Photo

Teira's Planning Thread!!!! Long & pic heavy!

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 Teira1031

Teira1031
  • 766 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:21 PM

Finally it’s time for my planning thread! We leave in 16 days and it feels so surreal! Posting my planning thread is a little bittersweet because this is what we all wait for, it’s like our final to do but it also means that all the wedding planning is coming to an end.  Like everybody I need to start of my thanking Tammy for this wonderful site! My wedding would not have come together nearly as well if it weren’t for this site. So many of my ideas and inspirations have come from here and all the great brides on here, so thank you all for sharing tips, tricks, ideas & pics.

And a special shout out to my April 2011 Brides! I don’t even want to know where I’d be without you ladies. You have been so amazing and helpful with all things wedding related and even things that a non-wedding related. Here’s to all of our weddings coming up and then all of us moving on to our AHR planning after that!

The Proposal:

FI proposed first thing Christmas morning of 2009 with the most amazing ring!  

01.jpg

The Resort:

We are staying at The Dreams Los Cabos. I stayed here a few years back with my best friend and we had the most amazing time ever. There were 2 or 3 weddings while we were there and they were stunning. I knew from that moment that I wanted to get married there. Once we got the ok from our parents we started the planning process. FI has never been on a tropical vacation so I cannot wait for him to be blown away by this resort and location.  

02.jpg03.jpg04.jpg

Ceremony Location: Beach 

mini-BeachHuppa&LimeGreen.jpg

Reception Location: Cascade Terrace

cascade.jpg

Wedding Colors & Monograms:

I knew that fuchsia was a must-have color in our wedding so after a lot of back and forth we finally decided on fuchsia & orange. I bought 5 monograms for $20 from etsy seller Jennifer Alison 05.jpg06.jpg07.jpg08.jpg09.jpg

Boarding Pass STDs:

Jennifer Alison also designed the digital file for our boarding pass STDs. I printed them on white metallic paper, and made my own ticket jacket for them out of orange metallic paper and then tied them with raffia.  

10.jpg11.bmp

Passport Invitations:

I made these myself with the help of the $10 template from 12.bmp13.bmp

OOT Bags:

I have to say this I am most excited for the guests to get these when they check into their rooms. I’m sure none of them will be expecting them so it’s a great way to show how thankful we are to have them all travel to Mexico with us for our special day.

I purchased the bags from IMG_0257.JPG

Welcome Booklets:

These were a total last minute decision but I am so happy with how they turned out and I know my guests will love them. I actually used the passport template from AyleeBits again for this but turned it to be a landscape instead of portrait. The information included is – welcome letter, resort map, guest arrival & departure information, wedding week events, resort restaurants, photoshare & pub crawl information. Here is the link to my Welcome Booklets thread IMG_0228.JPG

Photography:

I was lucky enough to come across Trisha Faber on this website (Tlseege)! I am so excited for her to do our photography the day of the wedding and also our TTD the next day.  

Flowers:

I bought my real touch bouquet from another BDW Bride and I am in love with it! They are Stargaze lilies, orange gerbera daisies, & pink calla lilies. Our table centerpieces, corsages for the moms & boutonnieres will be based off of this bouquet.  I have been working with Lola at Florenta Flower design, she has been amazing. She responds quick to emails, was great at working with my budget and is so nice!  

15.jpg

Cake:

We’re doing a 2 tiered Tres Leches cake that will be white with fuchsia ribbon around it and pink stargazer lilies on top.  This is from another bride who was married at Dreams Los Cabos and was my inspiration for our cake 

16.jpg

Reception D©cor:

We will have fuchsia & orange organza chair ties, fuchsia organza table overlays, orange organza table runners, fuchsia & orange votive candle holders, orange frames from etsy seller Nikkys Nifty that will have our table numbers in them.  And also a pink frame from Nikkis Niftys (IMG_0215.JPGIMG_0245.JPGIMG_0216.JPG

IMG_0239.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

Guest Book:

I ordered a custom made guest book from Etsy shop Modern Shabby. 17.JPG

Hair Inspiration: 

21.jpg

#2 Teira1031

Teira1031
    • 766 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:25 PM

Wedding Day Accessories:

Hair Flower ordered from etsy seller DK Designs Hawaii 23.jpg

Bracelet bought from Nordstrom 

22.jpg

Shoes from Zappos 

24.jpg

Flip Flops from Nordstrom 

25.jpg

Grooms, dads & ring bearer Attire:

We ordered FI’s attire from 41lsh-FAu5L__SL500_.jpg

gp813371-01vliv01.jpg

#3 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
      • 1,917 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 04:42 PM

Teira everything looks so amazing together. Your hair flower and shoes match perfectly! I'm sure you will have a beautiful wedding and your guests will enjoy every minute. Hugs from one April bride to another. 

Do you have a template for your table numbers?

#4 kerrib

kerrib
        • 207 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

Wow, such a beautiful planning thread and I bet your wedding will be fantastic. I LOVELOVELOVE your shoes Congrats!!!

#5 lisadias

lisadias
          • 1,116 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:18 PM

Teira WOW everything looks amazing. Great job! Your guest will be blow away. Congrats from one April bride to another! I really want to do a welcome book and downloaded a bunch of templates but time is running out. I am going to check yours out now. I love the passport idea! :)

#6 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
            • 349 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Everything looks great! Can't wait to see your pictures when you return!!!

#7 DanniS

DanniS
              • 145 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:35 PM

Teira I love your hair style that you are choosing for your wedding! Congrats and cannot wait to see pics when you get back!  Have fun!

#8 bryanandchar

bryanandchar
                • Site Supporter
                • 165 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:22 PM

Teira - Everything looks sooooo great! Good job on putting it all together!! You will have an amazing trip and I can't wait to read about it all when you get back!

April 2011 brides all the way!! Congrats!!

#9 baileybride2b

baileybride2b
                  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:26 PM

Great job!!!! Everything looks fantastic!  It is going to be a beautiful day and well worth all the hard work (and moolah)!!

#10 Amanda+Dave

Amanda+Dave
                    • 509 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:51 PM

Love the hair inspiration!!! I saved it to my wedding folder. Very pretty.

Everything looks amazing! Congrats and enjoy your big day!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users