Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BellaSposa

Any other 2013 Brides??

Recommended Posts

Another 2013 Bride - July 2013, and it seems like it's so very far away!!  Even crazier that I am planning this so far in advance, but it's fun, and exciting to see my Fiance getting so involved in all of the planning details.

 

We have booked our DW at the Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Wow Katie! I can't imagine what you must be going through - but it sure sounds like you and your FI are amazing people! I wish your FI a speedy recovery, and positive vibes to both of you to get through all of this! Your post was indeed, very inspiring! I think that it is amazing that you two are powering through this, being positive, and planning your wedding!  When you two are standing up there getting married next year, the journey you've been on will make it all just that much more amazing on your special day!

 

You bring up a great point about their being a thread for people dealing with illness in the midst of planning their wedding. I have actually been ill for the past year, and off work. I just finally got back to work a month ago, and I was immediately full steam ahead to plan my wedding, since I was heading back to work and feeling better! We had originally wanted to get married this year, but an entire year of being ill really did set us back. I went through many tests, specialists, more specialists, and a whole lot of boredeom and stress being off work and ill. It drove me nuts to finally be engaged, and not be able to plan my wedding :(

 

I thought I was in the clear to start planning the wedding since I was finally back to work and had the next year to continue to get healthier....only to be set back the past week and a half with my illness. I was so inspired by your post, because just today I was thinking to myself, that perhaps I should postpone the wedding yet again. I really do want to power through, because I don't want to wait one more day to marry my man, and spend a week in the sun with my dearest friends and family.

 

Here is to health and happiness for all brides, and grooms out there! Thanks for sharing your story - and again, I wish you and your FI all the best!

 

Alicia

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by katiemac View Post

Hi Everyone again and congrats to the new joiners!

 

I was reading this page on Valentine's Day, and everyone was so happy that I did not post.  My FI has been battling cancer since April of 2012.  He has had chemo, one minor and two major surgeries.  We were under the impression he was in the clear.  We picked our resort, ordered STDs, made our wedding website and picked our bridal party. My FI began experiencing headaches that were abnormal.  I emailed his oncologist and an MRI was ordered. On Valentine's Day, we were called and told that he had a 4cm brain tumor and to go to the hospital immediately.  We have been so positive, but when you hear brain surgery, I thought the worst.  He still made an effort to make me smile and happy on Valentine's Day even though we were in the hospital.  The surgery was this morning.  He looks great.  They got the tumor.  He has no side effects that we were warned of.  It is amazing.  The neurology team is amazing and sensitive and patient.  We are waiting for the pathology to confirm that the tumor is cancer, and he has to start radiation if so.  

 

I am sharing this because I searched BDW site for a group for the people that are planning their wedding in the midst of illness.  There didn't seem to be any.  Not to preach, but cherish your health, and the health of your partner.  I felt like the luckiest woman on earth today when I saw him in recovery.  I share my story, because I know people will wish him the best.  And we need that!

 

On a lighter note, I am pumped to go back to planning.  I came back from the hospital today to find my STDs delivered.  It looks like I will have something to keep me busy while I keep him company in the hospital--carefully print the addresses of my favourite people on the planet to invite to my DW in Mexico.  

 

Keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that this is nearly the end of our journey with cancer.

 

I hope this was inspiring rather than depressing.  

 

Katie



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Katie- I can't imagine what you are trying to get through.  I am glad everything is working out for you and you both have each other.  I wish you both the best, and thank you for sharing your story.  Can't wait to see pictures of you both tying the knot.  Warm wishes from Chicago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Peach!  I think we will probably go down to Mexico Monday of that week and stay for 1 week/10days depending on what we decide for our honeymoon.  Thanks for the heads up on the travel agent.  It just seems she wants our $$, but no deals for us.  

I saw in one of your earlier posts about a before you leave brochure, what kind of details are you including?  Are you just mailing it out?

