Jump to content

Photo

ROR Brides (Riu Ocho Rios)


  • Please log in to reply
979 replies to this topic

#711 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
  • Jr. Member
  • 270 posts

    Posted 20 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

    I remember that someone had posted that they liked the multipurpose dresses for the bridesmaids so I thought you guys might want to see this groupon offer.

     

    http://www.groupon.c...als/von-vonni-2

     

    :)



    #712 Atrack

    Atrack
    • Newbie
    • 69 posts

      Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:39 AM

      Thank you Kdoyle for the tips and yes we would love to see your pictures. Congratulations to you and your husband. Have a awesome honeymoon.

       

      Atracks

      Originally Posted by KDoyle 

      I just got married last Wednesday at ROR and had the private dinner and reception on pool deck for my wedding...I would not do it any other way now that I've been there and done it....it is so worth the extra cost!!!..my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I had 40 friends and family there. I can provide pics once I'm back ... Just on my honeymoon right now but happy to answer any question etc... Literally the time of my life ..,wedding day and night was PERFECT :))


      #713 jennMc

      jennMc
      • Newbie
      • 41 posts

        Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:49 AM

        Originally Posted by KDoyle 

        I just got married last Wednesday at ROR and had the private dinner and reception on pool deck for my wedding...I would not do it any other way now that I've been there and done it....it is so worth the extra cost!!!..my guests said it was the best wedding they have ever been to, and I had 40 friends and family there. I can provide pics once I'm back ... Just on my honeymoon right now but happy to answer any question etc... Literally the time of my life ..,wedding day and night was PERFECT :))

         

         

        Congrats!!! I can't wait to hear all about it when you back home and settled in...enjoy the honeymoon



        #714 jennMc

        jennMc
        • Newbie
        • 41 posts

          Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:56 AM

          Well I'm almost two weeks away from having my final numbers for ROR - all deposits are due June 7th - I can't wait - I can then finally decide on the reception, photographer...we can finally get our wedding party together...man oh man this has been a LONG 3 months...

           

          We can also see what perks we are going to end up with :) which I didn't even know about until a couple of weeks ago when I re-read my TA's email - so that's bonus...



          #715 DANIELLE03

          DANIELLE03
          • Jr. Member
          • 413 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
          • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
          • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

          Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

          Originally Posted by jennMc 

          Well I'm almost two weeks away from having my final numbers for ROR - all deposits are due June 7th - I can't wait - I can then finally decide on the reception, photographer...we can finally get our wedding party together...man oh man this has been a LONG 3 months...

           

          We can also see what perks we are going to end up with :) which I didn't even know about until a couple of weeks ago when I re-read my TA's email - so that's bonus...

          Thats awesome! our deposits are due end of this month. So we will have a good idea of who are coming from here which so far is confirmed and deposits are in for 20 :) including us. We have a bunch of family coming from within Jamaica as well as from the USA so we Are going to tell ppl we need to know by sept 1. So I can order the OOT bags and chair bows and table runners etc.

           

          If we had 32 coming from here both our first weeks would be paid for. But one of ours for 1 week is covered now so that helps the budget a bit:) plus upgraded room and whatever else they give :)

           

          So exciting. And only 3 months away until our wedding social!



          #716 jennMc

          jennMc
          • Newbie
          • 41 posts

            Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:17 PM

            Originally Posted by DANIELLE03 

            Thats awesome! our deposits are due end of this month. So we will have a good idea of who are coming from here which so far is confirmed and deposits are in for 20 :) including us. We have a bunch of family coming from within Jamaica as well as from the USA so we Are going to tell ppl we need to know by sept 1. So I can order the OOT bags and chair bows and table runners etc.

             

            If we had 32 coming from here both our first weeks would be paid for. But one of ours for 1 week is covered now so that helps the budget a bit:) plus upgraded room and whatever else they give :)

             

            So exciting. And only 3 months away until our wedding social!

            Wow you guys already have 20 ppl with deposits paid....right now I'm only sitting at 8ppl including us LOL my TA said everyone waits until the last minute and she wasn't kidding....it's been killing me because I want to book my reception already...what do you guys thinking for the reception?

             

            Where are you ordering your OOT bags from?

             

            Every 11th person gives us a credit so we are just hoping we reach 22/23 and then both of our first weeks are covered and/or pay for the photographer which I'm thinking I might bring from here or use Brain N 

             

            Where are you guys planning on spending your second week? Right now we are booked to stay at the ROR for the second week but I'm starting to wonder if we should change that (if we can)



            #717 DANIELLE03

            DANIELLE03
            • Jr. Member
            • 413 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
            • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
            • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

            Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:07 PM

            Originally Posted by jennMc 

            Wow you guys already have 20 ppl with deposits paid....right now I'm only sitting at 8ppl including us LOL my TA said everyone waits until the last minute and she wasn't kidding....it's been killing me because I want to book my reception already...what do you guys thinking for the reception?

