take a logo that is in JPEG format and make the white background disappear?

i am trying to print on colored paper and the white background looks weird!!! smile41.gif

I'm assuming your logo came from someone like Creative Montage or Aylee? If so, I'd send it back to them to re-work. It might not be possible, depending on whether the image they used was clipart with a white background, or whether they made the artwork themselves. If they used existing clipart from a website, then they might not be able to modify the code. If they created the artwork from scratch, they should be able to change it.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop or Illustrator, but those programs might be able to select the space around the artwork and then eliminate the background. Not sure tho...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiStreak View Post
I'm assuming your logo came from someone like Creative Montage or Aylee? If so, I'd send it back to them to re-work. It might not be possible, depending on whether the image they used was clipart with a white background, or whether they made the artwork themselves. If they used existing clipart from a website, then they might not be able to modify the code. If they created the artwork from scratch, they should be able to change it.

I'm not familiar with Photoshop or Illustrator, but those programs might be able to select the space around the artwork and then eliminate the background. Not sure tho...
maria - i got logos from both aylee and creative montage - this one is from CM - the girl is on vacation. it's the one that is now my avatar. i am going to send it to attilia - he made my engagement party invites and see if he will help me!!

If you find out, please let us know! I'm getting ready to start doing a lot of this printing and will need that same question answered! I got mine from CM and Aylee as well!