Jump to content
Misti

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

Recommended Posts

 

 

hey frizzy64,

would you mind PM-ing me the canapes menu?

 

:)


 

Originally Posted by frizzy64 View Post

I have been in contact with the WC a lot over the last few weeks (we fly out in less than 2 weeks!!) and have found out a few things too....however i know for a fact that she changes her prices based on who she is talking to and therefore some of you my have different answers to me!  

 

* You can have your own ipod system for a beach party or pool reception but they tend to find it is not loud enough to hear

* you can hire a dj system without a dj for you to play your own music but it is not much cheaper than an actual Dj!

* The DJ will play any music you like and has a dock for ipods

* The vendor fee for any outside vendor is $350

* If you have a beach party Tiki torches are included BUT the next email said they were no longer used!!!!

* You can hire a catamaran to take your guests on a boat ride around the island at a cost of $85 per person

* Canapes are available for after your ceromony starting from $11 pp ( i have the menu if anyone want it)

 

 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



I didn't realize they did them at 5pm.  Good for you!  Mine is at 4pm.

My balance was due 45 days prior to leaving (which is two weeks from tomorrow!)

Originally Posted by Misti View Post


5 pm.  I cannot wait!!!!!!! 

Quote:



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hutchets...I think they changed the times for ceremonies.  Mine is at 3pm. 

 

Misty - you should check with your travel agent.  Ours is due two months prior to departure date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they did change the times.  I got married there last month.  My ceremony was supposed to be at 4 pm.  It was only until I arrived at the resort and during my meeting with the WC that I found out my ceremony was changed to 3 pm.  I was told that my ceremony was at 3 pm all along but of course I had all my previous correspondence and confirmation emails.  Anyway, the WC checked the wedding that was booked for 5 pm and said we could keep our 4 pm timeslot since the next wedding only had 4 people (including the bride and groom) so it wouldn't require a lot of time to set up.  I would definitely confirm your ceremony time with the WC prior to your arrival in case you need to make any changes.
 

Originally Posted by bmadzia1 View Post

Hutchets...I think they changed the times for ceremonies.  Mine is at 3pm. 

 

Misty - you should check with your travel agent.  Ours is due two months prior to departure date.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



OMG-I guess I should.  My itinerary states 4pm!  I cannot do 5pm because there won't be time for pictures before the dinner at 6:30.  I guess 3pm would work if it has to. Thanks ladies!

Originally Posted by hiccups View Post

Yes, they did change the times.  I got married there last month.  My ceremony was supposed to be at 4 pm.  It was only until I arrived at the resort and during my meeting with the WC that I found out my ceremony was changed to 3 pm.  I was told that my ceremony was at 3 pm all along but of course I had all my previous correspondence and confirmation emails.  Anyway, the WC checked the wedding that was booked for 5 pm and said we could keep our 4 pm timeslot since the next wedding only had 4 people (including the bride and groom) so it wouldn't require a lot of time to set up.  I would definitely confirm your ceremony time with the WC prior to your arrival in case you need to make any changes.
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Yolanda, thank you so much for sharing your experience and your pictures.  You looked amazing.  I saw in your pictures that you were on a dance floor.  Was that at the club on the resort or one of the restaurants?  I am getting married at the ROR this July and I am having a private ceremony at the Plantation restaurant for 4 hours.  We are also having a DJ and I was wondering what the restaurant looked like and how it would be set up for dancing and all the other wedding activities.  The wedding coordinator sent me some pictures, but I couldn't tell.  Also, what type of room were you getting ready in (standard room, junior suite, etc...)?  I am booked for the junior suite.

 

Any insight that you can provide would me much appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So ladies I have two questions for you first...Do we need tohave voltage adapters? My mother keeps asking me and I keep telling her no but, someone keeps telling her we do????

 

Secondly we are arriving at the resort on a Tuesday with some of our guests ( Actually some will arive about 2 hours before us) and some will be arriving the next day....how are you planning to find everyone? Give them their Welcome bags? This is just one of those little details that keeps bothering me, thanks ladies!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbusby View Post

Hi Yolanda, thank you so much for sharing your experience and your pictures.  You looked amazing.  I saw in your pictures that you were on a dance floor.  Was that at the club on the resort or one of the restaurants?  I am getting married at the ROR this July and I am having a private ceremony at the Plantation restaurant for 4 hours.  We are also having a DJ and I was wondering what the restaurant looked like and how it would be set up for dancing and all the other wedding activities.  The wedding coordinator sent me some pictures, but I couldn't tell.  Also, what type of room were you getting ready in (standard room, junior suite, etc...)?  I am booked for the junior suite.