Cheers and Congrats on your upcoming wedding.  You seem so organized, its making me jealous!  Teach me please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol, no worries! I may seem organized, but that does not feel the case. I am the kind of person who starts getting lots of stuff done, but have problems finishing those activities/projects, etc...

BUT I can certainly post a copy of what I have so far for our mail-out brochure. It is going to go out about 6-8 weeks (theoretically) in advance of our trip, so I have LOTS of time to change things, which I know I will. For example, I found cute paper pads with headings like "What to pack" and "Don't forget", so I think I will post those lists on there instead.

But anyway, as it stands, this is what I have so far...

 

Hmm, I just realized you do not have 150 posts yet - I will send you a PM as well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Originally Posted by bride81 View Post

Thanks Peach!  I think we will probably go down to Mexico Monday of that week and stay for 1 week/10days depending on what we decide for our honeymoon.  Thanks for the heads up on the travel agent.  It just seems she wants our $$, but no deals for us.  

I saw in one of your earlier posts about a before you leave brochure, what kind of details are you including?  Are you just mailing it out?

Cheers and Congrats on your upcoming wedding.  You seem so organized, its making me jealous!  Teach me please :)



 

brochure.docx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alicia,

 

Thank you so much.  Your story is so inspiring too...maybe we should start a thread for people in our situations.  I don't think that you should post-pone your wedding.  So far we have not.  My FI actually proposed when he finished an 20 aggressive chemotherapy session over the course of 3 months.  Our wedding has given us something to look forward to.  A silver lining of sorts.  I must say, he doesn't so much as plan like I do, but I know he likes that I am all over it!

 

I hope that your setback is only minor.  I know it is hard being off work, as Graydon has also been off since April.  I hope that you will keep me updated on your progress in regards to your health and planning.  Just keep looking forward to that amazing week in paradise with a bunch of people that you love around you.  

 

Katie
 

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post



Wow Katie! I can't imagine what you must be going through - but it sure sounds like you and your FI are amazing people! I wish your FI a speedy recovery, and positive vibes to both of you to get through all of this! Your post was indeed, very inspiring! I think that it is amazing that you two are powering through this, being positive, and planning your wedding!  When you two are standing up there getting married next year, the journey you've been on will make it all just that much more amazing on your special day!

 

You bring up a great point about their being a thread for people dealing with illness in the midst of planning their wedding. I have actually been ill for the past year, and off work. I just finally got back to work a month ago, and I was immediately full steam ahead to plan my wedding, since I was heading back to work and feeling better! We had originally wanted to get married this year, but an entire year of being ill really did set us back. I went through many tests, specialists, more specialists, and a whole lot of boredeom and stress being off work and ill. It drove me nuts to finally be engaged, and not be able to plan my wedding :(

 

I thought I was in the clear to start planning the wedding since I was finally back to work and had the next year to continue to get healthier....only to be set back the past week and a half with my illness. I was so inspired by your post, because just today I was thinking to myself, that perhaps I should postpone the wedding yet again. I really do want to power through, because I don't want to wait one more day to marry my man, and spend a week in the sun with my dearest friends and family.

 

Here is to health and happiness for all brides, and grooms out there! Thanks for sharing your story - and again, I wish you and your FI all the best!

 

Alicia

 

Quote:



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Thanks Katie!

 

I think maybe we should start a thread. You are better with words than I am - and your story is more inspiring, so perhaps you should start it :)  I will absolutely contribute! Hopefully if there are others searching for such a thread, they come across ours, and we can all support each other!

 

I love the way that you are looking at the whole situation, it has given me new energy, and I've even designed (or started designing), our wedding logo today!

 

We can use a new thread to keep each other posted, and reach out to others dealing with illness and trying to plan a wedding.

 

Alicia

Originally Posted by katiemac View Post

Alicia,

 

Thank you so much.  Your story is so inspiring too...maybe we should start a thread for people in our situations.  I don't think that you should post-pone your wedding.  So far we have not.  My FI actually proposed when he finished an 20 aggressive chemotherapy session over the course of 3 months.  Our wedding has given us something to look forward to.  A silver lining of sorts.  I must say, he doesn't so much as plan like I do, but I know he likes that I am all over it!