             

            Where are you ordering your OOT bags from?

             

            Every 11th person gives us a credit so we are just hoping we reach 22/23 and then both of our first weeks are covered and/or pay for the photographer which I'm thinking I might bring from here or use Brain N 

             

            Where are you guys planning on spending your second week? Right now we are booked to stay at the ROR for the second week but I'm starting to wonder if we should change that (if we can)

            Yeah they def. wait until last minute. The only ppl that were booked before the deadline were my parents. HIs family all booked last week and then everyone else followed lol. Procrastinators .. smh.

             

            For the reception, since we are having more ppl now then expected and because my FMIL is insisting. We are doing a private repction at the plantation for 4 hours with a dj for the last 2 hours. That way she gets the private setting that she wants. Lol but I wont be doing the pool side one because its WAY more and with an anticipated 40 ppl or more I am not paying 67.50 a person.. lol

             

            For the OOT BAGS i am just going to pick up things from here that i see on sale. I dont think im going to go over board. Its basically just a little something something, but not crazy. For my neice (flower girl) im getting her a build a bear (shes gonna be almost 2 by then) and he is going to have a little tux, ( she has a teddy bear right now T.E.D is his name. lol that she wont let go. So because i didn thave a ring bearer i was going to say Ted can be it because she wont leave him for anything, and iwas going to put a suit on him, but maybe she will like the build a bear more-fingers crossed)

             

            We have something simliar like that for the credit, except its every 16th person that books the group pacakge. we have a few booking hotel only, but that doesnt count :( so right now we just have the one of us paid for 1 week.

             

            I am going with brian for Photographer as well :) he is amazing

             

            Well for the second week we are looking at resorts in Negril, We were going to do the Riu-Negril. My cousin got married there a few years ago and said it was nice, but we are thinking we are wanting to try another hotel chain. So we are keeping our options open. Travel agent said the rooms shouldnt change in price too much we are booked for 2 weeks for flight so thats what genrally makes the price go up she said, so a bit more time to deciide on that. I would like a couples only resort but that is asking for big $$$$ lol and even tho its our honey moon I dont want to go over board and over our budget



            #718 jennMc

            jennMc
            • Newbie
            • 41 posts

              Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:23 PM

              Yeah they def. wait until last minute. The only ppl that were booked before the deadline were my parents. HIs family all booked last week and then everyone else followed lol. Procrastinators .. smh. For the reception, since we are having more ppl now then expected and because my FMIL is insisting. We are doing a private repction at the plantation for 4 hours with a dj for the last 2 hours. That way she gets the private setting that she wants. Lol but I wont be doing the pool side one because its WAY more and with an anticipated 40 ppl or more I am not paying 67.50 a person.. lol For the OOT BAGS i am just going to pick up things from here that i see on sale. I dont think im going to go over board. Its basically just a little something something, but not crazy. For my neice (flower girl) im getting her a build a bear (shes gonna be almost 2 by then) and he is going to have a little tux, ( she has a teddy bear right now T.E.D is his name. lol that she wont let go. So because i didn thave a ring bearer i was going to say Ted can be it because she wont leave him for anything, and iwas going to put a suit on him, but maybe she will like the build a bear more-fingers crossed) We have something simliar like that for the credit, except its every 16th person that books the group pacakge. we have a few booking hotel only, but that doesnt count :( so right now we just have the one of us paid for 1 week. I am going with brian for Photographer as well :) he is amazing Well for the second week we are looking at resorts in Negril, We were going to do the Riu-Negril. My cousin got married there a few years ago and said it was nice, but we are thinking we are wanting to try another hotel chain. So we are keeping our options open. Travel agent said the rooms shouldnt change in price too much we are booked for 2 weeks for flight so thats what genrally makes the price go up she said, so a bit more time to deciide on that. I would like a couples only resort but that is asking for big $$$$ lol and even tho its our honey moon I dont want to go over board and over our budget

              Oh that's right I remember reading you were doing the plantation that's a neat idea I don't think it'll be worth it with our numbers so I'm thinking more of the Bon fire option and bringing an iPod/sound system not sure it's worth paying $300/hr for the dj... What are you doing for decorations? Are you using Tia's or bringing a lot of your own? I found these really cute bags at sears its clear with different coloured handles it comes with have different bags for your bathing suit, camera and flip flops I was thinking they would be cute for oot bags they are $10 so I was thinking they would be nice for the wedding party and our mom's but we'll see... I'm still going back and forth on the photographer...I really like Brains work but then being able to work with someone from home is nice too in case something goes wrong they are both around the same price so I'm not sure what to do yet... Yeah we are staying at the Riu for another week it was only $600 more each so we figured why not...probably can't get another week for that price and since we have to pay for the reception here we have to save our money where we can... Do you know what your planning on doing for wedding favours? I think your niece well love the bear that's such a cute idea...my niece is also going to be our flower girl she'll be almost 3 by then so ill have to come up with something neat...I guess I'll have to wait to see what she's into closure to the time :)

