Any other 2013 Brides??

BellaSposa

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Congratulations to all future and past brides!

I'm planning my wedding for July 2013.

I've gotten quotes from both itravel2000 and a new TA and the prices are quite expensive :( Between $1500 - $1600 taxes in per person for 1 week)

For anyone who are getting married or got married in Punta Cana during the summer - how are/were your rates?

Any suggestions on resorts and canadian airlines would be appreciate.

Jade

jadetruong81@hotmail.com

We just had to change our date from February 18 to May 18 2013, to accommodate some family members and to reduce costs. It is okay though because May 18 is our 11 yr anniversary!!!

We are also in the midst of looking for a new resort since we had originally picked the Barcelo Palace but almost of the guests found it to expensive and we where having a hard time getting anything form the WC I emailed a month ago with no response.  I also found that most other resorts have more reasonable wedding packages.  It is hard though since I had my heart set on it for a long time.

We are looking at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and The Now and the Gran Bahia Tulum.  The Dreams is so far my favorite, and the they have  been great with my questions so far. Any advice????

Also, I too was having a hard time getting prices form my TA even for Feb, she gave me prices for this year but said that I can't get next year until August.  She suggested Air Transat and they have a pre booking number thing but we still can't book until August when the prices come out. Maybe I should look for another TA.

We're doing the Dominican in April 2013, but we are also doing Transat. Flight schedules aren't out yet - but our TA was still about to get us pricing and secure a group booking over a month ago for April 2013. Transat gave us dates, and will hold 30 spots for 90 days with no deposit other than just the bride/grooms.

I don't see why some travel agents get pricing, and some seem to not be able to. Mine recommended doing the pricing now, as she said it may actually be better than waiting until later this year when official pricing comes out. We also get a one time price drop assurance....so if prices do go down - they will match the lower price.....however if they are higher, we still get our quoted/deposited rate.

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 View Post

We just had to change our date from February 18 to May 18 2013, to accommodate some family members and to reduce costs. It is okay though because May 18 is our 11 yr anniversary!!!

We are also in the midst of looking for a new resort since we had originally picked the Barcelo Palace but almost of the guests found it to expensive and we where having a hard time getting anything form the WC I emailed a month ago with no response.  I also found that most other resorts have more reasonable wedding packages.  It is hard though since I had my heart set on it for a long time.

We are looking at the Dreams Riviera Cancun and The Now and the Gran Bahia Tulum.  The Dreams is so far my favorite, and the they have  been great with my questions so far. Any advice????

Also, I too was having a hard time getting prices form my TA even for Feb, she gave me prices for this year but said that I can't get next year until August.  She suggested Air Transat and they have a pre booking number thing but we still can't book until August when the prices come out. Maybe I should look for another TA.

What company is your travel agent with? that's awesome that you get price assurance. I should ask about that, is it with Air Transat?

Originally Posted by Dominican Ally View Post

We're doing the Dominican in April 2013, but we are also doing Transat. Flight schedules aren't out yet - but our TA was still about to get us pricing and secure a group booking over a month ago for April 2013. Transat gave us dates, and will hold 30 spots for 90 days with no deposit other than just the bride/grooms.

I don't see why some travel agents get pricing, and some seem to not be able to. Mine recommended doing the pricing now, as she said it may actually be better than waiting until later this year when official pricing comes out. We also get a one time price drop assurance....so if prices do go down - they will match the lower price.....however if they are higher, we still get our quoted/deposited rate.

She's an independent travel agent with her own agency....but we ended up going through Transat for our packages. If you want her contact info, PM me and I'll give it to you :) She's not local to me, but I wasn't happy with local travel agents, and she came well referred.

Originally Posted by ANGELA2013 View Post

What company is your travel agent with? that's awesome that you get price assurance. I should ask about that, is it with Air Transat?

Thanks for the advice!

I think I am more excited about planning the events of the wedding (ceremony, etc) and I think it is driving everything, like wanting to book the resort now. 

I do think I need to slow down and take my time.  I know that BDW is setting up some webinars on resorts, so hopefully those will help.  I'm just new to all this, and I sometimes think the information overload on DWs doesn't help sometimes huh.gif.

We are  set on Mexico as that is where my FI proposed, and we love it there.  It's just narrowing down the resorts on the Eastern side of the country (most of our guests will be coming from the East coast of the US).  There are so many good ones out there.  I've also been toying with the idea of not having it in a resort and doing something in an estate, but I know a lot more work goes into that.

What made you change your mind about Jamaica?

We just booked our venue for June 2013!  I can share some information about my venue search process, hopefully it'll be helpful to someone. 

Our criteria were: a location in the Caribbean with nonstop flights from the East Coast, can accommodate 50-75 people, children must be allowed, affordable for us (~$100 or less per person for the reception), affordable for our guests, and someplace quiet and natural, not an all-inclusive megaresort. 

Here's the list of places we emailed to ask for details:

Jamaica

- Tensing Pen

- The Caves

- Half Moon

Mexico

- Playa Azul in Tulum

- Playa Azul in Cozumel (not related to the other Playa Azul)

- Las Ranitas

- La Zebra

- Le Reve

- Hotel Jashita

- Ana y Jose

The Caves and Hotel Jashita never got back to us.  Le Reve was stunning, but unfortunately at $200 - $400 a night too expensive for our guests.  Danielle at Half Moon got back to me right away and was super professional, and I loved the villas that they have, but in the end we decided it was also too expensive for our guests.  Plus we weren't crazy about their wedding packages, which included lots of things like boutonnieres that we didn't want.  

Playa Azul, Las Ranitas, La Zebra, and Tensing Pen were all similarly priced, in the $100 - $300 range for hotel accommodations and right around the $100 pp mark for reception.  They all looked beautiful.  But in the end we went with Ana y Jose Beach Club.  It was a pretty easy decision — Ana y Jose had a gorgeous setting, total flexibility (they only mandate that you spend $3500 on food and beverages, everything else is optional), Jackie's professionalism, and the huge benefit that our guests can stay whereever they want. 

Congrats!! This site is the shiz niz :)

Originally Posted by FutureMrsM View Post

SUBMIT

Hello Everyone!!

I recently got engaged on December 4th and have dreamed of a Destination Wedding!!! Last night in talking to my fiance, we decided to look into a Riviera Maya Wedding on March 2013.  (So let the madness begins....) I came across this site and have to admit, I am hooked.  It is full of information!  Having a hard time narrowing the venue as people rave about all resorts in the RIviera Maya.  As we are def trying to remain budget conscious... I welcome any ideas, suggestions, tips etc with anyone that is planning a 2013 wedding as well or has had their wedding there.  The whole thing is definitely overwhelming.