Any other 2013 Brides??

BellaSposa

Wow! Glad to see there are others in my boat. I was engaged September 2011, and was going to originally get married Sept., 2012, but had to push my date back til May 2013 because of grad school, graduation this May, etc. I thought I was one of the few having a really long engagement and long planning process.

At times, I feel that I'm planning a bit too soon since its still over a year away. Any ideas on timeline on getting things done?

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also a 2013 bride! My Fiancé and I are planning for a July wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica! As we've immediate family who teach and can't get holiday from school we're having to have our wedding during the school vacation (I'm not sure if the US and Jamaican Summer break falls between July-Sept as it does here in the UK???) it does affect our flight costs somewhat but what can you do?? My head is spinning with ideas and this website is most definitely a Godsend! I've not secured a venue yet but we've always dreamt of getting married on the beach. I'm struggling to figure out whether it's more cost effective to get married at a private villa or at an all inclusive hotel?! We're likely to be a party of 60 so it should be very interesting lol! :confused::D Congrats to you all...new brides and born again brides renewing your vows!!!

Congratulations everybody!

We just booked our wedding in Mexico for March 2013!  I am excited, yet a little nervous about the Spring Break thing as well.  There are some kids and teachers in our group, so we actually had to book during the March Break for high schoolers in some Canadian provinces.  I have been told by one person on this site that the resort we have booked at is too far away from Cancun to attract the party animals.  Don't get me wrong, our group will certainly give students a run for there money, but I don't want a chaotic week if some guests are looking for relaxation!!!

I love this site so far!

Katiemsnparty.gif

Welcome QuintanaV!    welcome.gif

A long engagement is GREAT!  Give you plenty of time to plan!  I think it's never too soon to plan!  I am 2 months in (engaged Christmas 2011) and basically all I have done is picked a resort, date (waiting on school to confirm break for date), chose colors & found a dress.  AS far as a timeline, I have been just reading through this forum and writing down a slew of ideas!!!!  I am keeping a journal...and bought a planning book on Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Destination-Wedding-Planner-Ultimate-Planning/dp/0811866734/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1329144217&sr=8-1

I am feeling a little overwhelmed, but know once I have my date booked and confirmed, I can roll out my plan.  I am assuming my next step would to get the STD's out & the website complete.  I am hoping then this site will just guide me the rest of the way (I am addicted to it! LOL)

The group of women on here are amazing & more than generous with information & advice..I am sure someone will be taking the time to share a timeline with you.

Happy Planning & see you around the forum!  

Originally Posted by QuintanaV View Post

Wow! Glad to see there are others in my boat. I was engaged September 2011, and was going to originally get married Sept., 2012, but had to push my date back til May 2013 because of grad school, graduation this May, etc. I thought I was one of the few having a really long engagement and long planning process.

At times, I feel that I'm planning a bit too soon since its still over a year away. Any ideas on timeline on getting things done?

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!  My FI and I are getting married in Montego Bay at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in May 2013.  BTW - great thinking about school vacation.   Some close people to me are not able to come because of school schedules (I totally forgot considering we have been out of school for years).  

Originally Posted by Aunje View Post

I'm also a 2013 bride! My Fiancé and I are planning for a July wedding in Montego Bay, Jamaica! As we've immediate family who teach and can't get holiday from school we're having to have our wedding during the school vacation (I'm not sure if the US and Jamaican Summer break falls between July-Sept as it does here in the UK???) it does affect our flight costs somewhat but what can you do??
My head is spinning with ideas and this website is most definitely a Godsend! I've not secured a venue yet but we've always dreamt of getting married on the beach. I'm struggling to figure out whether it's more cost effective to get married at a private villa or at an all inclusive hotel?! We're likely to be a party of 60 so it should be very interesting lol! confused.gifcheesy.gif Congrats to you all...new brides and born again brides renewing your vows!!!

Thank you elissae! I will definitely look into purchasing a planning book. I had been meaning to purchase one, but hadn't looked one up. I have a HUGE exam tomorrow since I'm in grad school and have been meaning to make the STD's, but have not had any time. Next on my to-do list is to work on the STD's a bit next weekend and hopefully get the mailed by the end of this month or beginning of March.

I have yet to do my wedding website... So I'll have to definitely get on the ball with that as well!