#901 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 02 August 2013 - 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Lucy79 

That's so horrible! Its a huge resort I'm sure they can accommodate 10 extra people for one day. And to have to wait until the day of the wedding to get an answer is totally ridiculous.  I do not blame you for looking elsewhere, I would have done the same.

I know right! AND its not like they are going to be going to all the resturants. we are renting the Plantation out so they will be in the BIG ass room thats there so whats the difference???? Its absolutly stupid!

#902 taraflynn

taraflynn
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

If I am getting married in October, I should be fine then to have a poolside reception?? This is news to me! Can someone post the email from the hotel about this please? Thank you!!!

#903 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
    • 413 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

GREAT news for me! everything has been sorted out! I am back to being stress free about this! lol :) Biggest tip: get a good travel agent.. Mines the best!

#904 Atrack

Atrack
    • 69 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

GREAT news for me! everything has been sorted out! I am back to being stress free about this! lol :) Biggest tip: get a good travel agent.. Mines the best!

Im glad everything has worked out. yes having a awesome travel agent is key. I have one to and she is awesome to.

#905 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
      • 270 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

I am soooo glad they got you accommodated. of course they were not going to miss out on a good chunk of money. lol unbelievable what money can do!  I am really really happy that your travel agent worked magic.

#906 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
        • 413 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

THANKS GUYS! still didnt get the time thing sorted out.. But Im over that. The wedding will be at 1. Very happy the passes got sorted out!!! Time is sure flying!

#907 Nikki032014

Nikki032014
        • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi this happened to me as well. I had a family with a 9 year old booked into the suite side with the rest of my family, and they have now had to get a full refund as they cannot stay in a standard room due to the size.

Yes this does apply to all amentities on the suite side. I believe the resort offered my adult guests wristbands so that they could go to the adult pool and restaurants, but it doesnt really help if you have a 9 yr old that you cannot leave alone.

#908 Nikki032014

Nikki032014
          • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Newrorbridetobe 

I am getting married in November and have 30 guests joining us. Two of my guests have just been told they can no longer have the upgraded room they have booked with their young daughter as they are turning that side of the hotel into adult only from November! Does this also include all the amenities and restaurants on that side of the hotel?

Hi this happened to me as well. I had a family with a 9 year old booked into the suite side with the rest of my family, and they have now had to get a full refund as they cannot stay in a standard room due to the size.

Yes this does apply to all amentities on the suite side. I believe the resort offered my adult guests wristbands so that they could go to the adult pool and restaurants, but it doesnt really help if you have a 9 yr old that you cannot leave alone.

#909 Newrorbridetobe

Newrorbridetobe
            • 19 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hi this happened to me as well. I had a family with a 9 year old booked into the suite side with the rest of my family, and they have now had to get a full refund as they cannot stay in a standard room due to the size. Yes this does apply to all amentities on the suite side. I believe the resort offered my adult guests wristbands so that they could go to the adult pool and restaurants, but it doesnt really help if you have a 9 yr old that you cannot leave alone.

It's really annoying, as we booked the hotel due to its size, variety of rooms and restaurants and now we're being told half the hotel is out of bounds if you have children!

#910 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
              • 270 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Newrorbridetobe 

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Nikki032014 

It's really annoying, as we booked the hotel due to its size, variety of rooms and restaurants and now we're being told half the hotel is out of bounds if you have children!

this is terrible. hope they get their stuff together...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users