 

I hope that your setback is only minor.  I know it is hard being off work, as Graydon has also been off since April.  I hope that you will keep me updated on your progress in regards to your health and planning.  Just keep looking forward to that amazing week in paradise with a bunch of people that you love around you.  

 

Katie
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay Alicia!

 

I am glad to know that my post gave you some energy! I love that!!!  To make this thread, we should name it.  Any ideas on the name?  And by the way, I think that you are fantastic with words.

 

My FI came home today.  Only one day after surgery!  Isn't that wild?  He is sleeping, eating, laughing, kissing....I am amazed.  We are still hoping that the cancer is secondary from his original cancer, rather than primary.

 

Let me know what you think, and continue to thrive off that energy.  You will make amazing things!

 

Katie
 

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post



Thanks Katie!

 

I think maybe we should start a thread. You are better with words than I am - and your story is more inspiring, so perhaps you should start it :)  I will absolutely contribute! Hopefully if there are others searching for such a thread, they come across ours, and we can all support each other!

 

I love the way that you are looking at the whole situation, it has given me new energy, and I've even designed (or started designing), our wedding logo today!

 

We can use a new thread to keep each other posted, and reach out to others dealing with illness and trying to plan a wedding.

 

Alicia



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Katie!

 

Fantastic news that your FI came home today! Just proof of the power of positivity! It is truly amazing that one day after surgery he is home, and sounding very much like he is in great spirits. Wishing him a continued speedy recovery, and my fingers are crossed for you to get the news you are hoping for.

 

I have been completely addicted to designing a logo today. I'm still not sure if I will go with one of my own creations, or choose a stock one from a designer. I've honestly just been happy to have this boost of ambition to do things wedding related, and I'm going with it! I am convinced that my FI thinks I am crazy after I bombarded him with my logos this evening. He can't imagine why I would want to spend so much time on a logo, nor does he even understand why we need it. He's too cute...and such a man! LOL! I do have to say, that it makes my life easier to basically be able to do whatever I want. He is super happy that I am paying attention to all of the little details - and I am happy that I don't have to run every little thing by him. I must admit, that I do like his input though, and he is very good at letting me know that I'm doing a great job with everything.  

 

I'm not sure on a name for a new thread. Probably something simple with the keyword "illness". Maybe something as simple as "Planning your wedding, while dealing with illness", or "Illness while wedding planning - support thread".  I'm really not sure - totally open to your ideas!

 

I should really get off of the computer and get some sleep - it is too easy to end up staying up far too late wrapped up in this forum - but it is so addictive. I love collecting ideas, and sharing information :)

 

Alicia

Originally Posted by katiemac View Post

Okay Alicia!

 

I am glad to know that my post gave you some energy! I love that!!!  To make this thread, we should name it.  Any ideas on the name?  And by the way, I think that you are fantastic with words.

 

My FI came home today.  Only one day after surgery!  Isn't that wild?  He is sleeping, eating, laughing, kissing....I am amazed.  We are still hoping that the cancer is secondary from his original cancer, rather than primary.

 

Let me know what you think, and continue to thrive off that energy.  You will make amazing things!

 

Katie
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Another option is to find an app that allows for group talk. This Wedding Party App looks pretty neat. https://apracticalwedding.com/wedding-party-app/ 
    • Hi Everyone, So, I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I never sold off my extra wedding OOT bag stuff from our wonderful DW.   46 Daily Spanish for Dummies 30 Pool colored OOT fabric bags - approximately 13in x 13in. They lay flat.  I used them for our wedding and they were perfect for everything we needed to fit in each bag. There’s a slight shade variation in the group; I’m guessing some were cut from a different bolt of fabric.  They are also a little wrinkled from storage and will probably be wrinkled from shipping. I have three additional ones, but they somehow got something on them (likely toddler related). If needed, I can try to wash it out and send those as well. 
    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
  • Topics

×