Photo

Does anyone know how too ...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Alyssa

Alyssa
  • 11,793 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 02:56 PM

take a logo that is in JPEG format and make the white background disappear?

i am trying to print on colored paper and the white background looks weird!!!

#2 MikkiStreak

MikkiStreak
    • VIP Member
    • 2,347 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:03 PM

I'm assuming your logo came from someone like Creative Montage or Aylee? If so, I'd send it back to them to re-work. It might not be possible, depending on whether the image they used was clipart with a white background, or whether they made the artwork themselves. If they used existing clipart from a website, then they might not be able to modify the code. If they created the artwork from scratch, they should be able to change it.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop or Illustrator, but those programs might be able to select the space around the artwork and then eliminate the background. Not sure tho...

#3 Alyssa

Alyssa
      • 11,793 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 03:12 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by MikkiStreak
        I'm assuming your logo came from someone like Creative Montage or Aylee? If so, I'd send it back to them to re-work. It might not be possible, depending on whether the image they used was clipart with a white background, or whether they made the artwork themselves. If they used existing clipart from a website, then they might not be able to modify the code. If they created the artwork from scratch, they should be able to change it.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop or Illustrator, but those programs might be able to select the space around the artwork and then eliminate the background. Not sure tho...
        maria - i got logos from both aylee and creative montage - this one is from CM - the girl is on vacation. it's the one that is now my avatar. i am going to send it to attilia - he made my engagement party invites and see if he will help me!!

#4 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 06:40 PM

If you find out, please let us know! I'm getting ready to start doing a lot of this printing and will need that same question answered! I got mine from CM and Aylee as well!

#5 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
          • Banned
          • 386 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

If you have photoshop...

here is a good tutorial with pics.

To make a transparent background in Photoshop 5

#6 foxytv

foxytv
            • VIP Member
            • 7,740 posts

Posted 27 August 2007 - 10:07 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jillhigginsphotography
              If you have photoshop...

here is a good tutorial with pics.

To make a transparent background in Photoshop 5
              Awesome! Thanks Jill!!!

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
              • 11,793 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:23 AM

aylee gave me them in the the format (PNG) - i just requested the change from CM to PNG as well

thanks jill!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users