Need help on Timeline for Wedding Day!!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 beckyandbrian

• 113 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:24 PM

Okay...so, I am scheduling my hair and makeup appoinments and have some questions. How much time did you/are you going to allow for hair and makeup? Did/will you you schedule your makeup and hair in your hotel room? Did you/will you do makeup or hair first? How much time did you/will you allow to dress? What is sufficient so that I am not rushing around?

Finally, for any of you who plan on or have already decided to get a pedicure/manicure for the wedding day, did you do it the day of the wedding or before?

Thanks for all of your help!
    Our wedding slideshow: www.elizabethmedina.com/beckybrian

#2 Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 6,996 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 07:42 PM

I did not want to feel rushed on the wedding day, so I schueduled my day as follows:

1:00- Hair appointment at resort spa. I went to the spa and drank champagne. I went all by myself and it was very relaxing.
      2:30- Back to room to do makeup myself. My MOH, friends, and the moms started trickling in around 3:00. I finished my makeup around 3:30.
      4:00- Photographer showed up and checked in with me, took a few candids and went to photograph the guys.
      4:30- Photographer came back to me, took pics of me getting into my dress, and some formal shots of me.
      The ceremony started at 5:30

I got a mani/pedi at home before the wedding, so it was about 5 days before. It still looked great the day of.

Hope that helps!

#3 Janet

• VIP Member
      • 7,459 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:25 PM

I did hair/makeup at 1 and ceremony at 4:30. I wish I had an extra hour in there (more like Sarah's!). And I got a mani/pedi at home too, so 4 days before. That was fine, really.

I wanted to spend time with my friends and fam on the day of, not stuck in the salon alone!

#4 REBECCA

• VIP Member
        • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:03 PM

I had my manicure and pedicure the morning of. Did a little workout, then had my manicure & pedicure, then met my friend in the spa (about an hour later) just before going back to the room to meet my hair/makeup girl.

She started me at 1:30 and the photographer was scheduled to show up at 4:00. I felt alittle rushed at the end, so, I would say 3 hours would be good. She did my make up first, then my hair.

Alexander & Juliette - Born 3/15/09</center>

#5 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

We did a couples massage at 11:00, then took a stroll on the beach, I met with Missy at 2:00 and we ate lunch and then went @ 3:00 to get my hair done (took about an hour for hair) I did my own makeup, and had a mani & Pedi before I left for Cabo, however I did have the resort salon write "I do" on my toes (that took her 15 minutes,, don't ask *rolling eyes*) Juan met me in my room at 4:45, for a few pictures and then I met Cain at 5:00 for our pre-ceremony pictures, ceremony was at 6:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users