              #719 mzabala

              mzabala
              • Site Supporter
              • 8 posts

                Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:04 PM

                Hi Danielle03,

                 

                Just to clarify....If I choose to do my reception at the Plantation Restaurant, I would have to pay $1000 for 4 hours, plus $10.50 per person?

                I'm planning on going with the Caprice Package, which allows up to 40 guests.

                 

                Would this mean I would have to pay $10.50 pp for all 40 guests +++++, or just above the 40 guests?


                Maria



                #720 DANIELLE03

                DANIELLE03
                • Jr. Member
                • 413 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 16, 2014
                • Wedding Location:RIU OCHO RIOS
                • LocationWINNIPEG,MANITOBA,CANADA

                Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:29 AM

                Originally Posted by jennMc 


                Oh that's right I remember reading you were doing the plantation that's a neat idea I don't think it'll be worth it with our numbers so I'm thinking more of the Bon fire option and bringing an iPod/sound system not sure it's worth paying $300/hr for the dj... What are you doing for decorations? Are you using Tia's or bringing a lot of your own?

                I found these really cute bags at sears its clear with different coloured handles it comes with have different bags for your bathing suit, camera and flip flops I was thinking they would be cute for oot bags they are $10 so I was thinking they would be nice for the wedding party and our mom's but we'll see...

                I'm still going back and forth on the photographer...I really like Brains work but then being able to work with someone from home is nice too in case something goes wrong they are both around the same price so I'm not sure what to do yet...

                Yeah we are staying at the Riu for another week it was only $600 more each so we figured why not...probably can't get another week for that price and since we have to pay for the reception here we have to save our money where we can...

                Do you know what your planning on doing for wedding favours?

                I think your niece well love the bear that's such a cute idea...my niece is also going to be our flower girl she'll be almost 3 by then so ill have to come up with something neat...I guess I'll have to wait to see what she's into closure to the time :)

                I think if you are having a smaller amt of ppl then the bonfire option is a good one. or renting the disco for 2 hours cause it includes dj, open bar and its only like 500 bucks!

                 

                As for decorations, I am just bringing my own. Im going to order them offline, and anything heavier I will have sent to some of my FI family in jamaica. Everything I plan on bringing is light anyways. The main thing will be the centre peices.

                 

                I emailed Tai flowers and Jans for estimates and they never got back to me for flowers AND that was 2 months ago. . So I am deciding to do the bridesmaids flowers and groomsmen and parents etc with Real touch flowers. And just upgrade my free boquet at the resort since ill be staying in JA for 2 weeks ILl just bring the flowers with me to the next resort and then by the time we leave they will probably be dead anyways lol :P Oh and ill just make a toss boquet from some silk flowers here or something like that.

                 

                Oh those bags sound really cute! If i had less guests I would def buy those too! I have no clue right now what I will put it in, it will have to be cost effective. And for Me I dont think some of the ppl would appreciate a lil tote or beach bag and never use again, so may be a waste lol. Right now I am thinking like just minor things like bandaids, sunscreen, lip stuff. cards. We shall see lol. My bridesmaids are getting their own special little things and same with the moms.  Are you doing oot for your parents or siblings? I dont know if I will for them. so many decisions.... If it becomes way too much. I might just scratch the OOT for everyone except bridal party and parents. And for the guests just have a little welcome package with a itinary and some cards or something.

                 

                We were going to stay, but decided we wanted to go somewhere different in Jamaica as its my first time there, and not sure when Ill be back again so I wanted to def do negril for one week, that and some guests are staying 2 weeks at the resort so we want to go somewhere no one else is at.

                 

                Wedding favours. I am thinking a starfish shaped cookie ( my SIL(moa) Bakes and makes cakes and designs etc. So I was going to get her to make some cookies with our initials on them, As well as My FI family is from Jamaica, So its traditional to Have Rum cake at weddings. However, im not a fan so our wedding cake wont be that, but a big majority of our guests will be from jamaica or jamaican backround, so she is going to make rum cake and Ill put them in little favour box's for guests.  At least food will be eaten where something else will be put in a box somewhere lol

                 

                As for photographer. If I had one from home that I loved their work I def would do that too!

                 

                I hope she likes the bear But she might not like it as much as her Ted. LOL






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users