Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#891 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • Jr. Member
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

Thankfully transportation to and from the hotel is included in our price.

 

However for our second week in negril. Since we probably will not be staying at the Riu there, We have to find our way to there.. lol



#892 DANIELLE03

DANIELLE03
  • Jr. Member
  • 413 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
  • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
  • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

Posted 31 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

UGh, Well depending on what information my Travel Agent comes back with in regards to some issues we are having, we now may be having our wedding off resort.

 

SMh



#893 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
  • Jr. Member
  • 270 posts

    Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

    The travel agency said that the cover the transfer... good thing :)



    #894 Lucy79

    Lucy79
    • Jr. Member
    • 176 posts

      Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:55 AM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

      UGh, Well depending on what information my Travel Agent comes back with in regards to some issues we are having, we now may be having our wedding off resort.

       

      SMh

       

      That sucks! What happened? What issues are you having?

      #895 Lucy79

      Lucy79
      • Jr. Member
      • 176 posts

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

        Quote:
        Originally Posted by itswrightsc 


        I have been looking at some of the transport company's I want to be able to pay a company to transport my guest since their paying to come and the hotel doesn't offer it. My plan is the make it fix in the budget... I have a friend who is from Jamaica and his cousin owns a tour company but I don't remember the name right this min will post/ text it later for you and others

         

        Transportation is including in our price as well but I was going to ask my TA about this once I knew how many people were coming for sure. If we are a large group and could fill a bus I would like to arrange our own private bus. The last time we were in Jamaica we waited about an hour and a half for the resort bus to show up and would like to avoid that this time. It was hot and crowded and not the greatest experience. Hopefully she'll be able to arrange something for us.

        #896 DANIELLE03

        DANIELLE03
        • Jr. Member
        • 413 posts
        • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
        • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
        • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

        Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:51 PM

        Originally Posted by Lucy79 

         

        That sucks! What happened? What issues are you having?

        Well there has been more than one lol But I let the first one go.

         

        But now its a issue with realtives coming from the usa or directly in Jamaica. And we wont know if they can come on the resort or not until day of wedding and if the resort is full or not.  so now some guests may not come Because they dont know for sure if they can get in for the wedding.. Understandable I wouldnt want to pay if I cant come for sure. And the reason they arnt staying at the resort is because they want to stay with family in Jamaica as thats home for them. .. so  thinking about moving off resort to ensure that everyone can come.. its a nightmare and annoying..  and this isnt even MY aunt. Its his. and I have to take all the flack.. -sighs-



        #897 Jessica Correa

        Jessica Correa
        • Jr. Member
        • 270 posts

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 12:58 PM

          Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lucy79 

           

          That sucks! What happened? What issues are you having?

          Well there has been more than one lol But I let the first one go.

           

          But now its a issue with realtives coming from the usa or directly in Jamaica. And we wont know if they can come on the resort or not until day of wedding and if the resort is full or not.  so now some guests may not come Because they dont know for sure if they can get in for the wedding.. Understandable I wouldnt want to pay if I cant come for sure. And the reason they arnt staying at the resort is because they want to stay with family in Jamaica as thats home for them. .. so  thinking about moving off resort to ensure that everyone can come.. its a nightmare and annoying..  and this isnt even MY aunt. Its his. and I have to take all the flack.. -sighs-

           

          That is terrible! I did hear that January/ February were peak season. Did you try to call the resort to see if there is any way they could accommodate your guests? Explain to them that you might have to find an off site wedding venue.... Maybe they will try a little harder.



          #898 DANIELLE03

          DANIELLE03
          • Jr. Member
          • 413 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
          • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
          • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

          Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

          Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

           

          That is terrible! I did hear that January/ February were peak season. Did you try to call the resort to see if there is any way they could accommodate your guests? Explain to them that you might have to find an off site wedding venue.... Maybe they will try a little harder.

          I know! I mean 10 ppl shouldnt make a big issue, but nope they are like if its at capacity too bad. So our travel agent is trying to work her magic, and basically will tell them.. listen you are gonna lose out on the money so I mean come on im paying for the private reception lol



          #899 Jessica Correa

          Jessica Correa
          • Jr. Member
          • 270 posts

            Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:43 PM

            Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

             

            That is terrible! I did hear that January/ February were peak season. Did you try to call the resort to see if there is any way they could accommodate your guests? Explain to them that you might have to find an off site wedding venue.... Maybe they will try a little harder.

            I know! I mean 10 ppl shouldnt make a big issue, but nope they are like if its at capacity too bad. So our travel agent is trying to work her magic, and basically will tell them.. listen you are gonna lose out on the money so I mean come on im paying for the private reception lol

             

            oh yea they will def. lose some money. That is terrible. I hope she works her magic. 



            #900 Lucy79

            Lucy79
            • Jr. Member
            • 176 posts

              Posted 01 August 2013 - 04:58 PM

              Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

              Well there has been more than one lol But I let the first one go.

               

              But now its a issue with realtives coming from the usa or directly in Jamaica. And we wont know if they can come on the resort or not until day of wedding and if the resort is full or not.  so now some guests may not come Because they dont know for sure if they can get in for the wedding.. Understandable I wouldnt want to pay if I cant come for sure. And the reason they arnt staying at the resort is because they want to stay with family in Jamaica as thats home for them. .. so  thinking about moving off resort to ensure that everyone can come.. its a nightmare and annoying..  and this isnt even MY aunt. Its his. and I have to take all the flack.. -sighs-

              That's so horrible! Its a huge resort I'm sure they can accommodate 10 extra people for one day. And to have to wait until the day of the wedding to get an answer is totally ridiculous.  I do not blame you for looking elsewhere, I would have done the same.




              Back to Destination Weddings in Jamaica


              0 user(s) are reading this topic

              0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users