Photo

Guest book postcards in OOT bags

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 niajs

niajs
  • 214 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 04:29 AM

Hi all, like lots of people, I'm planning on including postcards in my OOT bags, one to send back to us for our guest book and one to send to family and friends if they wish.

A question for those who've done this - did you put a stamp on either or both of the cards? I tend to think that they're more likely to send it back if we put a stamp on it but should we stamp the additional one for family and friends or will this just be a waste of money?

#2 snanderson

snanderson
    • Site Supporter
    • 97 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 05:04 AM

I personally would only put a stamp on the one that is addressed to the bride/groom, because some guests may want to include the postcard as a souvenir in their scrapbook and they may feel forced to mail it back if you include a stamp.

11.12.11...On this day I will marry my best friend, the one I laugh with and live for....
      The Couples Resort - Tower Isle
      Ocho Rios, Jamaica

#3 jamie0820

jamie0820
      • 183 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Hmph. 

Well....I only did one postcard in each guest bag.   We put a return address and stamped it with a postcard stamp, and explained what they were for in our welcome letter.

I think we have received 4 of 20 something in the mail.  :(  I'm aggravated.  Just hung up the phone with my mother and she says "i didnt know what they were for, i was just going to keep it on my fridge." 

#4 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
        • 171 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:28 PM

You can lead a horse to water.........very disappointing.  I am in fear of this myself but I'm gonna give it a go.  I am curious though; do we put regular postage for postcards on them or is it more if peeps mail from the resort while we are there???

Originally Posted by jamie0820 

Hmph. 

Well....I only did one postcard in each guest bag.   We put a return address and stamped it with a postcard stamp, and explained what they were for in our welcome letter.

I think we have received 4 of 20 something in the mail.  :(  I'm aggravated.  Just hung up the phone with my mother and she says "i didnt know what they were for, i was just going to keep it on my fridge." 

#5 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
          • Site Supporter
          • 252 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

We just got back and actually, I addressed all our postcards and stamped them and we actually had the basket for them to put the postcards in at the reception. Then I personally took the basket to the front desk and they mailed them home for us. 

09-10-11
            Runaway Bay, Jamaica
            I married my best friend!

#6 jamie0820

jamie0820
            • 183 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

Hahah yes you can lead a horse to water. 

People obviously cant read directions...or don't care to!  I mean ok, its only been a month, but wouldnt you think people would do it right as they were unpacking? 

Boy I could go on and on and on....

#7 LindsayR

LindsayR
              • 173 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

That was a great idea!! That way you knew for certain that you would receive them!!

#8 beachesSB1412

beachesSB1412
                • 171 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

So you mailed them from Jamaica?  Was the postage the same as if you mailed them from US?  Then I just might do this to help assure I receive them - lol.

Originally Posted by cupcake1382 

We just got back and actually, I addressed all our postcards and stamped them and we actually had the basket for them to put the postcards in at the reception. Then I personally took the basket to the front desk and they mailed them home for us. 

#9 Reinita

Reinita
                  • 153 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 05:55 PM

I do love this idea and have been wanting to add them to my OOT bag but now I am second guessing if it will just be a waste of money! It would be so great to receive postards in the mail in the weeks following the wedding. Hmmm. Has anyone had success with this?!? Maybe if I include a little note so people realize what it is actually for...

#10 cupcake1382

cupcake1382
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 252 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

Yep, i took them to the front desk. Postage was a little more. Be careful though they take a lot longer to arrive.

So you mailed them from Jamaica?  Was the postage the same as if you mailed them from US?  Then I just might do this to help assure I receive them - lol.

09-10-11
                      Runaway Bay, Jamaica
                      I married my best friend!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users