 

Any insight that you can provide would me much appreciated.


Hi, thanks for the compliments! The pics with dancing/dance floor were taken on the resort in the disco. After our dinner reception at Mammee Bay, we rented the disco for 2 hours privately, before it opened to the public. I was hesitant at first but in the end, I'm glad that we did that. It gave us some time to have fun with our guests privately & the party only got better once it opened up to the public.

In terms of the Plantation, it is pretty big in there & I don't think you have to worry about space. From what I can remember, the tables were set up around the perimeter of the restaurant, leaving the middle open for dancing.

 

We booked a suite because we knew we were going to need the extra space considering all of our luggage/oot stuff, etc. The junior suites are pretty roomy so as long as you're not having that many people come into your room to help you get ready on the day of the wedding, you should be fine. Hope that helps.
 

Originally Posted by mmcst38 View Post

So ladies I have two questions for you first...Do we need tohave voltage adapters? My mother keeps asking me and I keep telling her no but, someone keeps telling her we do????

 

Secondly we are arriving at the resort on a Tuesday with some of our guests ( Actually some will arive about 2 hours before us) and some will be arriving the next day....how are you planning to find everyone? Give them their Welcome bags? This is just one of those little details that keeps bothering me, thanks ladies!


I didn't bring any extra adapters so I don't think you really need them. What would you use them for?

We also arrived on a Tuesday & our guests arrived on Wednesday & Thursday. We had everyone's schedules for when they would arrive so we sat in the lobby & waited for them as their arrival time got close. We loved being there to welcome everyone & to see the expressions on their faces as they got their first look of ROR.

We had a Welcome dinner at St.Ann's & that is when we gave out the oot bags. If you don't want to have a Welcome dinner, you could also ask everyone to meet you in the Lobby bar for Welcome cocktails & you could give out the oot bags then.
 

For those guests who are arriving before you, I would just ask them to meet you at the Lobby Bar or at a restaurant at a specific time. Like if you're arriving at 3pm, I'd ask them to meet up at 4pm.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

mmcst38 - We are handing out "pre-travel" sand pails with everything in them.  I do not want to have to carry my favors/gifts down with the risk of them breaking plus the extra weight of everything.   I just told them all I would be dropping something off this weekend as I leave on 4/13 and they leave 4/14 so now they are getting even more excited!  I have tips in there for them as well that they will need before they leave along with a few things for them to bring down (lanyards, door magnets, gum, mints, etc.)  We are having a meet and greet at 8pm in the Dunn's River bar at 8pm on 4/14 so that information is in the brochure I'm giving them this weekend.  I just want them to know the agenda before we head down there so it will help them plan their own time while there.  I LEAVE IN 5 DAYS!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi All, I have just gotten in touch with a TA and we are in the process of getting quotes for our wedding in either DR or Mexico. Now she said something that I wasn't  aware of and I wonder how others handled this as I just can't believe that we are the only one in this situation. We feel we are asking our guests already a for a lot to come a long way to our wedding (our guests come from Canada and Germany) and there are a few that wouldn't want to miss it (like my partner's brother) but they just don't have a lot of money. Our budget doesn't allow us to chip in for flights and accommodation so we are basically asking everyone to save up money for our big event. Now we are planning the wedding at a resort that I know some of our guests can't (or don't want to) pay for. We were hoping to find a place where guests have the option to book themselves a cheaper hotel or an AirBnB nearby and only come to our wedding. Our TA told us that the resort might not allow that or only for a limited percentage of our guests. That is terrible news for us! I think that a good 50% of our guests will also stay at the resort for one, two or even three weeks but how can we 'force' other people to stay at the hotel of OUR choice?  I get that the resort would charge a fee for day guests and obviously we expect to pay for food and drinks but I didn't know that we would have to agree to a certain percentage of the guests staying at the resort. I don't feel we have control over that. How do others handle that?
    • Quick loan online India with RapidRupee. Get up to 20K in 2 hrs with our quick loan app. Only Aadhar, PAN & Selfie Required! Min. salary just 10K per month. Apply now!
    • Getting married in 10/2020, anyone had a recent wedding here? Asking for some help
    • Hello girls! If you are looking for something to complete your look, I can help you with  hair accessory. You can choose between a vintage one, or a daring one. I really want to support you in your journey of discovering and freely expressing your authentic unique self as a woman.
    • Congratulations Amanda! Did the wedding took place? If not, maybe you can get some inspiration for your look or make a hair accessory that suits you the best. I want to support you in your journey of discovering and freely expressing your authentic unique self as a woman.
  • Topics

×
×
  • Create New...