Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2013 Brides??


  • Please log in to reply
590 replies to this topic

#131 Dominican Ally

Dominican Ally
  • Jr. Member
  • 400 posts

    Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:25 PM


    I feel ya! I'm 28, and while I'm sure our group will enjoy a bit of partying during our wedding week - there is a BIG difference between a spring break party week, and our wedding :)

    I think I have finally decided on Ocean Blue, and see that their site now says that they do not take student group bookings :)
     

    Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

    I am 27 and in now way would I like to be caught with spring breakers (I do have two friends that are going on Spring Break!), I like to party, do not get me wrong, but spring break and My wedding do not mix, no way! lol

     



     



     


    Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

    49 Guests booked, and counting...


    #132 mrsrepp

    mrsrepp
    • Newbie
    • 41 posts

      Posted 25 January 2012 - 08:25 PM

      When is spring break over? i'm looking into March 29, 2013 and was hoping/assuming that they'd be done by then ... anyone know?  My school always had spring break the first week of March and the bigger schools in my area were the week after us (we were a small private college in southwestern VA).



      #133 CourtandMatt

      CourtandMatt
      • Jr. Member
      • 366 posts

        Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:59 AM


        I will let everyone know what I think.  I am sure we will love it!  It looks amazing and there are great reviews!  I also want to mention that my TA, who is a family friend, HIGHLY recommends weddings in PC.  She was really trying to get us to marry in PC, but I said that if I go to PC I have to go to Hard Rock.  She said that Hard Rock would be best for us to then do just for my FI bday and instead marry in Jamaica (even though she reallyyy recommends PC).  Not to make myself more complicated but I have a rule that I don't go to the same city/country twice (life is too short and there are so many places to explore) unless I have a family member or close friend living there so that is why one is in PC and the other is in Jamaica.  I know - complicated - but its my life/travel rule.  

         

        About spring break - Easter in 2013 is end of March so I assume most college spring breaks will be in March or at the very most the first week of April.  However, please note that it is my understanding that high school spring breaks are through April (but of course that is a different type of group).  My FI's mom who is a former teacher said that in 2013 her school's spring break is around April 20.  

         

        Originally Posted by ntlsnow 

        I am meeting with my TA today, I am nervous and excited. I plan on chosing my hotel this weekend so I can get everything going ASAP since it is next January.

        You are going to the Hard Rock in April??? You will have to let me know what you think of it!! I am excited to hear your opinion...good or bad!

        My fiance is really leaning towards that hotel because we are a younger group, that likes to party...pretty late. LOL. I also was reading that you may be able to get your service in English but it is hard to. I did not think about that. But we are pretty much set on PC...just not the hotel.

         



         



         



        #134 Dominican Ally

        Dominican Ally
        • Jr. Member
        • 400 posts

          Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:39 AM


          I think spring break can be March, all the way through April depending on the school, and location. Easter long weekend is also around the time you are thinking.....I was originally wanting the last week of March 2013, but have changed, on the advice of my TA to deparing the week of April 6th. I'm not sure if it is the same in Mexico - but she strongly urged us to stay away from the Easter weekend all together in the Dominican, as it is their biggest holiday, and not a great time to travel.

           

          What I did, to be safe, was I chose a hotel that specifically states on their website that they don't do student groups. I think they had an issue (through checking tripadvisor) with a group of Michigan Highschool students the first week of april a few years back,and so many people complained they eliminated student groups from booking.

           

          Happy planning!

          Originally Posted by mrsrepp 

          When is spring break over? i'm looking into March 29, 2013 and was hoping/assuming that they'd be done by then ... anyone know?  My school always had spring break the first week of March and the bigger schools in my area were the week after us (we were a small private college in southwestern VA).



           


          Can't wait to marry my best friend on April 11, 2013!

          49 Guests booked, and counting...


          #135 JessiTaylor

          JessiTaylor
          • Jr. Member
          • 296 posts

            Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:51 AM



            Originally Posted by mrsrepp 

            When is spring break over? i'm looking into March 29, 2013 and was hoping/assuming that they'd be done by then ... anyone know?  My school always had spring break the first week of March and the bigger schools in my area were the week after us (we were a small private college in southwestern VA).


            Easter sunday is march 31st so as march 29th would be part of easter week.Think thats also when people have holidays  possibly including spring break? I was initially considering April 6th 2013 but my finance pointed out that if we wait a few weeks (april 27th or may 4th) then prices move from high to low season in mexico and the difference can be up to 50 dollars cheaper a night for hotels! (no idea about flights). Since the date didnt have a special significance for me im now going for May 4th!

             



            #136 ntlsnow

            ntlsnow
            • Jr. Member
            • 204 posts

              Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:59 AM


              That was a great idea to go to a hotel that does not allow student groups! Then you can still have the week you want. I think changing it from March to April 6th will also save you quite a bit of money on the flights. Like hundreds of dollars! I hope that is the case for you. :-)
               

              Originally Posted by Dominican Ally 


              I think spring break can be March, all the way through April depending on the school, and location. Easter long weekend is also around the time you are thinking.....I was originally wanting the last week of March 2013, but have changed, on the advice of my TA to deparing the week of April 6th. I'm not sure if it is the same in Mexico - but she strongly urged us to stay away from the Easter weekend all together in the Dominican, as it is their biggest holiday, and not a great time to travel.

               

              What I did, to be safe, was I chose a hotel that specifically states on their website that they don't do student groups. I think they had an issue (through checking tripadvisor) with a group of Michigan Highschool students the first week of april a few years back,and so many people complained they eliminated student groups from booking.

               

              Happy planning!



               



               



              #137 ntlsnow

              ntlsnow
              • Jr. Member
              • 204 posts

                Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:00 AM


                Flights are definitley cheaper after Spring Break, everything is cheaper before and after!
                 

                Originally Posted by JessiTaylor 


                Easter sunday is march 31st so as march 29th would be part of easter week.Think thats also when people have holidays  possibly including spring break? I was initially considering April 6th 2013 but my finance pointed out that if we wait a few weeks (april 27th or may 4th) then prices move from high to low season in mexico and the difference can be up to 50 dollars cheaper a night for hotels! (no idea about flights). Since the date didnt have a special significance for me im now going for May 4th!

                 



                 



                #138 Goldielochs47

                Goldielochs47
                • Newbie
                • 29 posts

                  Posted 31 January 2012 - 06:32 AM

                  I am renewing my vows for our 25th wedding anniversary 17 Feburary 2013. We want to do a Mayan Wedding or a Cosmic Wedding has anyone done this before. We were thinking of doing it at the ElDorado Casitas



                  #139 Goldielochs47

                  Goldielochs47
                  • Newbie
                  • 29 posts

                    Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

                    I am having mine at El Dorado Casitas in Cancun 17 February 2013.



                    #140 marilili

                    marilili
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 200 posts

                      Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:55 PM

                      Hi there! I'm a January 2013 bride!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users