Has anyone purchased their dress and hated it when it came in?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 JayKay

• 3,472 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
  • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
  • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 24 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

I was worried after I ordered my dress that I wouldn't like it when it came in as I thought it might be to big and poufy and hot.  But when It came in I fell in love again!  I was planning on going to puchase a different dress it I didn't like it though!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

wow...i'm a 2 dress bride..not because i didn't like my first dress rather i just didn't think it was THE dress that went with my destination..so i went and purchased another dress for the wedding.  my first dress is lovely but it wasn't a real 'showstopper'...i'll end up wearing it at the reception and for our "stateside/courthouse" ceremony.  good luck with your dress shopping...and happy planning!!!  R~

#22 mexicobride422

• 158 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 04:27 PM

=/ I hope this doesn't happen to me.. I bought the first dress I tried on.. LOL.. Crazy I know.. I did try on many after but I kept coming back to my first one and last one.. I was torn I admit.. But after the veil and some jewelry I picked the first one..

The sample size was like three sizes bigger than what I needed but even when I pulled it back and tried to make it tighter I just saw myself how I would want to look on that day..

I am sooooo eager to try it on MY dress when it comes in the fall...

I just hope I still love it..

I have known a lot of brides to change their mind when their dress does come in.. I think so much time goes by between you trying on the dress and then it finally coming in.. But I truly believe that if you find the one, you will still feel that way..

#23 JenFL

• 49 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I'm anxious this will be me. I had a dress on that I thought was fantastic. In the store everyone agreed - it was a showstopper. But because it was a lot more dress than I had thought I wanted for a destination wedding (it has a long detailed train) I decided to think about it and maybe look around some more. My mom sent me the pictures from that day's shopping and I couldn't believe how awful I thought I looked in it!!! Not one of the dresses that were a contender looked good when I looked back on them. Now I have to start from scratch again and am getting anxiety over this!

#24 mochamakes3

• 1,917 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:45 AM

I ordered my first dress because I liked it, and was worried that if I waited any longer I wouldn't be able to get any dress. While I was waiting I kept looking, and trying on dress, didn't like anything. When it arrived, it was nice but I didn't feel like a bride and certainly didn't love it. Then MIL ordered her dress with a similar skirt, so I knew for sure that I wanted to find something else. I still kept looking and hoping I would find something I liked, after 100 dresses I never found anything I loved. And I was willing to spend anything at this point. I ordered a custom dress that had all the qualities I was looking for. I was terrified it would show up and I wouldn't like it. I didn't show up until the week before we were leaving, so I was lucky that the only alteration I wanted was a sweetheart neckline. I didn't love it, but it looked nice and I had obviously run out of time.

I'm secretly hoping that in 10 or 15 years we will do a vow renewal and I can have the time to find a dress that I do love.

#25 J and G 2012

J and G 2012
        • 423 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:52 AM

So I don't "Hate" mine, but I didn't have that "this is th eone" feeling either. I got a really good deal on it, and it's perfect for our location, as it very light and simple. I need to find a really nice belt/sash to dress it up, oh and lose 10lbs!

#26 futuremrstgun

• 995 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:11 AM

i wasn't THRILLED with my first one...but my daughters loved it so i got it..i loved the idea of having my daughters involved with purchasing my dress but i wasn't  feeling like it had the WOW factor that i wanted for our beach wedding so i bought another one..i'll wear the first dress for our stateside ceremony and THE ONE for our destination wedding...i'm thrilled with both dresses, now! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users