Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)

• Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#861 jenn4285

jenn4285
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

Wedding colors of turquoise and coral/orange [ATTACHMENT=14028]wedding.jpg (42k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT] [ATTACHMENT=14029]wedding2.jpg (21k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

Gorgeous!

#862 mrsbrowntobe

mrsbrowntobe
    • 27 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:39 PM

Hi Joanne We are getting Married Nov 27th 2013 to. Our wedding is at 5pm.

I am thinking Nov 28 2014 for our wedding. From what I've been reading, it is just at the end of the hurricane season and therefore I should get cheaper rates. Have you talked to any other November Jamaica brides?

#863 Loreal30

Loreal30
      • 234 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by mrsbrowntobe 

I am thinking Nov 28 2014 for our wedding. From what I've been reading, it is just at the end of the hurricane season and therefore I should get cheaper rates. Have you talked to any other November Jamaica brides?

I chose November 30, 2013 for the exact same reasons that you speak of mrsbrowntobe. End of hurricane season and before peak season :)

#864 Atrack

Atrack
        • 69 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by Loreal30 

I chose November 30, 2013 for the exact same reasons that you speak of mrsbrowntobe. End of hurricane season and before peak season :)

ya thats the same reason why we book our wedding for November 27th 2013.

#865 Atrack

Atrack
          • 69 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:37 AM

Yes i have talk to other brides and they said weather then was awesome. a little rain but it was the end of the hurricane season.

#866 charmed517

charmed517
            • 13 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:28 AM

Does ayone know if the DJ at the disco will take requests or play songs you want when you rent out the disco for the 2 hours? Also, are you allowed to bring your own tulle and decorations for the wedding gazebo? My dad is a florist and is making all the flowers before hand with real touch silk flowers :)

#867 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
              • 270 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by hutchets 

Wedding colors of turquoise and coral/orange

it looks very nice

Attached Files

#868 mrsbrowntobe

mrsbrowntobe
                • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

ladies I have a date confIrmed with my credit card holding it (November 28, 2014). I am living in Fort Mcmurray Alberta. Most guests will be flying from Alberta and Newfoundland. Just heard back from a local TA who specializes in destination weddings. She says that not many Canadian all inclusive travel companies offer packages to Riu resorts. She can fly us out of Edmonton but any fort mac guests will have to book their own travel from here to there. And they won't be offering flights from Newfoundland until sometime in 2015!!! Since the date is over a year away they don't have any rates right now but they provided her with aprojected rate for November 2014. from Edmonton it will cost $2088. I am worried that with adding flights from here and guests flying from Newfoundland that this resort will end up being unaffordable for my guests. My TA is recommending switching resorts but I have my heart set on ROR. What did past ROR brides end up paying? What were future ROR brides quoted? Any fall 2014 quotes? Any ROR newfie brides? How did you deal with flight issues? Can anyone recommend a different TA? Maybe I'd be better off doing it without one? I used air Canada vacations last summer for Mexico and they were awesome. would really like to use them again but they don't offer packages to Riu. :(

#869 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
                  • 270 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

ladies
                    I have a date confIrmed with my credit card holding it (November 28, 2014). I am living in Fort Mcmurray Alberta. Most guests will be flying from Alberta and Newfoundland. Just heard back from a local TA who specializes in destination weddings. She says that not many Canadian all inclusive travel companies offer packages to Riu resorts. She can fly us out of Edmonton but any fort mac guests will have to book their own travel from here to there. And they won't be offering flights from Newfoundland until sometime in 2015!!! Since the date is over a year away they don't have any rates right now but they provided her with aprojected rate for November 2014. from Edmonton it will cost $2088. I am worried that with adding flights from here and guests flying from Newfoundland that this resort will end up being unaffordable for my guests. My TA is recommending switching resorts but I have my heart set on ROR.

What did past ROR brides end up paying?
                    What were future ROR brides quoted?
                    Any fall 2014 quotes?
                    Any ROR newfie brides? How did you deal with flight issues?
                    Can anyone recommend a different TA?
                    Maybe I'd be better off doing it without one?

I used air Canada vacations last summer for Mexico and they were awesome. would really like to use them again but they don't offer packages to Riu.

that is so weird. They did not ask for my credit card information and when my wedding agent emailed them they said they did not need it. I am very confused!

#870 mrsbrowntobe

mrsbrowntobe
                    • 27 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

I did it through the online form and I used the confirmation code that was emailed to me. nothing is charged until I get there. its just to hold the date

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users