciate the help
    Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#12 harkatea

• 161 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:08 PM

Oh goodness, that has to be such a tough situation.  I agree with the rest of the girls...perhaps more mixing of groups isn't the greatest option, but instead bringing small groups out to celebrate with you!

#13 traceysteve

• 328 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Has anything changed? I'm really sorry to hear that your big event was spoiled...keep us posted, though. Hang in there.

#14 LisaMatterni

• 718 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:25 PM

Ow. It must be tough for both of you. I'm so sorry to hear about that. Well you could politely tell the invites about the cancellation of the AHR. For sure they will understand your decision.

#15 DramaticAnnie

• 281 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

I like something like this wording, short and sweet:

Originally Posted by nairay 

Sorry to hear about that, what a bummer!  I would keep the wording neutral like above, "Unfortunately, we will be unable to have the AHR as initially planned.  Thank you so much for your love and support!"  Hope everything turns out okay in the end...

I do think that you guys should get the AHR though, and I'm very sorry your families couldn't get along. What about if you secretly worked with like your hubby and a couple of friends and planned a big party reception somewhere and invited your friends only, then you could tell your family your MOH planned it all and surprised you with it? That you had no idea it was going to happen, you were just supposed to meet for dinner,etc. Something like that...

~Married aboard the cruise ship the 'Carnival Dream'~
            ~Carnival Dream Wedding April 28th, 2012, then set sail on a 7 night Caribbean Cruise April 28th-May 5th, 2012~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users